Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

2 hours ago, wormy said:

Maybe it's just because I can't afford it but I fail to understand how shit as garish as that LV jacket are fashionable. Looks like it could be off a local market stall or something. 

Aye it's absolute gash clothing and i can't get over how expensive it is. 

He’s not only been a great player for us, he’s been a great leader on of the pitch, he’s basically our own Eddie Howe out there on the pitch. I’ve always rated him, but didn’t realise how so good he is technically, his first touch is superb, his vision, passing, crossing and he still has his pace. He can defend as well. He can play right or left back and for me in our set up basically plays as a winger, he’d be able to play in a frontline forward three IMO. He will go down as one of our best signings of the PL era.

Edited by King HTT III

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Probably the most transformative signing in my lifetime like.

Has to be. Bellamy/Robert is the competitor but we weren't a bad team when they arrived, whereas we very much were when Trippier came. 

Mad to think he didn't even play after 13th February last season (until the very end). Such a massive impact. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Has to be. Bellamy/Robert is the competitor but we weren't a bad team when they arrived, whereas we very much were when Trippier came. 

Mad to think he didn't even play after 13th February last season (until the very end). Such a massive impact. 

We weren’t a bad team, but we were not a good team either, Robert and Bellamy especially transformed us. The most transformative player for me outside of the PL was Kilkline and when we got promoted, Beardsley. Then Robert and Bellamy jointly and probably followed by Ba, ASM mainly because without him Bruce would have been fucked and thus ourselves and now obviously Trippier. Botman has that similar feel.

It’s weird how certain players can bring so much to the team, we break the world record for Alan Shearer and although he obviously was great for us, he wasn’t a transformative player where as a 750k Rob Lee was or a 50k Kilkline. Or Ba on a free and now a 32 year-old RB.

Trippier isn't just a Kincline signing either, he legitimately became the best player I've ever seen play for us at right back within about 20 games. He ticked every single box there is - fantastic player, incredible influence and leader, an absolute bargain, came to us when it was risky - he's the full package like. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Trippier isn't just a Kincline signing either, he legitimately became the best player I've ever seen play for us at right back within about 20 games. He ticked every single box there is - fantastic player, incredible influence and leader, an absolute bargain, came to us when it was risky - he's the full package like. 

Aye he’s the best I’ve seen for us at RB. He’s Nobby like with his passing and crossing too when further forward on that right wing. Great bit of business by the club. More of the same please.

Edited by King HTT III

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah colossal player 

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Obviously we're going to miss him but it's sad how much we rely on him and Bruno.

It is and we do but I guess we’re still in transition. 

Trippier and Bruno are the new Newcastle but we’ve still got a hell of a lot of the old squad here. Time will bring change for the better but we need to remember we are only just over a year into this new era.

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Obviously we're going to miss him but it's sad how much we rely on him and Bruno.

Which is why we desperately need a midfielder who can dictate the game with a strike of a ball.