Diego Carlos

Nobody

13 minutes ago, Nine said:

Really want this one, proper nasty shithouse of a CB which is something our team lacks all round. Not sure if he’s worth £50m+ though.

The 2 games I watched of him playing he was anything but.

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

The 2 games I watched of him playing he was anything but.

I will admit that I’ve only seen highlight videos of him like :lol: That’s interesting though, obviously over a full 90 mins he’s gonna look a bit more reserved than a 3 minute YouTube video. 

What did you think of him generally?

46 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Sevilla are in a title race. No way they are letting him go in this window.

unless they think they could use the £50-60m to boost their title bid with an extra couple of players coming in.

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

I will admit that I’ve only seen highlight videos of him like :lol: That’s interesting though, obviously over a full 90 mins he’s gonna look a bit more reserved than a 3 minute YouTube video. 

What did you think of him generally?

35 minutes ago, Nine said:

Really want this one, proper nasty shithouse of a CB which is something our team lacks all round. Not sure if he’s worth £50m+ though.

if Wood is worth 25, then 25 more for a important player for Sevilla that has had a fucking blast of a season is steady on.

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

if Wood is worth 25, then 25 more for a important player for Sevilla that has had a fucking blast of a season is steady on.

Yeah I’m not sure Wood is worth 25 though, triggering the clause was just the easiest way of getting him. I know where you are coming from though, £50m for an elite CB who can do it for 5/6 years isn’t a lot of money.

Edited by Nine

I don't fucking care now how much he is going to cost. We need a proper CB. Van Djik cost more than this. Fuck sake, that Magguire shit at Man U cost a lot of money to be shit. I'd rather be paying a lot of money for a proper CB like this guy than £15m for Phil fucking Jones! We're the richest club in the world and we need to get out of the mess we're in. Pay whatever it may cost because that dosh is worthless in the Championship.

Van Dijk was in his early / mid 20s when they got him for £75m. Liverpool knew he would be with them for at least 7-8 years at his peak. Carlos is 29, has less time at his peak and also untested in England. It’s perfectly right for us to not want to over pay no matter how desperate we are

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Van Dijk was in his early / mid 20s when they got him for £75m. Liverpool knew he would be with them for at least 7-8 years at his peak. Carlos is 29, has less time at his peak and also untested in England. It’s perfectly right for us to not want to over pay no matter how desperate we are

Semantics, but Carlos is currently 28. 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

He was 26, but aye (if true) it's steep for his age.