Diego Carlos

Nobody

My worry is that our transfer team are getting all the right noises from the players, without getting the right messages from the selling club.

I want us to be as confident in us doing the deal, as we are in the player willing to join.

1 minute ago, STM said:

My worry is that our transfer team are getting all the right noises from the players, without getting the right messages from the selling club.

I want us to be as confident in us doing the deal, as we are in the player willing to join.

Didn't do any harm with the Wood deal! (if you believe it was the chairman who sanctioned the deal)

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Didn't do any harm with the Wood deal! (if you believe it was the chairman who sanctioned the deal)

Release clause made negotiations redundant. Of course the player would want the move. :lol:

Just now, STM said:

Release clause made negotiations redundant. Of course the player would want the move. :lol:

Hence my bit in brackets. Some journos saying we didn't activate the release clause, other journos saying we did.

If we didn't activate the release clause, we managed to get Wood despite not getting the right noises from the selling club as you said.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Imagine having Carlos and Trippier on the right hand side of the defence and Clark and Ritchie on the left.

Clark should never play for us again and I don't mean that to be a cunt, just that we should make sure of his exit.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

It's January, we're asking clubs to sell their starting players without much time to get replacements in. Clubs are not likely to be responsive to it generally imo. It'll take over the odds cash, or finding players clubs want rid of, or a longer conversation about the player moving in Jan for the selling club to be prepared.

Its literally the worst time to do a rebuilding job.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It's January, we're asking clubs to sell their starting players without much time to get replacements in. Clubs are not likely to be responsive to it generally imo. It'll take over the ofdds cash, or finding players clubs want rid of, or a longer conversation about the player moving in Jan for the selling club to be prepared.

This. People need to realise that the media are paid for their ability to retain interest in a story. Every transfer, right now, is dependent on the selling team's ability to find a replacement. It's like buying a house.

Lille might be more than happy to do a deal at a price that only us and them know. But they aren't going to leave themselves short.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It's January, we're asking clubs to sell their starting players without much time to get replacements in. Clubs are not likely to be responsive to it generally imo. It'll take over the odds cash, or finding players clubs want rid of, or a longer conversation about the player moving in Jan for the selling club to be prepared.

Yep. Plus this one has been further complicated by their other CB getting injured since our first offer. I don't know Kounde's age, but with Carlos being 28 it could work in our favour I suppose, they would probably rather get rid of the older one to maximise the fee while they can. 

£30m or so would be a decent price for this guy. In the prime age bracket, guaranteed starter for his club and has Champs/Europa League experience. Seems a no brainer, if only we weren't struggling at the foot of the table.

If taken on face value we bid 25m, they said 35m so we came back with 28m? Thats like my shite housing on fifa manager mode. We will end up paying 35 or the avatar of a fake Sevilla boss throwing his hands in the air, looking angry and storming out of the room lol 

Fingers crossed on this one. He reportedly wants to come, looks like a no nonsense, vocal leader which is what we need. Seems built for the PL. Rapid too. 

Edited by toontownman

Just now, toontownman said:

If taken on face value we bid 25m, they said 35m so we came back with 28m? Thats like my shite housing on fifa manager mode. We will end up paying 35 lol 

Fingers crossed on this one. He reportedly wants to come, looks like a no nonsense, vocal leader which is what we need. Seems built for the PL. Rapid too. 

I read it as they want €35 million and we've bid £28 million (around €33 million). 

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If taken on face value we bid 25m, they said 35m so we came back with 28m? Thats like my shite housing on fifa manager mode. We will end up paying 35 lol 

Sounds ripe for a nice meeting in the middle at £30m to me. Easy!

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Wonder if we can go in with the indication that we need the deal done before the Watford game and therefore this is the most they'll get out of us.

Doubt that will make any difference now.  No way will be here and signed by tomorrow, which he would have to be. 

21 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Hence why it's been frustrating seeing people on this board say things like "why didn't we get this deal done before January?" "just pay more!" 

If it was that simple everyone would be doing that. 

Again, I am very suspicious.   How would Mr Crook get to know that we have put a bid in today and also the price we have gone in with?  When things break like this I want to ignore.  Its only when things break like the Wood story that he was on his way for medical/fee agreed, that seem to have any substance.  Unless Mr Crook has hacked NUFC email's

3 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Doubt that will make any difference now.  No way will be here and signed by tomorrow, which he would have to be. 

Wouldn't throw him into that game anyway. It is too important, we have to go with those that have prepared for it.

Wasnt Edwards comment about having a defender in before Watford but not necessarily meaning in and registered to play. Not that we believe Edwards very often.