Diego Carlos

Nobody

Given the lack of a rumours about about a CDM, and us aggressively spending £30m+ on 2 CB's, I wonder is Howe is planning on us pivoting to a 3 at the back system, something like:

Botman        Schar       Carlos

Trippier                                                Tagliefico 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aren’t they both left footed centre backs ? Just feel it’s one or the other.

I was (half) joking. I just don’t know what to make of this whole actually buying top players thing.

Its unreal :lol:

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’re playing football, not trying to evacuate people from a burning airplane.

:lol:

In some ways they are 

Edited by LV

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’re playing football, not trying to evacuate people from a burning airplane.

It's irrelevant anyway because they do speak the same language apparently but centre half is all about partnerships and you need to be able to communicate with your partner 

20 minutes ago, triggs said:

It's irrelevant anyway because they do speak the same language apparently but centre half is all about partnerships and you need to be able to communicate with your partner 

I see your point but if your current centre-halves are speaking in gibberish to each other perhaps it’s worth the risk

9 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I won't give a fuck what language they speak when Carlos ploughs through the back of Che Adams and Botman scores a 90th minute winner and celebrates by sticking the Vs up at Hassenhutl. 

There’s a few websites for that sort of thing if you don’t want to wait until the game is rearranged.

12 hours ago, 54 said:

Given the lack of a rumours about about a CDM, and us aggressively spending £30m+ on 2 CB's, I wonder is Howe is planning on us pivoting to a 3 at the back system, something like:

Botman        Schar       Carlos

Trippier                                                Tagliefico 

Think you'll want Botman on the left.  (And I imagine that Schar must speak some French as well. :bluestar:)

Edited by gazza ladra

Regarding going to a back three... I read somewhere that Howe spent some timre watching Athletico Madrid. 

Over the past year, his focus has shifted towards Spain. At Atletico Madrid, he observed Diego Simeone closely. Although the Argentinian’s preferred style of play is diametrically opposed to Howe’s, the Newcastle head coach is said to have been fascinated by Simeone’s ability to challenge Barcelona and Real Madrid, despite having comparatively meagre resources. Simeone’s leadership and the collective spirit of his sides also appeal to Howe, who believes togetherness is crucial towards his own team’s success.

Steal his wingback and lift his system?

Edited by gazza ladra