Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Just now, Harem Ben Arthur said:

Was it Botman who liked the Newcastle / trippier Instagram post?

first Trippier, Botman and now Dele Ali and Tyrone Mings

Aye it was Botman. Wouldn’t read too much into Mings and Ali liking it as they are/were team mates. 

3 minutes ago, McDog said:

How expensive would Diop

likely be transfer fee wise?

L’Equipe stated we’d go with an initial bid of €10-12m (£8-10m). 

Edited by Manxst

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Couple of days ago he didn't want to come here, this morning he is keen to join. Think the journo's dont have a clue on how the players feel on transfers, reckon Digne might want to come as well 

Most journalists will have no clue what each individual players thinks of a certain move, they just guess.

It's possible ofcourse that Botman didn't want to join a week ago but after Trippier signing and seeing all these other bids tabled for quality players, maybe he's changed his mind.

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Why are West Ham entertaining the idea of selling Diop? Thought they were completely spent at CB?

Not sure they would. They said they wanted to keep him until at least summer when Milan wanted him.

8 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Offer them Fede to sweeten the deal. Ideally i'd like to keep him but it's clear he's not going to play under Howe so he might as well enjoy the remainder of his career somewhere warm

I rate Fede, personally believe he's our second best CB right now, has looked solid under Howe whenever he's played.  

Think we need keep him.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Most journalists will have no clue what each individual players thinks of a certain move, they just guess.

It's possible ofcourse that Botman didn't want to join a week ago but after Trippier signing and seeing all these other bids tabled for quality players, maybe he's changed his mind.

Agents play the bullshit game better than anyone as well. They'll tell a journalist the player isn't interested so they don't put off other clubs and so they can squeeze every last £ out of the club when the player eventually signs.

4 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I rate Fede, personally believe he's our second best CB right now, has looked solid under Howe whenever he's played.  

Think we need keep him.

Likewise, but Howe has played Clark instead of Fede in 3-4 games and that speaks volumes. I'd be starting Schar and Fede every game but Howe obviously sees it differently, so he's just going to warm the bench. And if we sign 2 new CBs he's even further down the pecking order

Edited by Holmesy

6 minutes ago, Harem Ben Arthur said:

Was it Botman who liked the Newcastle / trippier Instagram post?

first Trippier, Botman and now Dele Ali and Tyrone Mings

If we are basing the possibility of transfers on players liking instagram posts.  Then I am worried now :lol:   Mings is massively overrated and Alli seems like an absolute shithouse, who has also been out of form for about 3-4 years. 

We must be shipping a couple out if we're seriously targeting 2 CBs in this window. I just can't see Lascelles being ousted as a starter this season as we're going to have to balance new incomings with squad harmony to see out the year - he's a big voice in the group, rightly or wrongly. Botman feels like a good partner for him if we're going to play deeper and continue to focus on the counter. 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Likewise but Howe has played Clark instead of Fede in 3-4 games and that speaks volumes. I'd be started with Schar and Fede every game but Howe obviously sees it differently so he's just going to warm the bench. And if we sign 2 new CBs he's even further down the pecking order

Do you not think that was a bit of a carry over from the previous regime and perhaps Jones in his ear?  How many games has he actually been available for over Clark, as well?  He got injured not long after impressing versus Norwich, didn't he?  

I was thinking and hoping after doing well against Norwich after Clark's brainless red.  That he was going to get more of a look in.  But seems like Lascelles starts as he's captain and Howe likes Schar and his ability on the ball.  

Hopefully we stop up and next season we won't be worrying about which average/crap centre back we should be starting! 

18 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Offer them Fede to sweeten the deal. Ideally i'd like to keep him but it's clear he's not going to play under Howe so he might as well enjoy the remainder of his career somewhere warm

I think he would play under howe but I think he's unfit and his body isn't what it used to be. End of the road for him but defensively definitely the best cb we have atm just can't do it physically it seems

Very clever, in negotiations with 2 good players, bid a little low for both knowing it will be rejected, happy with either player to come.. then just wait and see which club blinks first.

Or maybe there’s a reality where we end up with both?

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

If we are basing the possibility of transfers on players liking instagram posts.  Then I am worried now :lol:   Mings is massively overrated and Alli seems like an absolute shithouse, who has also been out of form for about 3-4 years. 

Tbf those two will be liking it because they’ll be mates with Trippier. Botman liking it whilst having (presumably) zero connection with him or us, is at least a cause to suggest he’s keeping an eye on what we’re doing, which can only be a good thing.

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Mings and Ali were clearly as friends / teammates.

the Botman “like” clearly stands out. Especially with the player now interested in the move.

2 minutes ago, Harem Ben Arthur said:

Mings and Ali were clearly as friends / teammates.

the Botman “like” clearly stands out. Especially with the player now interested in the move.

I did get that.  It was tongue in cheek.  I know we have been linked with Alli a bit.  But I don't think we'll be trying to sign him or Mings, nor would I want us to.