Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely no reason why we can't at least be competing for 7th. West Ham, Wolves and Leicester were certainly nothing special last season. 

West Ham were very good last season and are arguably looking to improve just as much as us this summer.

We are not going to finish above City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham.  I feel we are very much in the pack of Man U, West Ham, Leicester and possibly Villa if they get it together.  Hence, finishing above them would be a great achievement.  6th to 10th should be the target.

With the current front line, would say more like 9th-10th. Bring in a couple more 6th to 8th could be achievable.  We sinmply cannot go into the season with just Wilson and Wood and our current RW players. 

Just now, Dan Gleebals said:

We are not going to finish above City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham.  I feel we are very much in the pack of Man U, West Ham, Leicester and possibly Villa if they get it together.  Hence, finishing above them would be a great achievement.  6th to 10th should be the target.

With the current front line, would say more like 9th-10th. Bring in a couple more 6th to 8th could be achievable.  We sinmply cannot go into the season with just Wilson and Wood and our current RW players. 

We won't don't even think we've put a dint in our budget yet. We've probably got £120+ million of attacking flair yet to arrive.

Genuinely think Man City, Liverpool, and Spurs are the only "untouchables" this season, as it stands. The other "big three" need to do some serious business, still.

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My demand was only that we try. Even if we have a season that doesn't work out because of injuries or bad luck etc, I don't mind as long as it's obvious we're pushing in the right direction. I'd absolutely hate it if we immediately started getting arsey about not finishing top 10 as a fan base. 

This!

Can't help but feel it's going to take a fucking huge amount of time for my feeling of sheer gratitude to the new owners for freeing us of Ashley to even look like wearing off tbqh.

Some of the demanding shite I see on social media is frankly mindblowing to me.

Like, have you literally forgotten the last 14 years ever happened?

Like winning the lottery and pretending you didn't have the money to pay your gas bill for 14 years. Just because you're loaded now doesn't erase your past. We didn't deserve poverty and we're not entitled to riches. Just enjoy the ride and have some fucking grace man you set of spoiled attention seeking bellends.

Edited by Minhosa

We need to rapidly build a competitive squad otherwise it will only get harder to crack the top 4, whether or not we accomplish our goals is another story, but there's no real advantage to dragging it along.

Next year will probably be about establishing ourselves as a proper club again, hopefully finishing above/alongside the likes of West Ham/Wolves. If that happens we'll be looking to bridge the gap between whoever is on the outside of the top 4 (Arsenal/Man Utd maybe).

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We need to rapidly build a competitive squad otherwise it will only get harder to crack the top 4, whether or not we accomplish our goals is another story, but there's no real advantage to dragging it along.

Next year will probably be about establishing ourselves as a proper club again, hopefully finishing above/alongside the likes of West Ham/Wolves. If that happens we'll be looking to bridge the gap between whoever is on the outside of the top 4 (Arsenal/Man Utd maybe).

Whiel I agree with this - we do need the right players. That's why i'm not averse to loan signings. If the right long-term player isn't there we can always get a loan in.

12 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just checked he scored 11 goals for us in that relegation season. Was outstanding for Liverpool. Played 38 times for PSG last year. Still only 31 (?)  Would add to our quest for most handsome team in PL. But is probably on about 15 million a year and I seem to recall him saying something disgruntled like ‘Newcastle fans know nothing about football.’ So

he’s perceptive as well 😉
It’s a yes from me! 

Wijnaldum is reported to be on 9.2 million (Euros presumably) per year at PSG. Though as he went there on a free I presume it would be expected for this to be corrected downwards if his next move was for a transfer fee? Suspect it is the whole financial package which would lead to a straight no/maybe/yes/hell yeah! decision.