Diego Carlos

Nobody

Carlos was said to be amazed at the offer we put to him to triple his wages. I wonder why we went in so big straight away? I mean he'd probably have been over the moon if we doubled them. 

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Be a huge boost to get a CD in. Huge.

Question is though - who partners him.

Dummett with Lewis at LB.

Dummett and Trippier are both good talkers and could talk Carlos and Lewis through games, plus we'd have pace right across the back line.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

You'd think Fede with them both being able to speak Spanish?

Fede should come straight back in anyway when he's fit, he's not as fragile mentally as Lascelles, and I don't really think Schar cares enough. 

Theres probably an argument for Lascelles, Schar and Fede to be the partner tbh.

Lascelles simply because hes captain. Schar because his ball playing ability might compliment Carlos's shithousery. Fede because hes got a bit of both.

Howe will probably stick with Lascelles.

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Theres probably an argument for Lascelles, Schar and Fede to be the partner tbh.

Lascelles simply because hes captain. Schar because his ball playing ability might compliment Carlos's shithousery. Fede because hes got a bit of both.

Howe will probably stick with Lascelles.

No argument to keep Lascelles in there for me, his performances have been a disgrace and has zero leadership qualities, drop him

and make Trippier captain.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

No argument to keep Lascelles in there for me, his performances have been a disgrace and has zero leadership qualities, drop him

and make Trippier captain.

Easier said than done. Stripping Lascelles of captain might cause ructions in the squad and we dont know what, if any, promises Howe made to Lascelles about his captaincy. Last thing we need at the moment is a divided dressing room on top of all our other problems.

I think Lascelles does have leadership skills, hes demonstrated them many times before, but yes, hes poor at the moment and needs to step up in terms of how he performs as a defender and as captain.

I dont know, maybe Howe can persuade him to voluntarily give it to Trippier for the 'greater good'.

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

Zero chance Lascelles is dropped unless we get two CBs in this window.  Howe won’t drop him

Howe can't drop him now due to the lack of options. His intent was always to get two CBs in. If we can do that, there's every chance Lascelles drops to the bench.

Hard to see Lascelles being stripped of captaincy, given situation we are in with players worrying about their futures and the impending influx of new/better players it would almost certainly cause some sort of blow back from rest of squad - especially if given to a relative newcomer in Trippier (even if Trippier is better suited to it).

Lascelles is still doing his best but he's just shit these days, not like the situation with PEA at Arsenal where he was also playing like shit but his general attitude also merited getting stripped of captaincy and dropped.

I'd be inclined to put him in a back three along with Schar and Lascelles. Trippier and Ritchie (meh) as wing backs. A new midfielder behind Shelvey and Joelinton. Saint-Maximin in a free role and Wood (meh) up top. 

1 minute ago, Dandy Man said:

Hard to see Lascelles being stripped of captaincy, given situation we are in with players worrying about their futures and the impending influx of new/better players it would almost certainly cause some sort of blow back from rest of squad - especially if given to a relative newcomer in Trippier (even if Trippier is better suited to it).

Lascelles is still doing his best but he's just shit these days, not like the situation with PEA at Arsenal where he was also playing like shit but his general attitude also merited getting stripped of captaincy and dropped.

Agree. He had a poor game in general on Saturday, but it was noticeable he was the one who ended up challenging two players on their goal while others were stood around watching. He's not that different from Clark tbh, neither of them lack for effort, they just aren't good enough.