Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is there any actual rumour about Paqueta or is it entirely a fan-made one based on the fact he’s friends with Bruno and came to Newcastle once?

The Athletic reported that we enquired about him in January, but other than that it's just general fan lusting (me included).

If we could shift some players out, it could open the door. Even a couple, what now is, fringe players would get £20m+, bolting that onto whatever's left for Paqueta might change things. 

At least I like to console myself so.

Very happy that we seem to have landed our (and Maldini's) primary target.

Never seen Botman play but on yt highlights he doesn't seem as one-footed as most lefties. Could he partner Burn from the right-sided position? Why the hell not, Eddie would teach him. Although I'm struggling to think of a single left-footed CB partnership in all my years of watching football..  

2 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Very happy that we seem to have landed our (and Maldini's) primary target.

Never seen Botman play but on yt highlights he doesn't seem as one-footed as most lefties. Could he partner Burn from the right-sided position? Why the hell not, Eddie would teach him. Although I'm struggling to think of a single left-footed CB partnership in all my years of watching football..  

Bramble had 2 left feet if that counts

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Slim said:

The🤴 has spoken about it.

Hope the cunt gets run over by a horse, fucking hell learn to speak properly you gimp. Lille, Leo?

Edited by HTT II

We can all agree that Fabian Schar is pretty canny, aye?

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/player_comparison.cgi?request=1&sum=0&comp_type=by_type&dom_lg=1&spec_comps=big_5&player_id1=ccce7025&p1yrfrom=2021-2022&player_id2=c8aa95da&p2yrfrom=2021-2022

Botman v Schar last season 

/ played the exact number of games

/ Botman's passing stats blow wor Fab's out the water: 89.1% completion compared to 71.2%. Specifically long passes, it's 77.7% to Fab's 51.3%.

/ the vast, vast majority of Botman's passes are on the ground. Fab's is significantly more split, with far more high passes. 

/ Botman attempted and won more tackles, attempted and won more presses and made more blocks. Schar made more interceptions and is better at challenging against dribbles, though. 

/ Botman scored more goals (3-2), made far fewer fouls (19-33) and won far more aerial duels (73%-51%).

/ Fab beats Bots on dribbles; 61% compared to 50%, and has more touches further forward

/ they both got booked four times.

Summary: 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523747dc55392c57434d

2 hours ago, Milanista said:

When you grew up with Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, and Nesta... we've never really had defenders like him, who were "hardmen." I mean, Tassotti might be the closest to that or actually Stam, but he was only at Milan briefly. Panucci, Cafu, Thiago Silva, Galli, Oddo, Jankulovski, Tomori, Kalulu now... we don't really employ hardmen. Plus, so many of Materazzi's redcards hurt his team. There's no need.

Christ, the defenders Milan had from the late ‘80s to late ‘90s (and on tbf).

Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini is surely the greatest back line in football history - Tassotti and Costacurta were superb players, and Baresi and Maldini will always be in ‘greatest defenders ever’ conversations.  To think they had the likes of Panucci and Galli as back-ups in the side that won the 1994 European Cup - Jesus wept.  I can’t separate them from Barcelona’s late ‘00s-early ‘10s side as the greatest club teams in history.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

We can all agree that Fabian Schar is pretty canny, aye?

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/player_comparison.cgi?request=1&sum=0&comp_type=by_type&dom_lg=1&spec_comps=big_5&player_id1=ccce7025&p1yrfrom=2021-2022&player_id2=c8aa95da&p2yrfrom=2021-2022

Botman v Schar last season 

/ played the exact number of games

/ Botman's passing stats blow wor Fab's out the water: 89.1% completion compared to 71.2%. Specifically long passes, it's 77.7% to Fab's 51.3%.

/ the vast, vast majority of Botman's passes are on the ground. Fab's is significantly more split, with far more high passes. 

/ Botman attempted and won more tackles, attempted and won more presses and made more blocks. Schar made more interceptions and is better at challenging against dribbles, though. 

/ Botman scored more goals (3-2), made far fewer fouls (19-33) and won far more aerial duels (73%-51%).

/ they both got booked four times.

Summary: 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523747dc55392c57434d

This made the sexy bastard Fab look shite, and I'm honestly appalled at the utter disrespect being shown, hang your head in shame Yorks.