Kieran Trippier: sidelined until 30th March with calf injury (Hope)

Yorkie

I thought he was poor against Leeds (crossing and set piece in particular) but yesterday he was phenomenal. You could see he was the calm we needed in our back four.

He's been the catalyst to make our back four the best we've ever had. 

Fun fact: Fewest League goals conceded in a season – 33 in 34 matches, First Division, 1904–05. (We won the league that year).

I think we could easily be conceding under 25 for the whole league campaign of 38 games which is just ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, adamjk007 said:

I've not seen Martinelli so quiet in a game, Trippier done really well not to dive in at any point. Great defensive performance.

Rarely see Trippier get done now, him and Almiron tracking back have the right flank locked down tight. 

:lol: the kids booting off in the background.

I really hope Trippier stays with us after his playing career is done. Seems like he'd be an amazing coach, someone who can really help us develop over the next decade and more, with his work ethic, professionalism, and hopefully, winning mentality.

Interesting in that podcast, he confirms his fee was £12m. I think there was some talk early on that it was much higher.

Incredible value for money when you look at some other buys in that position, AWB etc.

Edited by Minhosa

Just watching the full podcast, as missed it first time round.

He speaks well, very open. Class.

EDIT: HIm just talking about the influence of Simeone, and 'game management', 'tactical fouls', 'killing time'. :snod:

Edited by TK-421

6 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Interesting in that podcast, he confirms his fee was £12m. I think there was some talk early on that it was much higher.

Incredible value for money when you look at some other buys in that position, AWB etc.

And confirmed Pope was £12m, Botman £33m and Bruno £40m