Diego Carlos

Nobody

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Made me think of the Ander Herrera/Man Utd debacle 🙂

For example, 7 years ago. 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I thought Partey & Rodri from Atleti went to City & Arsenal from activated release clauses. Kepa too.

I had assumed release clauses for La Liga players would be a good market for us. Young players that haven't signed 80m+ release clauses.

Sometimes clubes pays release clauses but negotiate a easy way to paid it with the other club, I think this happen with Rodri. 

But you got it. Imagine pay 60/70m in Cash for Kepa, a disaster. 

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Release clauses used to be set at prices the club's thought no-one would ever pay to ensure the club's got a decent price if they did sell. Problem for the Spanish club's is they've not adjusted them and they are no longer out of reach for some club's to afford

I think there is a problem of point of view here. 

Our visión about PL clubs in Spain is that you overpay almost every player that you buy. 

A "decent" price for you is out of any market for, almost, any club of Europe. 

We think you waste your money in a crazy way. 

For example, with the money that City bought Laporte, we signed Ocampos, En Nesyri, Diego Carlos and Kounde. 

Of course in your enviroment sign a player for 60m is a Day in the office but out of there is crazy. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Also it's dependent on when the player signs a contract.

If a player is within the first year or 2 of really breaking out and hasn't renewed his contract, the release clause won't be astronomical vs his value, especially to PL clubs.

I assume there's a lot of good young La Liga talents with sub 60m release clauses.  

The best young player are sign for the Best clubs before their 16.

Ansu Fati was playing for Sevilla and Barcelona made an offer to his father and he went there. 

Ansu made his debut the last year and Barcelona renewed his contract with a release clause of €1000m. 

Of course you could sign young player but It would be more a bet that a sign. 

PD sorry all for my english but I am with my friene omicron playing chess and doesn't help. 

Edited by Trensa

There is an element of overpricing but mainly it's that there is a lot of money here and it's not so much as Chelsea (for example) paying enough to get a selling club let their player go but paying more than Spurs to get them to sell to them.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I remain hopeful my cock will eventually grow a bit bigger, hope is not always based in reality though.

I'll just have to try and live with 10" for now.

3 hours ago, Trensa said:

For example, 7 years ago. 

Sometimes clubes pays release clauses but negotiate a easy way to paid it with the other club, I think this happen with Rodri. 

But you got it. Imagine pay 60/70m in Cash for Kepa, a disaster. 

I think there is a problem of point of view here. 

Our visión about PL clubs in Spain is that you overpay almost every player that you buy. 

A "decent" price for you is out of any market for, almost, any club of Europe. 

We think you waste your money in a crazy way. 

For example, with the money that City bought Laporte, we signed Ocampos, En Nesyri, Diego Carlos and Kounde. 

Of course in your enviroment sign a player for 60m is a Day in the office but out of there is crazy. 

The best young player are sign for the Best clubs before their 16.

Ansu Fati was playing for Sevilla and Barcelona made an offer to his father and he went there. 

Ansu made his debut the last year and Barcelona renewed his contract with a release clause of €1000m. 

Of course you could sign young player but It would be more a bet that a sign. 

PD sorry all for my english but I am with my friene omicron playing chess and doesn't help. 

By that logic you would sell Carlos, congratulate yourselves on getting way too much money, then go out and buy three replacement players with the proceeds. 

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

By that logic you would sell Carlos, congratulate yourselves on getting way too much money, then go out and buy three replacement players with the proceeds. 

Not now. One week of market and fighting league and UEL. 

It is an absolutly different situation. We love win thropies, not financial balances. 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Think your posts are fantastic tbh, great insight :thup:

Agree @Trensawe've always liked to hear from fans of other clubs on here, especially with well informed views like yours.

Your English isn't any worse than a lot of natives,  plus grammar nazi nunero uno @Daveisn't around anymore anyway, so don't even worry about your English :lol:

19 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

@TrensaWhat are your thoughts on the Newcastle takeover?  I am interested in what people think across the continent in terms of what they think will happen medium to long term.

Actually we have an internal fight between the two families of shareholders. One of them tried to sell their shares to an american group and the fans get so angry and they stopped the operation. 

We want the control of our club with shareholders from here, not a foreign group. 

I understand that a lot of Newcastle fans are very happy with the adquisition because they have the example of City or PSG but losing control of your own club is dangerous too. 

Maybe in 5 years you are the team to beat in Europe or maybe the New owners get bored and your situation is far worse than the previous one. 

34 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Not now. One week of market and fighting league and UEL. 

It is an absolutly different situation. We love win thropies, not financial balances. 

I get it. You will sell, but only when it suits you, even if it means you might lose a few £million. Sensible really. 

29 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Actually we have an internal fight between the two families of shareholders. One of them tried to sell their shares to an american group and the fans get so angry and they stopped the operation. 

We want the control of our club with shareholders from here, not a foreign group. 

I understand that a lot of Newcastle fans are very happy with the adquisition because they have the example of City or PSG but losing control of your own club is dangerous too

Maybe in 5 years you are the team to beat in Europe or maybe the New owners get bored and your situation is far worse than the previous one. 

We haven't had control of our club for awhile. Baron Harkonnen was the diametric opposite of fan control.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

My only problem with Hurley is that she would insist on her son being there taking pictures.

id live with that though, even if he wanted to use my arsehole to set his camera on. Maybe

Young Damian strikes me as immensely creepy. Wouldn’t like him standing by the side of the bed whilst you were bucking Liz.

1 hour ago, Trensa said:

I understand that a lot of Newcastle fans are very happy with the adquisition because they have the example of City or PSG but losing control of your own club is dangerous too. 

You've never heard of Mike Ashley then Pal

6 hours ago, Trensa said:

We used to say about the rich owners getting bored but City and Chelseas owners have been around a fair bit now.

9 hours ago, madras said:

We used to say about the rich owners getting bored but City and Chelseas owners have been around a fair bit now.

Here in Spain we have a few differents examples, take a look to the Valencia or Málaga examples. 

Both clubs bought for an Indonesian rich guy (Peter Lim, Valencia) and an Emir, relative of the PSG owner (Al Thani, Málaga). 

They started like an huracan, buying a few great players, spending money, a couple of great seasons and, suddenly, they changed their minds, get bored of football bussines but with no intentions of sell the club until they have recovered the last penny. 

Valencia is in selfdestructive mode and Málaga in 2nd league and almost dissapper two times in 5 years. 

21 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Here in Spain we have a few differents examples, take a look to the Valencia or Málaga examples. 

Both clubs bought for an Indonesian rich guy (Peter Lim, Valencia) and an Emir, relative of the PSG owner (Al Thani, Málaga). 

They started like an huracan, buying a few great players, spending money, a couple of great seasons and, suddenly, they changed their minds, get bored of football bussines but with no intentions of sell the club until they have recovered the last penny. 

Valencia is in selfdestructive mode and Málaga in 2nd league and almost dissapper two times in 5 years. 

Slight difference between "Indonesian rich guy" and PIF though. Our owners could lose £10bn and not even blink.