Diego Carlos

Nobody

4 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Fuck me, the amount of deals we're apparently 'working on'... Either they've left it dangerously late to start negotiating or there's some weapons grade media bollocks flying about.

Possible, also possible these teams are stringing them along to get 50-70M. 

16 minutes ago, Trensa said:

It is a meme tweet but this is DC talking after the game last night. 

-Diego, Do you stay in Sevilla this window (winter)? 

-I'll be here for a long time. 

I've seen another translation where it's translated as "I have a lot of time left here". If it's more along the lines of this it could be a reference to the time left on his contract.

Either way, him playing yesterday hardly screams a deal is close as has been reported media wide.

Their assistant manager also said he expects him to stay for the remainder of the season.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

Got to say, although I would like this guy in as an alternative to any players we have now, I do have a feeling (just based on the little highlights I have seen) that we could do a lot better with the money and that he would struggle to adjust to this league.

42 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I've seen another translation where it's translated as "I have a lot of time left here". If it's more along the lines of this it could be a reference to the time left on his contract.

Either way, him playing yesterday hardly screams a deal is close as has been reported media wide.

Their assistant manager also said he expects him to stay for the remainder of the season.

He has contract until 24.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Haha... how long have we wasted on this deal? Fuck me. Worrying. Tick tock...

Don't say it too loudly because people don't like it but it doesn't reflect well on the ownership. Spent 3 weeks chasing Botman and Carlos and didn't get close to signing either.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here in their search for a new CB.

Caveat - I like the new ownership, their communication is good, we've made 2 decent signings so far and they will clearly do everything in their power to turn us in to a club competing for trophies. I'm just not oblivious to the fact they've made a mess of their attempts (so far) to recruit new players in a key position.

What a shit show. Not bothered about losing out on good players but I will be annoyed if we don't have other negotiations running concurrently.

Surely, at this stage, 25m on Tarkowski would be a smart move? Burnley couldn't turn that down and we would instantly improve.

34 minutes ago, STM said:

What a shit show. Not bothered about losing out on good players but I will be annoyed if we don't have other negotiations running concurrently.

Surely, at this stage, 25m on Tarkowski would be a smart move? Burnley couldn't turn that down and we would instantly improve.

The same team that will be relegated with us and we are buying players from them for 50m? :D

We are shopping in the wrong market for the position we're in to be honest, making this window unnecessarily difficult and protracted. Can't fault the ambition but we need upgrades on the likes of Lascelles, Clark, Shelvey and Ritchie which doesn't require £40m champions league level players. Still think we'll get 3 - 4 players in though.

36 minutes ago, STM said:

The Athletic said yesterday that we have negotiated for multiple players at the same time so please don’t get too annoyed on that point. 

Going to be a fascinating but probably mind-numbing 10 days. Feels like we've had a couple of really public pursuits which have very clearly broken down because of money; perhaps that was part of the intention...

I guess we're really going to see what the consortium are made of over the next 10 days. This is the time where both buyers & sellers get jumpier and deals get done - I think we're going to end up spending but I'm not sure about the quality.

I know it's been said before, but picking up some of the best talent in the Champo wouldn't be a bad idea.

Brereton, Djed Spence, the Bournemouth lad, Ilias Chair, Cavaleiro, etc would all be decent buys.

Still think it might go through personally, just depends if we are prepared to wait until the end of the window. Sevilla were talking about needing to sign a replacement first so they are willing to do a deal, but it's not happening until they get someone in.