Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

The problem with set pieces is that apart from Lascelles, none of other CBs or tall players seem to attack the ball, it feels like they just stay quite stationary and try and get their head on it, they need to start deeper and actually run onto it, like Lascelles against Everton last year 

Joelinton and Isak are the only two capable of attacking the ball properly and I feel like we rarely aim for either of them directly. There's definitely some work that needs doing on the training pitch. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Class, will definitely listen to that, love KT me. There was a really funny moment yesterday just after Murphy knocked the ball out for a throw and they all had an argument about it. Jesus must have pushed KT or something because from the throw in he threw Jesus to the ground and then ran backwards flexing at him [emoji38]

Not sure if the cameras picked it up.

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Odd because Botman looked great from set pieces in France. 

Never saw him, but I'd heard that... If so, the question is what are we doing wrong now?

Edited by 80

2 hours ago, 80 said:

Never saw him, but I'd heard that... If so, the question is what are we doing wrong now?

Just a bit of shit luck and him snatching at it this year, i think

46 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just a bit of shit luck and him snatching at it this year, i think

Thing is, he doesn't look like someone who's good at attacking headers? Like, the body movement isn't happening, it's not just that he's mistiming the final touch. And for whatever reason, it's usually Burn who is used as our tactical centerpiece for set routines.

Not saying he can't be/wasn't good at them, just not sure what's wrong now.

Was a decent listen though it covered a lot of the same ground as his podcast with... Under the Cosh I think? Found that one more interesting at the time.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Would expect Schar in there considering his age, international experience and length of service.

Possibly replace one of Lascelles or Ritchie this summer ?

I’m only up to the Atletico Madrid bit and it’s been a bit meh tbh. It feels like they ask a lot of the same questions reworded to get sound bites. I get the sense Trippier was so present during those periods he wasn’t thinking about anything but playing football, which is fine, but won’t give you much in terms of perspective.

Some of the patter feels a bit live, laugh, love.

10 minutes ago, Viana said:

I’m only up to the Atletico Madrid bit and it’s been a bit meh tbh. It feels like they ask a lot of the same questions reworded to get sound bites. I get the sense Trippier was so present during those periods he wasn’t thinking about anything but playing football, which is fine, but won’t give you much in terms of perspective.

Some of the patter feels a bit live, laugh, love.

It's the High Performance Podcast, hosted by serious Jake Humphries and the bag of spuds sat next to him. They have no time for banter. It's about what value you bring to the world, continuous improvement and how you can become the cold, calculating leader and capitalist that everyone was born to be. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It's the High Performance Podcast, hosted by serious Jake Humphries and the bag of spuds sat next to him. They have no time for banter. It's about what value you bring to the world, continuous improvement and how you can become the cold, calculating leader and capitalist that everyone was born to be. 

Ha, it’s not even a banter issue, it just feels a bit desperate to have feelings.

Edit; to put more words to this, I watched Eddie Howe’s and I felt like I learned about his style of leadership.

I think Howe is conscious of both his instinctual response to situations and also his external perception as a leader and how those two marry. Trippier’s perspective is more insular. He became more professional at Barnsley but couldn’t really indicate what that meant. I don’t think he’s able to offer a unique insight, which may just be down to him, but it’s not helped by the contrast in the two hosts.

That’s my two cents.

Edited by Viana