Diego Carlos

Nobody

37 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't have any issues with most of what he said, but the last line struck me as a bit petty:

"maybe He values more his sport performance than the financial"

Then why has he asked for a move to Newcastle? 

For example, He is in negotiation for a better contract with us and He could be using you to get it. 

It is not the first time that a player makes this. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think any of the sources are reputable, but he seems to have got a fair few things right 

I don't think he has got much right that wasn't confirmed before by someone more reputable.

I think he's got quite a lot wrong as well, pretty sure he was one of the ones who said Fonseca to us was done(that feels like a lifetime ago looking back[emoji38]). 

He seems to jump on rumours reported by others and get fans attention basically by saying it's one step closer than the rumour. Same as that Rudy galletti (chicken emoji guy) and pablo alameda (uses flag emojis and green ticks to make his tweets stand out).

The trustworthy guys (from my perception) are:

Hope - seems to have a line to the club

Luke Edwards - seems to have a line to the club

Fabrizio Romano - He's a big name because he doesn't get anything wrong. He doesn't seem to have any contacts in the club but pretty sure he has direct lines to all the agents. Hence why he was the first one to say there was no way digne would come to us.

David Ornstein and the athletic guys - seem to generally be very reliable.

Downie and Graves - usually a bit later to report things but what they report is usually confirmed and accurate.

Dimarzio - anything he says about any players in italy will be accurate.

Probably missing a few but these are the only ones I really pay attention to. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Or they're calling out what they believe is unreasonable criticism?

Using the logic of the club are trying and pushing but ultimately failing (so far) to obtain a player in the position we most need.

Using that same logic, if come the end of the window we haven't signed a CB we shouldn't critisce them because it won't be through lack of trying.

Effort alone isn't always enough (see half of our first 11).

Just to add, I'm of the opinion the new ownership are doing a good job in difficult circumstances. I just think the CB pursuit has been a bit of a mess and a prolonged one at that.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Even before that with the Bruce non sacking before Spurs.

This person is making it incredibly hard to trust anything the club says. Getting over excited once sure. Consistently doing it just comes as sheer incompetentence. 

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Using the logic of the club are trying and pushing but ultimately failing (so far) to obtain a player in the position we most need.

Using that same logic, if come the end of the window we haven't signed a CB we shouldn't critisce them because it won't be through lack of trying.

Not at all. If we come to February and we haven't signed a centre back, the recruitment process (and the owners) will rightfully be criticised.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not at all. If we come to February and we haven't signed a centre back, the recruitment process (and the owners) will rightfully be criticised.

But they'll have tried their best though.

So you're saying it's not ok to ask questions at 3 weeks (where we'll have played 2 huge games vs Watford and Leeds) but it is ok to ask questions at 4 weeks?

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

To championship/foreign non elite players though? I keep bringing up Watford but they are getting players in

Yeah I think that bracket some will come, some might not. Botman and Carlos clearly fancy it, but Digne did not. What I’m trying to say, is just agreeing that from footballing perspective, we aren’t a prospect, and it’s absolutely fine to say that these guys are basically only coming for cash. I mean, footballing wise, staying a Sevilla is a no brainer really, it’s just that we have cash. I don’t think any player is pushing to come to us for any other reason.

On a side note, it appears like the difficulty getting deals done again goes back to what we already knew. The club has been fucked by Ashley. No scouting or recruitment network and no competent or experienced  DOF/CE in place to complete these deals. Contacts are everything and we got none.

39 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

The lad sounds like he looks down on NUFC as not worthy, dont know why you engage with him some much, but each to their own.

That's not my point. Of course NUFC is a great and historical team but I am talking about your current moment. 

We are going to CL 4 times in a row, we won (DC too) a UEL a couple of years ago and we are not leaders of La Liga for 5/6 p. 

I have no doubts that you ll make better in the futures seasons. 

35 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

English isn't his first language and to be honest Sevilla are a million times a better prospect than Newcastle right now. I don't know why people get so offended by the idea that a player might turn us down, a lot have already [emoji38]

I don't want to offense anyone, I just trying to explain the situation with DC and why we are tough in transfers Windows. 

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

But they'll have tried their best though.

So you're saying it's not ok to ask questions at 3 weeks (where we'll have played 2 huge games vs Watford and Leeds) but it is ok to ask questions at 4 weeks?

It's not that, it's that large transfer deals aren't as simple as 'pay up or move on'. If it takes a week longer to get our number one target in, I'm all for that.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It's not that, it's that large transfer deals aren't as simple as 'pay up or move on'. If it takes a week longer to get our number one target in, I'm all for that.

I agree on this.

But Botman was our number 1 target and we spent 2 weeks on him and failed.

We now appear to have spent the best part of 2 weeks on Carlos and on the face of it progress appears slow and as a result we'll likely play 2 winnable games with no new CB and we've dropped 2 points in the first of those winnable games.

It's not great is all I'm saying.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

I agree on this.

We now appear to have spent the best part of 2 weeks on Carlos and on the face of it progress appears slow and as a result we'll likely play 2 winnable games with no new CB and we've dropped 2 points in the first of those winnable games.

What's to say we don't have back ups waiting to go though? It's all totally guesswork until we see how it plays out.

I'd have liked new players quicker than we have, but it appears the recruitment team have their targets and are willing to play the long game for them. If they land their preferred players and they're transformative we'll be praising them, if they don't and we don't strengthen, they'll be criticised. 

7 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I agree on this.

But what part of that do you think is our fault? You can't just say 'pay what they want' because it isn't as simple as that. Lille moved the goalposts a number of times apparently. You can't just say well £70 million will get him so pay that because this isn't football manager and spending that much does still have repercussions. 

24 minutes ago, Trensa said:

For example, He is in negotiation for a better contract with us and He could be using you to get it. 

It is not the first time that a player makes this. 

So then your claim that sports performance was valued more than financial was incorrect, do you agree? That was the only part of your post which I disagreed with, I don't mind anyone saying Sevilla are far ahead of us as a football club. For now anyway. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

What's to say we don't have back ups waiting to go though? It's all totally guesswork until we see how it plays out.

I'd have liked new players quicker than we have, but it appears the recruitment team have their targets and are willing to play the long game for them. If they land their preferred players and they're transformative we'll be praising them, if they don't and we don't strengthen, they'll be criticised. 

If we were mid-table i'd share your thought process but we're not. 

Instead we're dropping points left, right and center because our defence is awful and we're running out of games.

We wasted 2 weeks on Botman and appear to be doing the same on Carlos.

If they land their preferred targets but they only play 15 games instead of 19 and we go down they've messed up.

I'll reiterate, I believe the new ownership to be doing a good job on the whole. I just think they've botched the CB hunt.

If we were mid-table i'd share your thought process but we're not. 

Instead we're dropping points left, right and center because our defence is awful and we're running out of games.

We wasted 2 weeks on Botman and appear to be doing the same on Carlos.

If they land their preferred targets but they only play 15 games instead of 19 and we go down they've messed up.

I'll reiterate, I believe the new ownership to be doing a good job on the whole. I just think they've botched the CB hunt.

Nah. If there was any chance of lining up Botman and Carlos together, I would definitely have tried everything possible to make it happen. It's 2 games man, we could easily have lost them regardless of who we sign. 

6 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

But what part of that do you think is our fault? You can't just say 'pay what they want' because it isn't as simple as that. Lille moved the goalposts a number of times apparently. You can't just say well £70 million will get him so pay that because this isn't football manager and spending that much does still have repercussions. 

The bit where we targeted a player out of our price range and then subsequently targeted another player in Carlos where we have similar issues which are also delaying/preventing the deal.

4 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

The bit where we targeted a player out of our price range and then subsequently targeted another player in Carlos where we have similar issues which are also delaying/preventing the deal.

Don't think it was that simple tbf. Looks like we thought we could get Botman, he wanted to come but they kept moving the goalposts after we were led to believe they'd be willing to sell at a price we thought was acceptable. Don't really see what else they could do without seeing into the future. 

Edited by TheHoob

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nah. If there was any chance of lining up Botman and Carlos together, I would definitely have tried everything possible to make it happen. It's 2 games man, we could easily have lost them regardless of who we sign. 

Either they're so good you'd try everything to make it happen or they're not good enough to make a difference against Watford and Leeds.

You can't have it both ways.

If Sevilla are moving the goal posts - don’t waste time agreeing personal terms 

once the fee has been agreed , the easy part should be agreeing personal terms (if everything is to be believed and we are offering fantastic wages) ??

Yes sound the player out ? But it appears Sevilla are doing the same as every other club (adding on 5 million , every few days) 

With a team as poor as our team, I'm surprised we haven't had more deals lined up at the beginning of the month. We haven't got the luxury of time and every point is so important now. 

Yes, it is a difficult month to buy top players but not to upgrade on our team. 

Either they're so good you'd try everything to make it happen or they're not good enough to make a difference against Watford and Leeds.

Well even if they are the best players in the world, there's nothing to say they will settle into English football in the first game. You can't guarantee they are going to lock out a clean sheet no matter how good they are. 

...but again how do we know they didn't try everything to make it happen?

If we pick up Carlos and a couple of others we've been waiting it'll be worth it in the long run. 

5 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

He wasn't out of our price range though. We were led to believe Lille would sell. It's really not our fault the selling club changed their mind. You seem to have an expectation that every transfer can be done in a few days when that really isn't the case in January and especially not for a club in our position.