Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

1 hour ago, Milanista said:

If I wanted to be fair to Tuchel, injuries really derailed his season. His offense is really predicated on his wing-backs, and without them, his system crumbles. Personally? I think that underlines that he lacks imagination, the ability to innovate, and the skill to make the best out of bad situations.

I disagree, I think the CL is the ultimate barometer of teams, because in a league, if you're a big team, most of your games are going to be against teams that have less resources than you do, worse players, it's about whether you are consistent, and there's obviously a huge value in the league.

But in the CL, even the small teams aren't pushovers. Sure, you'll play an AEK Athens or Club Brugge, but they can surprise you. The knock-out rounds are two-legged ties, and if it was single game elimination, I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Istanbul was only possible because of Gerrard diving for a penalty. Without that penalty, Milan would have won. If an Italian had dived like that, it would have been described as "dark arts" (the new term of art in England it seems) and cheating--we were the better team, in fact, we were the best team in the world from 2002-2007, and should have won the CL every year. In 2006 we faced Barca in the semis, and as per usual, Barca had ref help, Shevchenko had a perfectly good goal scored taken out which would have allowed us to progress, as we would have smashed that Arsenal team. In 2007, we played cautious, and outplayed Liverpool. Their consolation goal was offside, anyway.

Maybe it's because there have been so many scandals in Italy with league titles that I don't value them as much? Or that Milan seems to be the equivalent of Liverpool, where our CL glory clouds our judgment?

I agree with everything but how did he miss this, literally a freak save, incredible.

Guest HTT II
9 hours ago, Milanista said:

If I wanted to be fair to Tuchel, injuries really derailed his season. His offense is really predicated on his wing-backs, and without them, his system crumbles. Personally? I think that underlines that he lacks imagination, the ability to innovate, and the skill to make the best out of bad situations.

I disagree, I think the CL is the ultimate barometer of teams, because in a league, if you're a big team, most of your games are going to be against teams that have less resources than you do, worse players, it's about whether you are consistent, and there's obviously a huge value in the league.

But in the CL, even the small teams aren't pushovers. Sure, you'll play an AEK Athens or Club Brugge, but they can surprise you. The knock-out rounds are two-legged ties, and if it was single game elimination, I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Istanbul was only possible because of Gerrard diving for a penalty. Without that penalty, Milan would have won. If an Italian had dived like that, it would have been described as "dark arts" (the new term of art in England it seems) and cheating--we were the better team, in fact, we were the best team in the world from 2002-2007, and should have won the CL every year. In 2006 we faced Barca in the semis, and as per usual, Barca had ref help, Shevchenko had a perfectly good goal scored taken out which would have allowed us to progress, as we would have smashed that Arsenal team. In 2007, we played cautious, and outplayed Liverpool. Their consolation goal was offside, anyway.

Maybe it's because there have been so many scandals in Italy with league titles that I don't value them as much? Or that Milan seems to be the equivalent of Liverpool, where our CL glory clouds our judgment?

Winning the CL is obvious a statement and a sign you are a top team, with top players and maybe even a top manager, but it’s still a cup knockout competition after the group stages and again, for me, not the true barometer of how good a team is. Winning your domestic (top-flight) league means you are the best team in your country, winning the CL doesn’t mean you are the best team in Europe. Chelsea won it and were nowhere near being the best team here in England and still aren’t. I agree injuries haven’t helped Tuchel, but he’s utilised that squad poorly in my opinion. Hopefully your team will win another CL next season. 

9 hours ago, Milanista said:

American schooling, plus my mother moved to America when she was young, while my university and graduate work was all in English.

So, I'm nothing special, really. But thank you so much for such nice words.

Another Yank on the forum then, @Mike I think the quota might be maxed out if you want to pack your things up.

11 hours ago, LV said:

How does an Italian guy end up writing more eloquently than most English people?

We’ve got nun tumblers. How much eloquence do you want?

19 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Who said we couldn't afford the rights to the old batman tune the other day [emoji38]

To be fair, it's TikTok, you can get away with copyright infringement on there, not so much on Twitter :lol:

18 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

NUFC interviewer as piercing as ever with the interview questions [emoji38]

"You like keeping clean sheets Sven?" "Aye I do, all things considered"

(not a direct quote, but may as well be)

The questions were painful. Sven says on multiple occasions that it's a dream to play in the PL. The interviewer then follows up by asking him if he's looking forward to playing in the PL. He doesn't do active listening, he has a list of questions and he's powering through.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The questions were painful. Sven says on multiple occasions that it's a dream to play in the PL. The interviewer then follows up by asking him if he's looking forward to playing in the PL. He doesn't do active listening, he has a list of questions and he's powering through.

He's particularly crap, that fella. Dan's improved a bit. 

45 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It’s awful questioning like, is it the same lad we’ve had for years?

Need a refresh if it is.

Guest HTT II
16 minutes ago, midstoon said:

He doesn’t look impressed by anything and that’s not a criticism, he seems a deadly serious guy and I think that is what we need, someone no nonsense, like a deadly killer, just out to do a job and get business done.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’s awful questioning like, is it the same lad we’ve had for years?

Need a refresh if it is.

Get Adam P in…