Lucas Digne

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I'd rather Taglafico. Send Longstaff to Ajax :lol:

He's the one I've wanted here since we were first linked under Rafa when we came back up. Should have had him then when he was £4m-ish.

Athletic saying talks ongoing with Sevilla for Carlos.

3 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

If he prefers London, then it's a 'no thanks' from me. Either buy into what the club is trying to do, or bugger off elsewhere.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I said character for this club for that reason. A lot of players from France/Spain/Italy want to be in London, that doesn't mean that they don't have character, just means that they are the wrong characters for Newcastle. Perhaps the wrong choice of phrase.

Not sure about any of that. I suppose it's natural to want to live in London. But if he's prepared to talk then he's prepared to listen. Over to you Amanda.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Just to add some detail to this - I'm saying we won't sign him in this window. Whether he joins us in summer is another thing :lol:

I think his wages and fee and Chelsea only needing a short-term solution may work in our favour, that and Rafa seemingly wanting Longstaff. Fingers crossed it happens anyway!

34 minutes ago, themanupstairs said:

Can't stand Digne. Excellent little left-back that he is, still a bit of a twat. If Howe really wants Kelly I'd be happy with that until summer, and then see what else is out there.

I think you proved yourself wrong by saying he’s excellent. 

27 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I fucking hate Everton, it has to be said. 

That lot could do with a relegation battle to be honest. 

Always liked Everton and been good fun and good people up there for away days. The same as Liverpool fans. 

I do feel like there seemed to be a shift from their end towards disliking us. I’m basing this off fans online, which isn’t necessarily a fair reflection. But it seemed noticeable when they got Allardyce. 

Still, the more shit teams the better. Hopefully Leeds and Everton get dragged into it properly and we might have more of a chance to get out the shit. 

6 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

If he prefers London, then it's a 'no thanks' from me. Either buy into what the club is trying to do, or bugger off elsewhere.

Well that's just rude.

Never forget, Rob Lee preferred London, but think we managed to suggest Newcastle was a suburb.

Worked out ok iirc.

19 hours ago, BottledDog said:

Well that's just rude.

Never forget, Rob Lee preferred London, but think we managed to suggest Newcastle was a suburb.

Worked out ok iirc.

He was going to sign for Middlesbrough, who were a league above us at the time until Keegan managed to convince him that Newcastle was closer to London than Middlesbrough is.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

He was going to sign for Middlesbrough, who were a league above us at the time until Keegan managed to convince him that Newcastle was closer to London than Middlesbrough is.

Well it is if you consider it in terms of time actually travelling by anything except a private aircraft.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

F him, get Tagliafico instead 

The one advantage of Digne is that he won't need extensive bedding in, I suppose. Couple of sessions to rehearse tactics and he can feature immediately against Watford.

20 hours ago, toon25 said:

I fucking hate Everton, it has to be said. 

That lot could do with a relegation battle to be honest. 

I just don't feel anything for them at all. In my 33 years of watching football they've never done or been anything. They had a brief period under Moyes when they were ok but that's it. Nothing, anonymous club! Their financial fairplay woes seem to be down to not being able to attract decent sponsorship because no one cares about them. Sad plight really.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Well it is if you consider it in terms of time actually travelling by anything except a private aircraft.

That was his sales pitch. Train times much quicker due to Newcastle being on the East Coast Main Line.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still convinced he'll end up at Chelsea.

I think so. We don't seem to be showing much confidence about this one even with Rafa keen on Longstaff, so it seems Digne is trying to force a move to London being the fanny that he is. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah that’s fair, tbh the Dutch Journo on SSN essentially said Tagliafico is PL ready 

There's all that guff and hassle of uprooting yourself to settle in a new country too, for a foreign league player. No matter how good Tagliafico is (and I prefer him to Digne), Digne would be "plug n play" for us.