Diego Carlos

Nobody

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not sure why people concern themselves with price tags like, if we can afford to pay it and we're happy that it fits within our FFP budget then I don't really care what we pay. 

Yeah but the more we use now the less we can spend in the future.

Just now, Oz said:

We'll be Everton mk2 in a few years if we hoy money about at the prices demanded by these European clubs in January.

It's been 3 months since Ashley left after 14 years of penny pinching. Just give in and enjoy it man. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Oz said:

We'll be Everton mk2 in a few years if we hoy money about at the prices demanded by these European clubs in January.

I doubt it, like. Our financial situation is massively different to Everton's, even discounting the wealth of our owners and impending sponsorship deals etc. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

They really rate him?

From what I gather, aye. Seems fairly justified too given that he's a regular in their team and they have one of the best defensive records in Europe this season. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Ben White was 40m iirc. Rudiger was 29m. It’s just how it is now 

Exactly, the price for these type of players always come down to whether the proof is in the pudding. For every Keane there's a Rudiger, for every Maguire there's a Van Dijk. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Yeah but the more we use now the less we can spend in the future.

Really don't think the pitiable commercial/retail revenues of the last regime will continue under the new ownership, so it's a bit early to come to that conclusion.

Just now, Andy said:

From what I gather, aye. Seems fairly justified too given that he's a regular in their team and they have one of the best defensive records in Europe this season. 

Its just seems a little bit weird. Kounde everybody has heard about. This Carlos very few knew anything about before we came in for him.  Not a single game for Brazil either? i know its january but the price is way over the top..

The reported price really doesn't matter.   If it happens it will be for an undisclosed fee.    Some reporters will say its X, some will report its Y.   Twitter will argue about it and then forget and we move onto the next incoming transfer.   Its for the owners to worry about the price. 

Realistically he isn't going to be signed in time for Saturday and we have no other games before the window closes so i'd sit tight on our current offer while simultaneously moving on to other targets.

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

I doubt it, like. Our financial situation is massively different to Everton's, even discounting the wealth of our owners and impending sponsorship deals etc. 

Are you factoring in all the players we are buying seem to be around 30 yrs old? I know it means nothing to our owners, but if we spend £100m on players which just gets wrote off in a couple of years, doesn't that come back to bite us on the arse when FFP rules are applied?