Lucas Digne

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Why?

Probably because I hold Rafa in such high regard and I just think that anyone that doesn't like his style and work ethic is probably not the type of player I want at Newcastle ( I have zero context to base this theory on) 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Pretty sure Romano said it was a no go for us ages ago. He’s likely going to want to play higher than us. West Ham imo

I honestly doubt they can afford him unless he's so desperate to play in London he's willing to take a massive pay cut. 

A lot of it is probably just talk and speculation but if he's wanting that much and isn't too arsed about coming here, I'd just sack him off me. Especially if Rafa thinks he's a bad egg. 

Edited by Heron

The plot thickens. Firstly, it sounds like Trippier might have taken a pay cut or at least not shaken us down, so effing good on him.

If reports are to be believed, Digne is on 120k already at Everton. Chelsea have Chilwell on 190k, and other full backs in Alonso and Az.....cueta on 100k each. They only need Digne till summer and Everton want/need a big transfer fee. It all points to Digne being stuck at Everton. His best hope of crazy money, Man U, already have Luke Shaw on 150k.

Everton need to sell him like yesterday. 

I can see it getting half way into January and him realising he can't sit on the bench for six months if he wants to be part of France's plans in December. Howe affords a lot of attacking responsibility to fullbacks, and that will suit his game perfectly. 

Maybe Howe's comments that a few links are "in the hands of agents now" refers to situations like this. No point both clubs agreeing (even informally) on a deal if the player and his agent are greedy cunts who want a 60 percent pay raise. I won't want mercenaries either. Which makes Trippier wanting to come here on reduced wages all the more astounding