Diego Carlos

Nobody

I think for the price we are being quoted they ought to look at someone a couple of years younger at the max, so no older than 26 really.

I really like Demiral and Milenkovic who are both major talents we have also been linked with and would be worth paying around the fee we are being quoted for Carlos because they are younger.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I think for the price we are being quoted they ought to look at someone a couple of years younger at the max, so no older than 26 really.

I really like Demiral and Milenkovic who are both major talents we have also been linked with and would be worth paying around the fee we are being quoted for Carlos because they are younger.

We might be trying to land a Jean Paul Gaultier sponsorship or something.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Is this guy really worth all of this effort and money?! My goodness. Surely there must be other centre backs out there that are comparable. This is mad.

I think the board are probably feeling the squeeze a bit now. They know this one is close and that we need someone in by the weekend, I think they'd prefer to push this through than start over with some other player. Everyone we go for is going to require effort and money unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Plus Uduokhai, Szalai, Schlotterbeck, Badiashile, Senesi, Bremer etc etc…

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Something stupid like 30 or 40 clubs.

Newcastle last won a trophy in June 1969, the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. So many teams in English football which have won a major trophy - the league, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup/Champions League, Cup Winners Cup, Uefa Cup/Europa League - since then.

Here's the full list.

English teams to have a won a major trophy since Newcastle

Sunderland

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Southampton

Stoke City

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Derby

Coventry

Norwich

Aston Villa

Wigan

Luton

Wimbledon

Nottingham Forest

Oxford

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Swansea

Tottenham Hotspur

Birmingham

Blackburn

Chelsea

Ipswich

Leeds

Leicester

Liverpool

Manchester United

Everton

Arsenal

Manchester City

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle last won a trophy in June 1969, the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. So many teams in English football which have won a major trophy - the league, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup/Champions League, Cup Winners Cup, Uefa Cup/Europa League - since then.

Here's the full list.

English teams to have a won a major trophy since Newcastle

Sunderland

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Southampton

Stoke City

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Derby

Coventry

Norwich

Aston Villa

Wigan

Luton

Wimbledon

Nottingham Forest

Oxford

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Swansea

Tottenham Hotspur

Birmingham

Blackburn

Chelsea

Ipswich

Leeds

Leicester

Liverpool

Manchester United

Everton

Arsenal

Manchester City

and yet we still turn up, still support. Pretty amazing really.

It doesn't give me any pleasure in any of this, it's extremely disappointing that we have been such an unsuccessful basket case of a club for pretty much all my lifetime, I'm 65 now. The new owners are the last chance for lots of us who have followed NUFC for so long to finally get it right and just win something.

I'll be amazed if this happens. In fact every single club is coming in with massive demands: in summary I would be more likely to go for players that have a) a release clause that is not crazy or b) champo level players on the rise.

2 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

It seems we're happy to be strung along by Sevilla, and will end up missing out on others by being too focused on this guy. 

Is he even worth €40m? 

OR... this is all just playing out in public, and we're also working on lots of other opportunities. Remarkable how many people think everything written in the press is gospel.

We probably need to move on from this one if can't get to a fee in next few days. The £50 million they want or whatever it is for a 28 year old is a lot really. I know he may have 4 or 5 years left at peak but still seems high