Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

44 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

How can you be in negative numbers? What does that represent, giving the ball away which creates an opposition chance?

I would expect it just means performing actions that reduce your team's xg e.g. receiving the ball with your back to goal, being blocked and playing a pass back to deeper midfield to retain possession. Rather than actively increasing your opposition's chance of a goal.

Such a lovely combo him and Schär. Botman reminds me of Nemanja Vidic,but also much more skillfull with the feet. 

Such a rare thing to have the calmness of a tiki taka defence with all four of them. Trippier a masterclass and Burn has Brighton dna all over him.

It’s not just the fact they’re good positionally, good in the air and on set pieces, it’s that they’re both so good with the ball. How many teams in the PL have a player who can drive with the ball like Schar or spray passes like Botman? On top of everything else, just pure class 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s not just the fact they’re good positionally, good in the air and on set pieces, it’s that they’re both so good with the ball. How many teams in the PL have a player who can drive with the ball like Schar or spray passes like Botman? On top of everything else, just pure class 

1. Only 1. And it’s us. Lush!

Always liked Schar, classy defender and I'm glad he's now playing in a good team. Having Botman next to him must be fantastic, having a really solid defender there to rely on allows him to just relax and play his game.

He’s certainly got the most potential

than any CB we’ve had since Woodgate. Different attributes and Woodgate was different class to any other CB I’d seen for us. Botman can hopefully, quietly, become the man, he’s got all you need. 

Just now, Dr. TC said:

I think this was it. He seemed to pack grip and composure because of it. 

It was monsoon season out there. Can't say I'm too worried.