Diego Carlos

Nobody

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The lad has already said Sevilla are well versed in this sort of situation and have dealt with it fine - giving loads of examples. I doubt we know better. 

The lad sounds like he looks down on NUFC as not worthy, dont know why you engage with him some much, but each to their own.

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

The lad sounds like he looks down on NUFC as not worthy, dont know why you engage with him some much, but each to their own.

English isn't his first language and to be honest Sevilla are a million times a better prospect than Newcastle right now. I don't know why people get so offended by the idea that a player might turn us down, a lot have already [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Eh? He's been perfectly reasonable.

Doesn't sound like this is going to happen in time for the weekend.

If we don't have a new CB in by the time Saturday comes around it'll be a failure of the hierarchy given it's our priority position and we'll be 3 weeks in to the window.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

Just now, jonny1403 said:

English isn't his first language and to be honest Sevilla are a million times a better prospect than Newcastle right now. I don't know why people get so offended by the idea that a player might turn us down, a lot have already [emoji38]

as I said each to their own -Carlos has stated he wants to come.  Im not offending if he doesn't come in the end, just find Trensa comments condescending, that's my opinion.

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

as I said each to their own -Carlos has stated he wants to come.  Im not offending if he doesn't come in the end, just find Trensa comments condescending, that's my opinion.

And, with the due respect because this is your home and I am a tourist. 

Today there is not color, talking about sport performance, between you and us. Tomorrow maybe It is different but not Today. 

Not sure what of the above you feel is condescending. He's just pointing out the objective fact that Sevilla are La Liga challengers and we are horrific right now. Of course money talks but he isn't saying it won't. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

If we don't have a new CB in by the time Saturday comes around it'll be a failure of the hierarchy given it's our priority position and we'll be 3 weeks in to the window.

He'll need a visa as well.

I agree with him tbh, as far as football goes Sevilla might as well be Barcelona when compared to Newcastle.

Unfortunately selling clubs hold all the cards and we literally only have mountains of cash. It'll work for some, and others won't even entertain us.

The moving for money thing is even more tiring considering we are apparently going out of our way to make sure that we don't just hoy loads of money at players, Trippier being on less than 100k p/w is pretty sensible in football terms. 

Are Coutinho and Digne playing for buttons at Villa? They'll probably both be on more than we'd want to be paying at the minute but nothing gets said. 

16 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

How is it a failure? We can’t force clubs to give us their players :lol:

14 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I think it’s more a failure of fans similar to yourself not understanding how this window was always going to play out. If they weren’t trying and pushing I’d agree but they are doing both.

Just now, LFEE said:

I think it’s more a failure of fans similar to yourself not understanding how this window was always going to play out. If they weren’t trying and pushing I’d agree but they are doing both.

Absolutely 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Or, they could target players that are readily available for the money they're willing to pay. They know the fee for Carlos, either pay it or move on.

Some sensitive souls on here the moment the smallest criticism of the new ownership is mentioned.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Or, they could target players that are readily available for the money they're willing to pay. They know the fee for Carlos, either pay it or move on.

Some sensitive souls on here the moment the smallest criticism of the new ownership is mentioned.

Or they're calling out what they believe is unreasonable criticism?

17 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I agree with him tbh, as far as football goes Sevilla might as well be Barcelona when compared to Newcastle.

Unfortunately selling clubs hold all the cards and we literally only have mountains of cash. It'll work for some, and others won't even entertain us.

100%. What people seem to miss time and time again, is that outside of Newcastle - at this moment in time - we are an ugly prospect. Aside from a bucket of cash, we aren’t exactly a wonderful prospect to foreign players. If we start making moves, if we stay up, if we can build our brand, that will change, but right now we’re a rich club with a big ground that play in the EPL. That’s it.

Guest neesy111
Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Someone on our side is consistently leaking and saying its all great when it's not. This person has been doing it since Emery and has still not been stopped from doing it yet. 

Even before that with the Bruce non sacking before Spurs.