Newcastle United 0 - 1 Cambridge United (08/01/2022)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Awful result, but maybe a good thing.

Really have to focus on getting in players now, and be very deliberate about moving on from some of the lot we have here currently. Think they are mostly broken beyond repair now.

Yep. No point in looking back, that's the end of the road for most of them as far as I'm concerned. 

So, can you be offside if the ball comes off a defender? Yes. If the ball is deflected off a defender or the defender makes a deliberate save, it’s offside. Only when a defender deliberately plays the ball is it not considered offside.

Shelvey probalbly played to the cambridge player on purpose…

Edited by snabelkabel

Just waiting for train after the match.  Truely awful, sell the lot, except trip.  They are so use to losing, the stench is overwhelming.  

Pay the extra for Botman and get Carlo.  Then move onto striker asap

Edited by Awaymag

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think I’ll be happy until every Ashley-era player is gone TBH. Just purge the lot. 

Totally agree. There really isn’t one of them I would look to keep or be gutted to see leave or replaced.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I want names..

..or it didn't happen... I want names anyway. 

Wouldn't be shocked if it was Shelvey, schar and willock, ASM too tbh.  

I had it on in the background at the end. Looked like Howe was out there with Shelvey, Schar, Dubs and a few others from memory. Murphy seemed to go out onto the pitch from the bench and all. 

We desperately, desperately need a goalscorer. We need a beast who's capable in the air as well as the deck. 

ASM was absolutely shocking. We seem to have signed Willock's shite identical twin. Their goal was comically shite defending/keeping. Dear me. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

This 100%. 

They cannot handle the transition into playing in a way that actually demands far more from them. They're all getting exposed big time.

All grown accustomed to just sitting in their box to defend and not showing any initiative going forward. The culture of laziness and a complete lack of accountability has run way too deep for some.

Absolutely. For me, this shows how just how deep the rot is thanks to Bruce. 

The players have to be held accountable but Bruce just compounded every bad attitude and application on display. I doubt some players will ever shake it.

Could go two ways this. Could kill any remaining confidence this lot had left, we don’t get a load of top signings and we plummet further with this shit team. 

or… 

The owners shit themselves, start paying the asking price or the buyout clause and we get another 5 top quality players in this month and spend about £200m. 

It's so obvious that the game is up for so many of these frauds. They have been found out but there are no other options right now.

We have to buy enough players to be able to put out 8 or 9 players who give a fuck, will work hard, and have at least some skill. 11 would be great but probably unrealistic.

Right now I'd say Tripper, Wilson, (maybe) this new version of Joelinton, qualify. The rest are lacking in one or more of those areas. We have so much work to do to even be mediocre. Five signings, minimum, and ideally even more or we are truly done. 

26 minutes ago, SweMag said:

[emoji38]

Calm down.

This game was never important. Our focus is now on the league.

We should’ve scored 2-3 goals but their goalkeeper took everything. However, with a proper striker we would have scored.

Lets get some new players in and prepare for the Watford game.

No need to calm down, is that not a fair reflection of how utterly shite we were today, Cambridge man, we were scared, terrible in possession and pathetic up front .

Those players are clueless when it comes to dictating the play, shit first touch, terrible passing,movement non existent, its not today I give a shit about its Watford with this same shower of shit , cos that is the team that will take the field. Terrifying 

17 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/55814673.amp

Similar goal which should've been disallowed.

The key part here:

"Where a player in an offside position immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball, the match officials should prioritise challenging an opponent for the ball, and thus the offside offence of 'interfering with an opponent by impacting on the opponent's ability to play the ball' should be penalised."

The offside player didn’t impact Shelvey, who made a deliberate attempt to play the ball (as opposed to a deflection). Shelvey’s touch therefore kills the previous phase.

The rule is counterintuitive but it was the correct decision.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This 100%. 

They cannot handle the transition into playing in a way that actually demands far more from them. They're all getting exposed big time.

All grown accustomed to just sitting in their box to defend and not showing any initiative going forward. The culture of laziness and a complete lack of accountability has run way too deep for some.

This , just what I've said 

I definitely subscribe the the view that there’ll be some of them realising the game’s up and they’ll be out the door to a club who’ll pay them a fraction of what we do.

However, if that’s the case we need to be actively touting them out rather than waiting for bids - and when one comes in, not think of making money back and just accept it.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, he’s never been a top keeper. Top for a club owned by Mike Ashley, maybe. 

We can say this for half the squad tbh :lol:  

We don't need to stick up for bang average players any more

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

No need to calm down, is that not a fair reflection of how utterly shite we were today, Cambridge man, we were scared, terrible in possession and pathetic up front .

Those players are clueless when it comes to dictating the play, shit first touch, terrible passing,movement non existent, its not today I give a shit about its Watford with this same shower of shit , cos that is the team that will take the field. Terrifying 

I was calling us worse than shit from about 10 mins onwards when some were saying we were playing well, because it was painfully obvious we weren't capable of scoring. 

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I definitely subscribe the the view that there’ll be some of them realising the game’s up and they’ll be out the door to a club who’ll pay them a fraction of what we do.

However, if that’s the case we need to be actively touting them out rather than waiting for bids - and when one comes in, not think of making money back and just accept it.

You can say that, but they were mostly just as shit before the new regime came in. 

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, he’s never been a top keeper. Top for a club owned by Mike Ashley, maybe. 

Before his two injuries Dubs was class like, since he's come back he's been pretty poor and is dropping clangers galore.

Mad that we went from the Man U performance to this. I know we're a team better suited to the counter and all that but it is staggering to watch Premier League footballers fuck up the absolute basics against League Two opposition.

Amazing for Cambridge, like. Sure they'll have an amazing night in town.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Guest HTT II

Fucking fuming with that, I’d get rid of everyone of them bar Trippier obviously, sackless bastards. And serious questions need asked of Howe after that performance, no game plan, just nothing.

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Not that it would have made any difference but VAR shouldn't be used in this competition unless it can be used at all games being played in that round

Fuck knows what they were doing reviewing the Cambridge goal. No lines drawn at any point, just randomly zooming in and out before finally realising Shelvey touched it.