Diego Carlos

Nobody

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

Now the Spanish League stops. Sevilla's next match is in 11 days. It may be that they have stretched the decision to be able to 'reassemble' the team at this end of the market.

The problem for them is that they really only have two centre-backs (Kounde and Diego Carlos). Then there is Rekik, who is the substitute central defender, but who really has a lower level than Diego Carlos and Kounde (and who has also played as a left back).

And then there is Gudelj, who is a midfielder who has had to play as a central defender against the short squad.

In addition, Kounde has been injured for the last few weeks, so they couldn't afford to sell Diego Carlos 10 or 12 days ago because otherwise they would have had to play with a defense made up of Gudelj and either Rekik or a youth player.

I think that in these 5-6 days Diego Carlos can leave, but Sevilla has to sign one (or two) central defenders.

Fair enough 

2 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I think that in these 5-6 days Diego Carlos can leave, but Sevilla has to sign one (or two) central defenders.

That’s perfect then, we’ve got this lad called Clark. Quality player but just feels his time has come to move on now, maybe we can organise some sort of swap deal.

Time wasters, the price has been bumped up several times now, we need to move on, only hope of this deal being done is if Carlos hands in a transfer request and they panic and agree to our last bid. Nearly 3 weeks wasted on high speed goal posts.

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

@Trensa Is a Newcastle and Sevilla fan? Or is just a Sevilla fan in the forum because Diego Carlos Thread?

Trensa, You and me could speak spanish if the mates doesn't matter :D

I'm still convinced he's Monchi, signed up here to jack up the price.

As I said previously, this much money for a 29-year-old that hasn't ever been considered elite is fucking nuts. 

He'd improve us, undoubtedly, but he's not worth paying over the odds for either. 5-10m I can get, but we're talking a mad amount.

5 minutes ago, Thiago said:

As I said previously, this much money for a 29-year-old that hasn't ever been considered elite is fucking nuts. 

He'd improve us, undoubtedly, but he's not worth paying over the odds for either. 5-10m I can get, but we're talking a mad amount.

I think they've priced us out of a deal at this point. Yesterday it was reported that £30m would get him and that seemed close enough to being reasonable, maybe even at a push towards the high £30ms. But going upwards towards £50 - £60m is fucking madness.

Edited by Nine

22 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Simple , fuck them .Even the wealthiest need to watch the pennies, it’s how they have accumulate them . Honestly though it’s all about the future , do it once and they will all have our pants down .

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

I think they've priced us out of a deal at this point. Yesterday it was reported that £30m would get him and that seemed close enough to being reasonable, maybe even at a push towards the high £30ms. But going upwards towards £50 - £60m is fucking madness.

The problem is they're sat between two very different but equally important ambitions. 

This might be their best chance at a title. They sit four points behind a Real Madrid side preparing for a Champions League push next month. It's not unthinkable that a Sevilla side without that could overtake them. When you consider that it's hard to justify them taking anything under the clause because that 70m figure is a game changing sum. 

That said, they are a club run on selling players. This is the biggest offer they're ever likely to receive for Diego Carlos because he's almost 29-year-old and is just now getting major attention. The business textbook would say sell him, especially given how little difference there is in prize money for those top spots. That does remove the point of football, however - winning trophies - but as custodians of the club they have to think short and long term. 

All told, I think they've been unwilling sellers from minute one. If this offer had come in the summer it's different, but they're half way up the mountain now and things have changed. What felt acceptable in the summer now feels like the gambler wishing he'd put more on that horse. He's worth more to them than we feel comfortable paying because there's no promise he would secure us safety.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Tarkowski will still probably cost us a fortune like. We're in a position where we're overpaying regardless, whether it's for average players or great ones as we're clearly only capable of targeting established players.

Tarkowski is for free in Summer. Probably Burnley prefers to get 8-10 millions (And I think this is much) for him right now than nothing in 5 months

Burnley aren't selling Tarkowski to us unless we pay twice or three times what he is worth. He was absolutely immense against Arsenal. 

He could be the difference between them surviving or going down. Depends whether they already have admitted defeat staying up (can't see that). Gamble Tarkowski is a difference maker enough to keep them up and lose out on 10-20m or take the money as relegation insurance and spin the wheel they could still stay up. It would be a true hammer blow to supporters and team morale though if they let him leave now. They still have a chance at staying up. 

2 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

Did I read that Carlos was only being paid 975k per years we offered to triple that?

It was reported that he is on €22,000 a week around €1.14m a year. No idea if net etc. We were probably offering around 60-70k a week I would guess based on current wage structure.

Edited by Schecter

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

you can't expect to receive £30m for jug-eared james when he only has 6 months on his contract 

I don't think they expected to receive £25m for Wood but....It would have been cheaper to buy Burnley and strip it

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

I mean, this happens in every walk of life doesn't it?

If I receive offers from competitors in my Industry, I listen to them. If they're substantially better then I go back to my employer and make them aware.

They then have a decision to make whether they wish to keep you and try and match market value or cut their losses and recruit.

Then it just comes down to personal preference/professionalism.

The key is that we don't have transfer request here, you are free to go whenever, just have to pay the release clause. 

Sometimes this is nice for the player, We sold Kondogbia or Fazio just for 10m cause this was their release clause and, for example, Messi's was 1000m, He could not leave ever without Barca permission. 

You used to Something there that here is different. 

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

As i told you, different situations. 

Kounde was 22 (last summer) and contract until 2024. He probably will be sell next summer, and and he knows and Sevilla too. And, if Sevilla get to coontinue him next season, Kounde knows he still has more than 10 years of career and with his level he get much better options in the future. 

Diego Carlos is 29 next month and he is in his last option to get the big contract of his career and contract to 2024 too. 

If you are asking me for the level of Kounde, yes. For me, Kounde was better last season. 

These theories about sad players who plays under their level cause the club doesn't let go never happen before, this would be against them too. 

Mbappe, Cristiano, or Banega and Alves here before, for example. 

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

You can ask me this, but really my opinion here is worth little because I know the same as all of us who are here. Anything.

But what I do believe is that if Newcastle makes the offer that SKY said before (€45M), Diego Carlos will come.

Again, for 45 is impossible. 

46 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

@Trensa Is a Newcastle and Sevilla fan? Or is just a Sevilla fan in the forum because Diego Carlos thread?

Trensa, You and me could speak spanish if the mates doesn't matter :D

It s ok for me but I respect the rest of mates. 

19 minutes ago, Thiago said:

The problem is they're sat between two very different but equally important ambitions. 

This might be their best chance at a title. They sit four points behind a Real Madrid side preparing for a Champions League push next month. It's not unthinkable that a Sevilla side without that could overtake them. When you consider that it's hard to justify them taking anything under the clause because that 70m figure is a game changing sum. 

That said, they are a club run on selling players. This is the biggest offer they're ever likely to receive for Diego Carlos because he's almost 29-year-old and is just now getting major attention. The business textbook would say sell him, especially given how little difference there is in prize money for those top spots. That does remove the point of football, however - winning trophies - but as custodians of the club they have to think short and long term. 

All told, I think they've been unwilling sellers from minute one. If this offer had come in the summer it's different, but they're half way up the mountain now and things have changed. What felt acceptable in the summer now feels like the gambler wishing he'd put more on that horse. He's worth more to them than we feel comfortable paying because there's no promise he would secure us safety.

You got it sir. Exactly this.