Lucas Digne

Good move for all concerned if they get it done tbh. Villa get a very good LB, Everton lose a problem player and have already replaced him. Digne starts every week so he can cement his French squad place. 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Oh dear, I suppose if he didn't want to come then it might be for the best but it's a blow to think we can't attract quality players 

We’re 19th in the league, it’s hardly a surprise 

Just now, Ben said:

True bit we have a project in place and a big bag of money 

And if we survive this season I’m sure we won’t have half as many problems attracting players in the summer. 

But I can see why players would be against the move right now, it is a risk 

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

And if we survive this season I’m sure we won’t have half as many problems attracting players in the summer. 

But I can see why players would be against the move right now, it is a risk 

Fair point, but as Newcastle fan it's still a bit of a worry

Had he signed for us people would have been over the moon. Now he's going to Villa he's this and that :lol:

(I know there's been rumours/words about his attitude) 

Edited by Ikon

Gerrard factor perhaps ? Whatever peoples view of Gerrard was, there’s no doubting he’s a big name manager. 

A lot of people turned their noses up at Gerrard due to Liverpool baggage, but the fact remains coupled with the excellent Michael Beale and Gary McCallister they’re a good set up.

“Nah, no way, never” to us yet Villa is the land of milk and honey? I mean we’re still likely to go down, but I still don’t see them as being a massively bigger draw currently.

Oh well. Can only hope we stay up and make him regret not buying into the project.

Athletic: "The 28-year-old wants to join a club that are either already in a European competition or have a serious chance of qualifying for next season. Villa are now confident their exciting project — fronted by new signing Philippe Coutinho — has convinced Digne that switching to the Midlands is the right move."