Diego Carlos

Nobody

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Surely we must of had some good feedback following our bids - as why spend so much time if we weren’t (close) to agreeing ? 

Sevilla is a team that bases its policy on selling players getting a good performance. His most expensive departure is Ben Yedder (35-36M) and they have sold players to top teams like Alves, Ramos, Lenglet, Vitolo, Bacca, Negredo or Gameiro. 

Probably they are thinking in a price betwen 36 to 40 millions and become him in his new most expensive departure.

PS: First time almost in his story, Sevilla are fighting to win the League.  They have won only one... So probably is a situation to could be high the final price. 

14 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion. 

Diego Carlos is obviously better than some of our defenders, like Clark.

He is very very good in the air game. And tactically he is usually very well placed. He has very good control when it comes to playing with the ball.

But I see some problems.

First of all, Sevilla have a defensively very compact team with very generous players in defence. Diego Carlos plays alongside Koundé (who is really good) and is always supported by his winger Acuña (who is a player with a lot of energy) as well as having a pivot in front of him like Fernando (ex Man City) who is at a superb level . Also, his goalie (Bono) is having the best season of his life. Thus, it is normal for Sevilla to go up and have very few goals conceded. They play in a ball possession system. It's something that Howe is really trying to implement or improve in his first games, but we don't have a team for it yet.

Diego Carlos plays the ball well from behind, but this sometimes plays tricks on him, because he can be trusted and make mistakes.

But for me, the main problem is that he is a player who, despite being very very strong, is very slow in short movements (like Lascelles).

This makes him a very good defender in direct play, but he has more problems when it comes to defending teams that try to play more on the touch of the ball. (He is the player in all leagues who has committed the most penalties in the last 2-3 years with 10 penalties...)

The context in which he would find himself in Newcastle is very different from the one he has in Seville. Because at Sevilla, almost always, he has to go running in the open field or playing in superiority against few defenders. On the other hand ... I doubt very much what his level can be when the rivals can lock us up.

Being a player who would improve us (it's not very difficult either), he wouldn't be my first choice.

200.gif

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

29 year old player at peak value should be sold. I get Monchi is Monchi but hes made a mistake here. His value is going to drop off a cliff 

Football is win every match, especially for fans. If we win la liga I personally send to you even the sperm of DC if you desire, imagine as fan if I care if his value goes to ZERO. And Monchi is a fan too. 

21 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion. 

He is very very good in the air game. And tactically he is usually very well placed. He has very good control when it comes to playing with the ball.

But I see some problems.

First of all, Sevilla have a defensively very compact team with very generous players in defence. Diego Carlos plays alongside Koundé (who is really good) and is always supported by his winger Acuña (who is a player with a lot of energy) as well as having a pivot in front of him like Fernando (ex Man City) who is at a superb level . Also, his goalie (Bono) is having the best season of his life. Thus, it is normal for Sevilla to go up and have very few goals conceded. They play in a ball possession system. It's something that Howe is really trying to implement or improve in his first games, but we don't have a team for it yet.

Diego Carlos plays the ball well from behind, but this sometimes plays tricks on him, because he can be trusted and make mistakes.

But for me, the main problem is that he is a player who, despite being very very strong, is very slow in short movements (like Lascelles).

This makes him a very good defender in direct play, but he has more problems when it comes to defending teams that try to play more on the touch of the ball. (He is the player in all leagues who has committed the most penalties in the last 2-3 years with 10 penalties...)

The context in which he would find himself in Newcastle is very different from the one he has in Seville. Because at Sevilla, almost always, he has to go running in the open field or playing in superiority against few defenders. On the other hand ... I doubt very much what his level can be when the rivals can lock us up.

Being a player who would improve us (it's not very difficult either), he wouldn't be my first choice.

Pretty much what ManDoon was saying about almost being more important to get a proper DM in ahead of a CB.

21 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion. 

But I see some problems.

Have faith in toontastics La liga expert, the lad knows his onions like 

6 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Sevilla is a team that bases its policy on selling players getting a good performance. His most expensive departure is Ben Yedder (35-36M) and they have sold players to top teams like Alves, Ramos, Lenglet, Vitolo, Bacca, Negredo or Gameiro. 

Probably they are thinking in a price betwen 36 to 40 millions and become him in his new most expensive departure.

PS: First time almost in his story, Sevilla are fighting to win the League.  They have won only one... So probably is a situation to could be high the final price. 

Maybe in summer 45, right now impossible. 

And We always talking about win la liga but we need to get the pass to the next CL, if we get it we take like 50/60m and without DC the situation would be dangerous. 

42 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Or He can sign a New contract and play CL next season. Not bad for him when He was so close to sign almost for the same wage. 

DC has a contract with us for a few years more, We dont have to pay anything else if any club pay his release clause, but probarly Monchi try to improve his contract, not double, for sure. 

And yeap, We have the Best financial situation along Real and maybe Bilbao, we can pay for the Martial loan with any sale. 

That's fair enough, end of the day he is your player you don't have to sell him, whether he is happy or not. If you want to keep the player we have to respect that, and find some other 29 year old to spend £40m on. I just hope you are firm in this, Newcastle need to move on, the last thing we want is on deadline day Monchi comes back and says, "actually we would like to take the money after all".

Just now, McCormick said:

As much as I like Carlos, they’ve seemingly fucked us about or at the very least wasted our time. Hope we don’t deal with them again. Petty? You bet.

Should just buy Sevilla and fold the club. Cunts 

16 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Between Lille/Botman & Sevilla/Carlos, we have had our pants pulled down!

It's a joke!

We really haven’t. It’s our negotiations go between a club not wanting to sell.

Just to be fair. 

How much can Sevilla pay to Diego Carlos? He is earning more or less 3M (Gross Salary) per year. Trippier is believe to be earning 9-10M (Gross Salary) per year. The double he earned in Atletico (Atletico is the 7th team in the world with highly salaries).

Maybe 5-6M per year for Diego Carlos??

And what is the 'target' for Sevilla in the next Champions League? Round of 16? 

Diego Carlos is 28 or 29yo. He is in the top moment to get the best (and probably the last) contract in his life. 

If you are telling me if he stays in Sevilla and Sevilla could have options to win the next UCL I told you 'ok, is normal Diego Carlos want to stay at Sevilla'.

But Diego Carlos is going to press to get out because he knows the situation. If Sevilla want him to stay, they have to increase his earns more than double.... And I don't know if it is possible.

This is the worst window we'll have in terms of trying to do deals.

Our need as buyers far outstrips that of the clubs we are buying from and unsurprisingly it's seeing teams try to take the piss and move goalposts because they know even if 'we walk away' there's a chance of resurrecting a deal closer to the end of the window.

In many instances it wouldn't shock me if they're desperately trying to recover pandemic based losses. Ideally, I'd have liked our DOF in place to give us some experience in this ream - both in doing deals and managing the media side of things - but this is the boat we're in. 

30 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Football is win every match, especially for fans. If we win la liga I personally send to you even the sperm of DC if you desire, imagine as fan if I care if his value goes to ZERO. And Monchi is a fan too. 

This poster has just offered to funnel the sperm of a professional footballer to us if they win the league. Don't anyone ever forget this. 

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's fair enough, end of the day he is your player you don't have to sell him, whether he is happy or not. If you want to keep the player we have to respect that, and find some other 29 year old to spend £40m on. I just hope you are firm in this, Newcastle need to move on, the last thing we want is on deadline day Monchi comes back and says, "actually we would like to take the money after all".

This is not gonna happen for sure, Monchi is not playing with you, He is just trying to make the Best squad. 

20 minutes ago, Peppe said:

Should just buy Sevilla and fold the club. Cunts 

Can we keep the UEL at least? 

15 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t desire that thanks, but long term it is not smart to avoid selling a player before his decline. From a fan perspective sure, from the team perspective not really. 

His decline maybe least three years, three years of a solid defense and playing CL taking a lot of money. 

Fernando was in his decline three years ago and in the middle time we won another UEL and three CL quialifications. 

Edited by Trensa

16 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Just to be fair. 

How much can Sevilla pay to Diego Carlos? He is earning more or less 3M (Gross Salary) per year. Trippier is believe to be earning 9-10M (Gross Salary) per year. The double he earned in Atletico (Atletico is the 7th team in the world with highly salaries).

Maybe 5-6M per year for Diego Carlos??

And what is the 'target' for Sevilla in the next Champions League? Round of 16? 

Diego Carlos is 28 or 29yo. He is in the top moment to get the best (and probably the last) contract in his life. 

If you are telling me if he stays in Sevilla and Sevilla could have options to win the next UCL I told you 'ok, is normal Diego Carlos want to stay at Sevilla'.

But Diego Carlos is going to press to get out because he knows the situation. If Sevilla want him to stay, they have to increase his earns more than double.... And I don't know if it is possible.

Sevilla don't have to doubled anything, He signed a contract three years ago, probarly Sevilla improves his salary but nothing like that. 

He can press like every player who tried to press in the past, if you want go to a New club He just have to pay his release clause. 

That easy. 

DC looks for himself and Sevilla too. 

If DC breaks his leg in a million pieces tomorrow we'd have to pay his salary because we signed a contract years ago, when He signed this release clause seems very happy. 

Edited by Trensa