Kieran Trippier: sidelined until 30th March with calf injury (Hope)

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Aiston said:

Piss poor on the 1st goal, massively unlucky on the 2nd. Poor in general today really.

Shit set pieces yet again from him yet we keep on letting him every single time.

He gave away the corner in the first place on the second.  Piss poor defending.

I don't really have a problem with our corners because I think more often than not Trippier puts in a decent or inventive ball into the box away from the keeper to try and create a chance

But the free kicks we get where we just aimlessly lump it forward are abysmal. We may as well just play them all short and keep posession as we pose zero threat from them

It must be a tactical decision to do it so I don't think it's Trippier's fault in the main but it's baffling why we keep doing it

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Not sure they are. They’re mostly very floaty and not difficult to defend. We need a Laurent Robert topspin special to mix things up.

Yep, they are generally accurate - which will no doubt up the chance created stuff - he puts in loads of crosses.  But there are very few I’ve seen where I thought ‘we need to be attacking that better / we should have buried that’.  None are whipped in with real venom or pace to make a defender’s life a nightmare.  They all get semi-floated to the penalty spot

Just don't understand what happened from early in the season when we were doing loads of different variations on corners especially, catching teams out a lot of the time. It often involved Tripps and Miggy, but now we hardly try anything like that. Think we tried it once today but first time I've seen it for months. 

Edited by Scotty66

7 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Just don't understand what happened from early in the season when we were doing loads of different variations on corners especially, catching teams out a lot of the time. It often involved Tripps and Miggy, but now we hardly try anything like that. Think we tried it once today but first time I've seen it for months. 

We tried it a few times today, one awful attempt when Trippier tried to pass it to Isak and passed it straight to them, one where Miggy and Trippier linked up nicely and another second half which was shit.

The problem with it is it's so obvious it's always going to Trippier, I'd like us to mix it up a bit.

he got that freekick at the end of the leeds game - edge of their box.

6 months ago we would have been celebrating before he even took it.

saturday we all knew it would end up as fuck all.

should have let schar take it.

it really was a poor attempt.

About time we had a clean sheet tonight. If we manage to only concede one more goal in our last three games we'll beat our record for least league goals conceeded in a season.