Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

9 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:
8 hours ago, Peppe said:

Yeah, wtf? :lol:

Guess it's some land hockey thing, unless he ran out on the ice to shoot his football 🤔

Land Hockey as opposed to Hockey of the seas

Exactly! 😁

It's called land hockey in Sweden I believe, as "hockey" refers to ice hockey over here 😊

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon Howe eases him in like he did with Bruno or because it’s a new season he can and should go straight in.

He should go straight in. Burn was great last season but Botman gives us so much more. 

Just now, Yelevats said:

Strange signing if he doesn’t come straight in considering the money could have been used to reinforce the area of the pitch we actually need strengthening.

You could have said that about Bruno in January and Howe judged that spot on.

It's hardly much of an issue. Botman will be our number 1 defender in the next few years at least.

Of course some will cry like bairns when they don't get what they want.

Personally wasn't expecting us to go after a CB, wouldn't have been unhappy going into the season with Burn and Schar. However after watching him so far, regardless of it being pre season, he looks a big upgrade on what we have and possibly essential to the way we now aim to play?

I think Bruno was eased in because he was joining a team that was gaining momentum and players who were not previously performing, were coming alive and getting really good pitch time. 

With Botman he's had his entire preseason with us, so I imagine he should be ready to roll. I expect him to start, he's the marquee defender we've wanted for ages and he should start IMO. 

15 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

With not having strengthened up top yet we may need his incisive passes from the back even more.

Never mind that, we may need to get him to pass it into the opposition net.