Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

For people saying we should just pay the money, have many people actually seen him play enough times to form that opinion ?

No but I've seen Clark, Krafth and Lascelles plenty and they are taking us down.

We're negotiating all deals from a position a weakness.

We're second bottom and have played more games than our rivals. We've got no strikers and our defence is at best of championship standard.

All selling clubs know the above. Unfortunately in this window we have to pay the premium being asked.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

For people saying we should just pay the money, have many people actually seen him play enough times to form that opinion ?

Yes. He’s pretty good but honestly 25 million would have been more than fair; they’re seemingly out to rinse us. I mean, they paid 7 million for him relatively recently after Ajax weren’t too hot on him.

40+ million for guy who isn’t as good as Kurt Zouma (albeit he’s 21 and could get a lot better) is obscene. I doubt anyone in world football would pay that for Sven Botman.

Just now, Biggsbond14 said:

He put a question mark he doesn’t no 😉

Oh. He was guessing we’re ‘out’ because Botman hasn’t signed yet? I thought maybe there had been some news I’d missed. 

"Lille refused English approaches for Botman, including one from Newcastle at €35M

We will have to be attentive to the central defenders market between this end of the winter transfer window and the next transfer window next summer. Several important clubs in Europe are looking for this position. A significant demand that could drive up prices and do business for French clubs whose players are in great demand.

This is the case with Sven Botman. Identified by several European recruiting cells, the central defender is probably the most courted element. But the LOSC is resisting, for the moment, all approaches. Newcastle are however very urgent and made several offers to Lille, the last of which is around 35 million euros.

Except that the Lille leaders will end the 2021/2022 financial year positive on the economic level with the qualification in the knockout stages of the Champions League and the sale of Jonathan Ikoné to Fiorentina estimated at 15 million euros. Financial results which, for the moment, allow Lille to resist and to remain firm. Until next summer, when the door will open for Sven Botman."

Loïc Tanzi of RMC, via Google Translate.

33 minutes ago, Kanji said:

You asked about pre January signings, so I answered that on The Everton fullback mate. 

Lille don’t appear to be open to selling, various reports have said we’ve bid what they asked and they’ve been coming back with different requests and structure. Pre weekend apparently we bid exactly what they asked for. It appears a seller is not willing or that desperate to get rid or the deal would have been done. 

Except that we didn't  bid what they asked for. We bid the main sum of cash they wanted but our addons were different from what they wanted, but we were hopeful of it getting accepted anyway. I haven't seen anything about them moving the goal posts. I could be wrong mind and missed this, but i'm sure it would have been out there more or less everywhere. Apparently Lille's demands regarding the add ons were much more short term meanwhile our were more long term thinking.

Also, if they keep changing the terms, why do we waste time i wonder. Doubt we'd do that if we thought they were being asses about it.

Edited by Ikon

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

There's been nothing concrete for a few days, hence we're back to Sven Botman. I've cleared the decks everywhere in anticipation for a joygasm of signing news on multiple fronts.

It really takes the character out of the forum.  I wish you'd stop.

Guest Biggsbond14
12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Oh. He was guessing we’re ‘out’ because Botman hasn’t signed yet? I thought maybe there had been some news I’d missed. 

No mate in the dark like the rest of us sadly