Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Surely people dealing with millions of pounds don't make forecasts like "we'll spend between 80 & 100 million" anyway? 

I would imagine it would either be 80 or 100, or a number somewhere in between as the ideal upper limit - which they would have arrived at using an actual calculation?

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Surely people dealing with millions of pounds don't make forecasts like "we'll spend between 80 & 100 million" anyway? 

I would imagine it would either be 80 or 100, or a number somewhere in between as the ideal upper limit - which they would have arrived at using an actual calculation?

Should be instant 1 week ban for anyone linking that bald twat's tweets. 

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

They told him 90 but the bald tory cunt gets paid per character.

We sure know how to prolong a transfer. Could be due to the structure of the deals we’re trying to go for, could be Lille being wankers again or it could just all be bullshit and we’re still good to go. Whatever it is this is taking ages to “get across the line”.

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I hope we are hard as f when someone comes knocking on our door. Let the buying club work for months. Demand crazy price, move the goalpost, let the agents know this will be difficult.

"You want Jeff Hendrick? £30 million thank you very much. Hello? Hello?"

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

We sure know how to prolong a transfer. Could be due to the structure of the deals we’re trying to go for, could be Lille being wankers again or it could just all be bullshit and we’re still good to go. Whatever it is this is taking ages to “get across the line”.

Imagine the former as we’re trying to get the best value of our transfer kitty. Sensible but sometimes you can’t piss around too much though otherwise you’ll miss out.

We did that in January, hopefully not again here.

I'm not bothered about missing out on a player, I'd be raging if we hadn't thought about who was next on our list. I'm sure we have.

If ever we get so far down our list that we are no longer getting value for money, I'd rather we used our budget on another area; Paqueta for example.

We just need 3 or 4 top quality players, the position they are in, isn't actually that important, given our severe lack of depth.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Luke Edwards is bald.

Why does this matter? :lol: he could have hair down to his toes, doesn't change his shite winding up of our fan base and stubbornly wrong write ups and tweets about us. 

'If' this is true, yeah, I have no problem at all with the club walking away. Personally, I'd rather delay our improvements as a club by a year than be screwed with. It'll set horrible precedents otherwise. Plenty more fish in the sea, there'll be clubs we learn we like dealing with (Brighton?) and clubs we learn to avoid.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

If Lille are pissing us about again, just walk away. They spent the whole of January pissing us about. It's time to tell them where to go.

And let them know why “look you’ve pissed us about too much so we’re done”. Set an example going forward that we won’t allow people to take the piss.

36 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm not bothered about missing out on a player, I'd be raging if we hadn't thought about who was next on our list. I'm sure we have.

If ever we get so far down our list that we are no longer getting value for money, I'd rather we used our budget on another area; Paqueta for example.

We just need 3 or 4 top quality players, the position they are in, isn't actually that important, given our severe lack of depth.

I said exactly this to my father yesterday. 

38 minutes ago, hakka said:

Why does this matter? :lol: he could have hair down to his toes, doesn't change his shite winding up of our fan base and stubbornly wrong write ups and tweets about us. 

It is the only thing we can be sure of with Luke.

Fwiw, Luke strikes me as a club mouth piece who will broadcast the party line every time in order to gain a level of access.

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

It is the only thing we can be sure of with Luke.

Fwiw, Luke strikes me as a club mouth piece who will broadcast the party line every time in order to gain a level of access.

Surely, you're not serious? No chance is he a club mouth piece the constant shit he has given the owners.

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

I don't think it's fair to dismiss him because he's giving us negative news

That’s how it works though :lol: Positive news that most of us want to hear will be true, anything we don’t like is false.