Sven Botman

The Prophet

52 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Also; Trippier, Botman, Digne, let’s fucking goooooo

Thats defense for the next two-to-three years ready to go. Five+ once we eventually offload Trippier. 

Rotate Schar and Fernandez as cover in the middle....fuck it, those 3 would take some pressure off of Lascelles as well. We'd be less error prone, I'd hope. 

Don't really know anything about him and got to be a risk for a player from an inferior league especially for that price, would have definitely prefer a proven Premier league cb but maybe none available. Preferably the type of player to sign in the summer but got to be an improvement.

4 hours ago, HWTL said:

Don't really know anything about him and got to be a risk for a player from an inferior league especially for that price, would have definitely prefer a proven Premier league cb but maybe none available. Preferably the type of player to sign in the summer but got to be an improvement.

Available being the key word, not many around and rivals will be VERY unwilling to sell.We need someone who's playing regular also .

5 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

Direct hit on Sunderland town centre. Sorry, “city” centre. But then would anyone notice the difference between before and after?

I was in Sunderland on Sunday, it looked like it had already been hit by a meteorite 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Think we'll probably go up to £40m inc addons, then look elsewhere. Hopefully Digne is sitting watching this thinking about his future as an offer goes in for him as well. 

If it means we spend less in other positions then I'm not sure we should be breaking the bank for him tbh

7 hours ago, LRD said:

Good to know we have alternatives like Nico Schlotterbeck (similar mould, on verge of national team) in our consideration too.

We are going to need alternatives, if Lille are keen to hold onto him despite needing the funds, they are probably just trying it on. We can up the bid to around £40m, after that it's just getting stupid. He's not the finished product, we need other options for when clubs see us coming and start whacking the asking prices up. 

30million has been quoted for a 31 year old Trippier. They'd be daft not to try and get more after seeing this. This is why i think some might have to wait until later in the window, even if we are desperate for reinforcements right away. I read somewhere that this "opens up for Milan". Like they are gonna pay 60. :)

12 hours ago, McDog said:

Well the coin to stay within FFP from what I read is 200M this window. Does he want to sign is the key. He can kick up a fuss if he thinks the offer is fair and clubs do not like having a pissed off player so we'll see.

Yes but we don't have to answer to ffp for 3 years so that 200m doesn't mean anything we can spend whatever we want in reality. 

Hopefully they are lining up sponsors now thinking well look how much is incoming. 

Really starting to think that we are going to do a city/chelsea now and all the drama of rule changes etc to hold us back are just smoke and mirrors. 

Edited by Gazzaschicken

3 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Yes but we don't have to answer to ffp for 3 years so that 200m doesn't mean anything we can spend whatever we want in reality. 

Hopefully they are lining up sponsors now thinking well look how much is incoming. 

Really starting to think that we are going to do a city/chelsea now and all the drama of rule changes etc to hold us back are just smoke and mirrors. 

I thought this video was enlightening.