Diego Carlos

Nobody

6 hours ago, hakka said:

Agreed player is up for it, feel for them, but sort of respect Seville for not wanting to lose a crucial player during a potential title race. Not so much for dicking us around though. 

I swear the release clauses in Spain are stupid if you make them too high. Surely players should be negotiating better release levels to relieve this sort of headache.

Shades of the Andy Carroll transfer to Liverpool.

imo if someone here, and I won't name names, but if someone here was comprehensively owned by the Takeover Positivity thread but is now acting as some prophetic doomsday pariah again, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Edited by thomas

18 minutes ago, madras said:

But that means any transfer you try for and dont get is a waste of time.

Yes, exactly. Hindsight is a great thing though. IF they have moved the goal posts then we should have moved on earlier. I guess we will never now. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, elbee909 said:

So what's the takeaway? Never bother doing anything in case you waste time?

Who's said this? :lol: All I'm saying is that judging by the look of it, it seems like it won't happen. Therefore it's annoying considering how much time we have put into it. Because the outcome isn't what we hoped for (assuming it's dead now).

It's not rocket science. Not sure what some of you are on about. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Who's said this? :lol: All I'm saying is that judging by the look of it, it seems like it won't happen. Therefore it's annoying considering how much time we have put into it. Because the outcome isn't what we hoped for (assuming it's dead now).

It's not rocket science. Not sure what some of you are on about. 

Just think "waste of time" is poor terminology.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Just think "waste of time" is poor terminology.

Well English is my 4th language, I'm sure you struggle with your 4th language sometimes too mate. 

Might have been a bad choice of words, I don't know. Thought it was obvious what I meant. What else could I have meant. Didn't know any other way to put it either. 

Anyways, sorry that we've missed out. Instead of using that time on other more available players. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Well English is my 4th language, I'm sure you struggle with your 4th language sometimes too mate. 

Might have been a bad choice of words, I don't know. Thought it was obvious what I meant. What else could I have meant. Didn't know any other way to put it either. 

Anyways, sorry that we've missed out. Instead of using that time on others more available players. 

I struggle in my first language mate. 

21 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Anyways, sorry that we've missed out. Instead of using that time on other more available players. 

Its annoying but it's just a cost of doing business where it's speculative. Some you win, some you don't, and there's no way of knowing for sure without trying (no matter what some would say, it's never 100% sure.)

It's not even obvious that the deal is 100 percent dead, after all...

Edited by elbee909

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Its annoying but it's just a cost of doing business where it's speculative. Some you win, some you don't, and there's no way of knowing for sure without trying (no matter what some would say, it's never 100% sure.)

It's not even obvious that the deal is 100 percent dead, after all...

I've never said that we shouldn't be trying :lol: You just said it yourself, it's annoying. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I've never said that we shouldn't be trying :lol: You just said it yourself, it's annoying. 

"Anyways, sorry that we've missed out. Instead of using that time on others more available players."

I mean it seems a bit like you're saying wasn't worth trying! :)

Anyway, here's hoping Badiashille walks through the doors in the next 48 hrs. 

39 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

So what's the takeaway? Never bother doing anything in case you waste time?

Don't put all your eggs in one basket especially when you've only got a month and its vital you have several baskets with eggs in them.

22 minutes ago, Ikon said:

You're not wrong, to be fair. The back and forth literally was a waste of time if it ends up fruitless; that doesn't mean anyone was at fault, just that in hindsight it's taken up time that could've been used elsewhere, and obviously that justifies some frustration - not at the club, or the player, or even at Sevilla, just at the outcome. 

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Don't put all your eggs in one basket especially when you've only got a month and its vital you have several baskets with eggs in them.

For sure. If they've only been going for one CB then that's silly. But let's not mistake the amount of Carlos media talk as evidence of that.

They're learning the hard way this window and it was always my fear. They're green as grass when it comes to the mechanics of signing players which is why the appointment of someone experienced was vital in Nov/Dec. It's not their fault totally, can fully imagine Sevilla and Lille have been tough to negotiate with but either the deals get done or they don't. And right now they're not. Still time though I suppose. 

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

For sure. If they've only been going for one CB then that's silly. But let's not mistake the amount of Carlos media talk as evidence of that.

To be fair we wasted time trying to get Salako, Jeffers and Zenden and ended up with Ginola, Bellamy and Robert

45 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

To be fair we wasted time trying to get Salako, Jeffers and Zenden and ended up with Ginola, Bellamy and Robert

So you're saying... we should be investing our money in cloning/time machine technology! :)

Just now, Yorkie said:

Never mind, not a big deal providing we secure someone else. The 'waste of time' thing really doesn't matter or even really apply tbh. 

As long was sign someone as good as him then yes I agree, if we rock up with a Nat Philips or a Dan burn for an inflated fee then it will be a yikes. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

As long was sign someone as good as him then yes I agree, if we rock up with a Nat Philips or a Dan burn for an inflated fee then it will be a yikes. 

We definitely won't end up with someone as good as him... 

What's required right now is someone better than what we have. 

When you have limited time and resources it can only have been a waste of both really. Personally I'd prefer to go for someone solid and dependable who'll keep us up, then go for our first target in the summer instead of spending huge amounts on our fourth or fifth target now.