Diego Carlos

Nobody

I'd continue to reject every bid if I were them, the price is only going one way and the longer they string it out the more they'll get. They know it, we know it. The only way this situation is resolved is if we ask them to name a silly price then match it or he hands in a transfer request, and even then they could dig their heels in and turn down the bid. 

They're under no obligation to say yes because it benefits us, they hold all of the cards, we just need to decide how much we want him and either pay it or walk away but it can't go on for another week.  

2 minutes ago, midds said:

I'd continue to reject every bid if I were them, the price is only going one way and the longer they string it out the more they'll get. They know it, we know it. The only way this situation is resolved is if we ask them to name a silly price then match it or he hands in a transfer request, and even then they could dig their heels in and turn down the bid. 

They're under no obligation to say yes because it benefits us, they hold all of the cards, we just need to decide how much we want him and either pay it or walk away but it can't go on for another week.  

unless we move on to someone else and they get nothing? 

3 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

unless we move on to someone else and they get nothing? 

I get the impression they're more than happy to keep him and under no pressure to sell him? Plus if there's always the chance another club gets involved to keep the price (if they choose to cash in) heading North. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

I get the impression they're more than happy to keep him and under no pressure to sell him? Plus if there's always the chance another club gets involved to keep the price (if they choose to cash in) heading North. 

I guess that’s the point of finding the sweet spot for both of us, I don’t get the impression they’re as resistant as Lille (could be wrong) but feels like at 28, could be a deal to be done, it’s a lot of cash being offered. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Thanks for the insight and welcome. Do you rate him that highly? 

Kounde is very good player but because He plays beside DC too. People would be very angry if we sell him below 50m.

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Good. Shows Trensa up to be a liar.

Will see. 

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

Thanks, you're in luck as we have a striker here called Gayle that we rate at €50M, so looks like a straight swap is on the cards.    You are very welcome!

We have an UEL MVP Luuk De Jong, we could sell to you for 50m too. 

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Always nice to have fans of other clubs give opinion on their players :thup:

Like others have asked, how highly do Seville fans rate him? 

Very highly. I don't see a sell right now. 

1 hour ago, midds said:

This is why we are slinging in various £30m bids in a few different directions, if these clubs have any temptation to cash in, they might just worry that they'll miss the boat if another club decides to cash in on their depreciating 28yr old asset. 

Guest carpetman1
45 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

No credible sources saying its been knocked back yet?

Who says there's been a credible source to say it was on?

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is why we are slinging in various £30m bids in a few different directions, if these clubs have any temptation to cash in, they might just worry that they'll miss the boat if another club decides to cash in on their depreciating 28yr old asset. 

Exactly. The best leverage we have is that we have a half dozen bids in at various places and someone may blink and take the money before you do.

All the UK news still breaking the 2nd bid. I guess they have to all agree, out of prosperity for their reputations, to wait a day so they don't all look more stupid if the reports it has been rejected that came out before they broke the bid are true. 

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

That is really surprising that in this day and age valuations aren’t done on a more scientific basis

I’m sure some clever Moneyball shite will already have developed an algorithm.

10 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Also says Carlos has most minutes of any player this season, has an 80m release clause and will never be sold 

I mean, by the sounds of it he very much could be sold, at 80m.

Seems like a no-go this one atm. Right player wrong time for us.