More transfer rumours

midds

Guest Biggsbond14
3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The point of sacking him is, if he can’t win more games of football then he is no use to man nor beast and there is zero gain to keeping him. This isn’t Rafa we’re talking about, it’s Eddie Howe, a man who has won nothing in his entire career and been sacked for relegating Bournemouth. He owes us, we do not owe him, and nothing in this world ever happens because you were nice when you should have been ruthless.

Now I will say it’s still too early to make a call. He needs january to sign players and pick up points. But if we go into mid February and we’re still on one win and losing games to the likes of Watford then I want his sad little face on a plate.

Think your being a bit over dramatic “with the sad little face bit”  no need for that imho, I stand by what I said he can’t get a tune out of that as you can’t polish a turd as the rot set in years ago 

Just now, Biggsbond14 said:

Think your being a bit over dramatic “with the sad little face bit”  no need for that imho, I stand by what I said he can’t get a tune out of that as you can’t polish a turd as the rot set in years ago 

Yeah well what can I say, I’m as dramatic as the sea at night, in the wind

Guest Biggsbond14
1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Yeah well what can I say, I’m as dramatic as the sea at night, in the wind

A poet too nice 😂

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Yeah but can you be arsed with the promotion season, the avoiding relegation season, and the consolidating season AGAIN? I can't.

If it ultimately means that we are a club able to compete and maybe get into Europe occasionally - yes.

14 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It's really not the end of the world if we don't sign anybody in time for Watford. We've turned up in all of our recent PL games, and even in the first half against Cambridge. Watford are ot going to be playing the way Cambridge did and we'll get more space to attack on the counter.

Obviously it would be reassuring to get a striker, but it's pointless pissing the bed, just now. On Friday people believed the squad was good enough to beat Cambridge to such an extent they were happy to donate the gate, before a ball had been pumped up. Those people were wrong and now think we're not good enough to beat Watford.

Cambridge are 16th in League One, Watford are above us in the table and have players who will run at and cause all sorts of problems for our defence, who put 4 past Man U and 5 past Everton. They're not even slightly comparable.

Lose against them at the weekend and realistically we're down.

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

If it ultimately means that we are a club able to compete and maybe get into Europe occasionally - yes.

We don't have to go down to do that. If we stay up we can do it sooner. 

I get the argument, I won't be crying if we get relegated, it's undoubtedly a huge setback though however you spin it.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Cambridge are 16th in League One, Watford are above us in the table and have players who will run at and cause all sorts of problems for our defence, who put 4 past Man U and 5 past Everton. They're not even slightly comparable.

Lose against them at the weekend and realistically we're down.

Lose and the task becomes harder. But your point about them being incomparable is rubbish, you've just compared them, in the same way I did. They will provide more space for us to counter-attack which is pretty much all we can do with any sort of competence. If Gayle had been COVID free we would have walked it against Cambridge. If we don't have a forward in then I'd pick him against Watford.

Guest Biggsbond14
1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Lose and the task becomes harder. But your point about them being incomparable is rubbish, you've just compared them, in the same way I did. They will provide more space for us to counter-attack which is pretty much all we can do with any sort of competence. If Gayle had been COVID free we would have walked it against Cambridge. If we don't have a forward in then I'd pick him against Watford.

Gayle has to play if fit as not having a recognised forward in against them is suicide and will give our play a different dimension 

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Seems fucking bizarre how much noise there seemed to be on Thursday and Friday about signings being close... seems almost dead now.

By the sounds of reports we are still trying to decide which striker to go for. 

Guest Biggsbond14
1 minute ago, Sima said:

Could be that Al-Rumayyan has pulled the plug after Saturday.

I joke ofc.

Make him in more of a hurry to improve after witnessing that second half shambles 

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Seems fucking bizarre how much noise there seemed to be on Thursday and Friday about signings being close... seems almost dead now.

This is momentum, manifest. The mood hinges on winning games. Winning games hinges on signing footballers. Signing footballers hinges on winning games.

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

This is momentum, manifest. The mood hinges on winning games. Winning games hinges on signing footballers. Signing footballers hinges on winning games.

I don't think the last sentence there makes much sense.

Guest Biggsbond14
Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

Nope it hinges on negotiation with club and player and selling the club to player, our defeat won’t turn a player away from signing as most young players around the world don’t look at the f.a cup like we do 

Cantwell seems to be linked/discussed all over Twitter but by no one really trustworthy. 

I’m a massive believer of trusting the fan bases opinions on players now. I feel like a learned a lot after being really underwhelmed by Rondon before we signed him while all their fans told us he was amazing. It’s the complete opposite for this guy. I’m reading loads of our fans saying we shouldn’t be turning our noses up at him while literally every Norwich fan is saying he’s awful. Avoid! 

Just now, St1pe said:

Cantwell seems to be linked/discussed all over Twitter but by no one really trustworthy. 

I’m a massive believer of trusting the fan bases opinions on players now. I feel like a learned a lot after being really underwhelmed by Rondon before we signed him while all their fans told us he was amazing. It’s the complete opposite for this guy. I’m reading loads of our fans saying we shouldn’t be turning our noses up at him while literally every Norwich fan is saying he’s awful. Avoid! 

The Norwich forum seems to be pretty unanimous that he's a good player who has had off-field problems for them.

Why are we not just singing Origi from Liverpool. It’s such an easy transfer because he wants to stay one England, his contract runs out, he wants game time and we are not rivalling Liverpool in the league. The guy is actually quite a good player and always does well in the few chances he gets for Liverpool 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Why are we not just singing Origi from Liverpool. It’s such an easy transfer because he wants to stay one England, his contract runs out, he wants game time and we are not rivalling Liverpool in the league. The guy is actually quite a good player and always does well in the few chances he gets for Liverpool 

Because Liverpool won’t let him go with Salah and Mane away for a month.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Norwich forum seems to be pretty unanimous that he's a good player who has had off-field problems for them.

Might be more reliable than Twitter comments then 👍

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I remember Coventry fans saying how poor Bellamy was.  He turned out ok.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because Liverpool won’t let him go with Salah and Mane away for a month.

Fair enough - but if we give them enough money I’m sure they will be happy playing Jota and Firminho up front until February