Diego Carlos

Nobody

We first bid for Diego Carlos on the 6th January according to the Athletic. Seems a long time for talks to be going on, usually in this type of situation the deal will get agreed and the player will get the move. 

This is Newcastle though so the above doesn't necessarily apply 

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

Did I read that Carlos was only being paid 975k per year and we offered to triple that?

Not sure what hes currently on only that we offered to triple it.. hes probably on around 30k a week 

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

Did I read that Carlos was only being paid 975k per year and we offered to triple that?

I’ve read that twice now!

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Wasn’t the exact same thing said yesterday?

We've been hearing for the last couple of weeks that we are about to make an offer which their board is rushing to discuss, then the next day Monchi pulls down his pants, bends over and says "kiss this!" I think it's happened about 5 times now.

6 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Sevilla don't have to doubled anything, He signed a contract three years ago, probarly Sevilla improves his salary but nothing like that. 

He can press like every player who tried to press in the past, if you want go to a New club He just have to pay his release clause. 

That easy. 

DC looks for himself and Sevilla too. 

If DC breaks his leg in a million pieces tomorrow we'd have to pay his salary because we signed a contract years ago, when He signed this release clause seems very happy. 

I'm sorry, but the world of transfers, renewals and agents works like that.

"Hey, there is a team that pays more than double for my player and we have decided to stay, but you are going to have to improve our salary considerably because our cache is now that."

It happens every day.

And if Sevilla doesn't do it, 'surprisingly' from next season Diego Carlos' level will decrease.

6 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I'm sorry, but the world of transfers, renewals and agents works like that.

"Hey, there is a team that pays more than double for my player and we have decided to stay, but you are going to have to improve our salary considerably because our cache is now that."

It happens every day.

And if Sevilla doesn't do it, 'surprisingly' from next season Diego Carlos' level will decrease.

Has Kounde doubled his salary? Is his level surprisingly decreased? 

Answer. 

Just now, Trensa said:

Answer. 

I mean, this happens in every walk of life doesn't it?

If I receive offers from competitors in my Industry, I listen to them. If they're substantially better then I go back to my employer and make them aware.

They then have a decision to make whether they wish to keep you and try and match market value or cut their losses and recruit.

Then it just comes down to personal preference/professionalism.

2 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Answer. 

As i told you, different situations. 

Kounde was 22 (last summer) and contract until 2024. He probably will be sell next summer, and and he knows and Sevilla too. And, if Sevilla get to coontinue him next season, Kounde knows he still has more than 10 years of career and with his level he get much better options in the future. 

Diego Carlos is 29 next month and he is in his last option to get the big contract of his career and contract to 2024 too. 

If you are asking me for the level of Kounde, yes. For me, Kounde was better last season. 

10 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

As i told you, different situations. 

Kounde was 22 (last summer) and contract until 2024. He probably will be sell next summer, and and he knows and Sevilla too. And, if Sevilla get to coontinue him next season, Kounde knows he still has more than 10 years of career and with his level he get much better options in the future. 

Diego Carlos is 29 next month and he is in his last option to get the big contract of his career and contract to 2024 too. 

If you are asking me for the level of Kounde, yes. For me, Kounde was better last season. 

Just curious, if you were to stick 5 euros on it, does Carlos move?

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

You can ask me this, but really my opinion here is worth little because I know the same as all of us who are here. Anything.

But what I do believe is that if Newcastle makes the offer that SKY said before (€45M), Diego Carlos will come.

Just now, Thiago said:

Yep, he's unsettled. We are desperate but we have time. The less of it we have the stronger Sevilla's hand will be.

We would need to be in serious negotiations with another player for them to blink first. Doesn't seem the case right now so the way I see it, they will have to pay the money. If he's that good, it could be cheap in the end.

Now the Spanish League stops. Sevilla's next match is in 11 days. It may be that they have stretched the decision to be able to 'reassemble' the team at this end of the market.

The problem for them is that they really only have two centre-backs (Kounde and Diego Carlos). Then there is Rekik, who is the substitute central defender, but who really has a lower level than Diego Carlos and Kounde (and who has also played as a left back).

And then there is Gudelj, who is a midfielder who has had to play as a central defender against the short squad.

In addition, Kounde has been injured for the last few weeks, so they couldn't afford to sell Diego Carlos 10 or 12 days ago because otherwise they would have had to play with a defense made up of Gudelj and either Rekik or a youth player.

I think that in these 5-6 days Diego Carlos can leave, but Sevilla has to sign one (or two) central defenders.