Diego Carlos

Nobody

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

'They want how much? €50 million? Christ.'

'...and Newcastle have bid €35 million?'

'Sevilla told them to get fucked, aye.'

'I tell you what, tell them we'll bid €35 million, that should do it.'

The other club is NUFC under Ashley 

Well that's that then, definitely can't see him being in for the Leeds game.

Really is a shame to have gotten to the 20th with just 2 signings in.

We needed 1 or 2 more to win that Watford game and we'll need the same to win the Leeds game. Opportunity missed but not for the lack of trying as is evident.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Completely and utterly bored of this now. 

Yep. Although I think it still might happen, it would almost be a relief to move onto someone else now.

6 hours ago, Awaymag said:

The lad sounds like he looks down on NUFC as not worthy, dont know why you engage with him some much, but each to their own.

Newcastle aren't worthy, we are piss poor abomination of a club and have been for most of our existence, since the Fairs Cup win anyhow. We were interesting under Keegan and Robson but still won fuck all.

8 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle aren't worthy, we are piss poor abomination of a club and have been for most of our existence, since the Fairs Cup win anyhow. We were interesting under Keegan and Robson but still won fuck all.

Thats the spirit!

I think we can all admit we are and have been a terrible under performing club for the best part of 50 years with a couple of good seasons under Keegan and Robson that were enjoyable. How many clubs have won something since we last did? 

11 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

You should just log out and watch East Enders or something, nothing to see here since Ashley left. See ya, don't look back. 

Sevilla throwing the pans, the pots, and the sink to try and get the fee they want. I think they want to do the deal after crashing out of the Champions League, but they also don't want to feel like they undersold a player with a hefty release clause to a club that has more money than anyone else in the world. 

I do hope in time our business becomes a bit more clandestine in nature, but for now I sense every conversation will be done via megaphone.

The club under Keegan and Robson was absolutely brilliant and a wonderful thing to be a part of.  Can't imagine thinking that those days were piss poor or that the club was pointless simply because a trophy wasn't won.

Obviously it'll always be a major disappointment to me that we didn't win a trophy in those periods.  But I still loved being a fan of the club back then and that's what Footballs about.

Am I being really stupid or when contacting clubs say “we will offer X amount” - “No we want Y or close to Y” “How about Z” “Z + few add ons” why does it take so long to agree a fee surely the person at the club who sanctions the transfers just tells them we will start with X but the max we go is Z if not move on all can be done in a day surely or am I being really silly. 

9 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Am I being really stupid or when contacting clubs say “we will offer X amount” - “No we want Y or close to Y” “How about Z” “Z + few add ons” why does it take so long to agree a fee surely the person at the club who sanctions the transfers just tells them we will start with X but the max we go is Z if not move on all can be done in a day surely or am I being really silly. 

You forget that after sentence of the discussion, they have to break for 1 hour so they can brief the Twittersphere with what is happening!

In all seriousness I agree though.  Its just a bizarre world, which we dont understand.  Why days and days and days of getting closer.    What is there to talk about part from price and structure of payment with the selling club.

15 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

It does work like that if you're buying from willing sellers. Sevilla have no interest in selling and are probably irritated that we've unsettled their player, I doubt they're in any hurry to discuss. 

36 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I think we can all admit we are and have been a terrible under performing club for the best part of 50 years with a couple of good seasons under Keegan and Robson that were enjoyable. How many clubs have won something since we last did? 

Something stupid like 30 or 40 clubs.

Just now, STM said:

Kaveh saying we have put in another bid for him. Assuming what I was watching was live and not a re run.

Is that after the final bid we put in for him this morning?

30 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Have always wondered how they go down like [emoji38] are there any negotiations in those City/Spurs documentaries? Only footage I've seen is of the Mackems getting their pants pulled down on deadline day on the Netflix one.