Diego Carlos

Nobody

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Very true, that said though it sounds like the player and his agent are pushing for the move.

Agreed player is up for it, feel for them, but sort of respect Seville for not wanting to lose a crucial player during a potential title race. Not so much for dicking us around though. 

I swear the release clauses in Spain are stupid if you make them too high. Surely players should be negotiating better release levels to relieve this sort of headache.

12 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Hang on hang on hang on.... Tarkowski = top class defender?

He’s very good; reads the game very well, a capable passer and a good pro. Top class might be a bit overboard on my part though, apologies.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

According to the media, Sevilla have been changing the price for the last three weeks. Why we haven’t just gone elsewhere already I don’t know.

Intrigued to see who the next target will be, really hope it’s not Tarkowski.

English media was totally wrong about prices since the beggining. 

It is absolutly impossible that Sevilla said that €30m was a fair prices. 

Even 50 is a bit far away. I said a few days ago, and I was surprised reading your press and tweets because here we know exactly the amount of money you would need to take him. 

It was a matter of giving hope just because, obviously, if you offer 3 times wages to the player he would like to go, but I don't think that your offer to Sevilla were even close to what you'd need. 

Edited by Trensa

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

He’s very good; reads the game very well, a capable passer and a good pro. Top class might be a bit overboard on my part though, apologies.

He's better than what we've got, quicker too and if the rumours about Burnley are true, and this is just after we paid them 25 million, then they might be more than willing to sell him.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Do you not get the fear hes another Roger Johnson though? Extremely good with his CB partner (dann/mee) then not so much without him.

Could be, but I don’t think it’s fair to use the fact that he’s forged a great relationship with his cb partner as a stick to beat him with. 

He’s a very classy defender, a calming presence at the back and a good leader from what I’ve seen. Also, in our position there’s something to be said for a guy who can just show up and do a job immediately with a limited settling-in period. Not sure why people here don’t seem to rate him :lol:.

11 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Even 50 is a bit far away. I said a few days ago, and I was surprised reading your press and tweets because here we know exactly the amount of money you would need to take him. 

It was a matter of giving hope just because, obviously, if you offer 3 times wages to the player he would like to go, but I don't think that your offer to Sevilla were even close to what you'd need. 

I don’t doubt there is probably some truth in this.

Apparently both Lille and Sevilla have been changing the price on a daily basis, seems quite unrealistic to me and we’re the consistent player in both deals.

The English press will be getting their info from our side of the deal which is why it’s so pro-NUFC. What have the Spanish and local press said about the deal?

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

Maybe turn attention to the Monaco lad that’s injured 

After extensive 10 minutes scouting of Carols, Botman and Badiashile.  I said in the player thread, that I thought the latter is the one that looked the most exciting.  

Seems like we have had some hefty bids knocked back already for him, though?  Plus it seems like he's the least experienced and not as well suited to just come into a relegation scrap and help us straight away. 

I feel Tarkowski is a bit like Lascelles. A good player that has probably lost his way and form. Been a bit stagnant staying too long at one club. He was touted for moves to bigger club not so long ago so if he does move here, hope we do get the old Tarkowski back. 

Of course DC would be the better choice obviously. Some clubs are just too naive and greedy and will rue oppotunities to sell to us now later down the line.

15 minutes ago, Trensa said:

I think this is likely the most accurate scenario. It does make you wonder what our board are trying to accomplish.

My best guess is that they wanted the player to force a move and get him on a bargain. I guess similar to how PSG got a bargain from us on Cabaye?

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Oh give it a rest. It wasn’t a serious injury he’s due back in next week or too apparently 

He has been here less than a day and all his post so far have been condescending to fuck. Just let him get on with it, he'll soon get bored.