Diego Carlos

Nobody

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We’re facing relegation straight in the eye, no wonder we’re struggling. There’s  a good argument to be had that if we can’t get the right players in now that we simply go with more or less what we have and then reassess at the season’s end. We then either build a team for promotion or if we somehow manage to stay up we get the players in then when we’ll be a hugely more attractive proposition.

We are completely in limbo at the moment.

We're at huge risk of not getting anyone else through the door by persisting in trying to get the players from Clubs that don't want to sell. I understand wanting to aim high but atm we just need players who will improve on what we have got and am sure there are plenty of other players who fit that mold.

Just now, duo said:

We're at huge risk of not getting anyone else through the door by persisting in trying to get the players from Clubs that don't want to sell. I understand wanting to aim high but atm we just need players who will improve on what we have got and am sure there are plenty of other players who fit that mold.

But how do you know we won't get the players? It seems like we are still in discussions with Sevilla over Carlos behind the scenes. They could have just told us to fuck off and don't come back, instead they are saying "this is how much we want, otherwise no sale". 

I'd agree though, there comes a point where we have to either cough up or move on. They will need time to get a replacement in as well so the longer we leave it, less chance of it happening. 

I'd guess it's very rare for any Premier League club to be interested in a player and be the only one. Unless of course, you've got a free run of 6 months worth of negotiating to sign Joelinton for £40m.

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

But how do you know we won't get the players? It seems like we are still in discussions with Sevilla over Carlos behind the scenes. They could have just told us to fuck off and don't come back, instead they are saying "this is how much we want, otherwise no sale". 

I'd agree though, there comes a point where we have to either cough up or move on. They will need time to get a replacement in as well so the longer we leave it, less chance of it happening. 

I'd also flag the idea of 'don't want to sell'. 

Carlos looks a very good player, but the market for a soon to be 29-year-old won't be half as much come the summer. Botman, I think that one holds because he's young, but some of these clubs know that this is going to be a one time chance for some of these deals. 

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Apparently Sevilla happy to sell him after their game on Saturday.

And here we go....

Can't take anything for granted obviously, but there's clearly a lot of horse trading going on here behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Very strange. This sort of thing has him staying or going to Spurs written all over it.

Really? I think it makes us favourites to sign him tbh. It doesn't sound like a Spurs deal at all at that price and with him almost 29. If he was going to stay they'd just tell us to do one and stop negotiations dead. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Really? I think it makes us favourites to sign him tbh. It doesn't sound like a Spurs deal at all at that price and with him almost 29. If he was going to stay they'd just tell us to do one and stop negotiations dead. 

Just the circumstances seem weird, selling him after a match in which he'll play. Maybe normal in Spain, just wouldn't happen here in case he got injured.

Guest Biggsbond14
42 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree totally about the timing we need to offer or move on due to what you mentioned 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just the circumstances seem weird, selling him after a match in which he'll play. Maybe normal in Spain, just wouldn't happen here in case he got injured.

The whole way they've handled it has been weird, they don't want to sell, but they put out conditions and a price which they would sell at - including buying a replacement for a player they aren't selling. Carlos himself has put in a transfer request, and there's clearly negotiations still going on. 

I think thats's just how they do things over there, probably a part of hardball negotiation tactics. 

seems to me Seville and Carlos are playing us like an old fiddle.

Just trying to generate more interest he has no intention of joining us anytime soon,

We are destined for the championship getting all these players in was never going to happen.

You cant blame any of the top class players for not wanting to come to Newcastle.

We have nothing to offer except relegation on there CV.

Edited by prefabtoon

12 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

seems to me Seville and Carlos are playing us like an old fiddle.

Just trying to generate more interest he has no intention of joining us anytime soon,

We are destined for the championship getting all these players in was never going to happen.

You cant blame any of the top class players for not wanting to come to Newcastle.

We have nothing to offer except relegation on there CV.

Yeah, nothing to offer other than boatloads of cash. Can see why they wouldn't be interested at all. 

5 hours ago, duo said:

*mould