More transfer rumours

midds

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I know people hate him, I do. But we shouldn’t outright dismiss what he’s saying 

Fuck him he’s a grade one cunt. Is that what he really classes as a big story? The owners will be judged by the fans at the end of the transfer window, not by one person with an outright agenda against the club, the owners and the fans. The fact he can’t wait until the end of the transfer window before putting the boot in, totally sums the prick up.

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

What alarms me the Most about this article is that nowhere does it mention midfield? Surely Howe can’t be happy with what he have. No way 

Absolutely, should be even more critical now if Joelinton is out for any length of time.

6 minutes ago, ToonAbroad said:

Isn't a tip-off by a player's agent the definition of an insider scoop?

Depends, either way no journalistic investigation would have went into it, he probably picked it from around the office and ran with it and it eventually turned out true. He’s a gobshite anyway, I wouldn’t credit him with anything. 

I agree with what he's saying but I think he's just as in the dark as the rest of us. If you look at his replies to people in that tweet they don't read like someone who has an ear on the inside.

I'm just hoping our lack of activity has been down to the strict parameters we've had on players signing (which can be relaxed) and not incompetence. Howe and Nickson don't fill me with much hope but hopefully I'm wrong about them.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Its Luke Edwards man.   The guy for 2 years told us the Bruce was great and we were ungrateful and the Mauriss was going to buy the club after he spent 3 months double checking he was legit.    The guy has something wrong with him, he's like the green goblin in Spiderman.  One minute he's all sweetness and light, the next minute he writes shit articles like above (which I haven't read as I won't give him the click).  Wish he would get re-assigned to another team!

Edited by Awaymag

1 minute ago, wyn davies said:

Anyone aware of whom will be departing to make room for what may come in , or do we run with those  and keep hold of what we have 

Hopefully a few will be going, either permanently or on loan, but failing that, we’d inevitably just have to deregister them and pay them not to play. There’s no way we won’t make further signings. 

1 hour ago, jotenko said:

Heard you guys want to buy Zaidu from Porto. He is pretty much average.

I was expecting you to buy world class players with all the money you have now, not the shit you talk about in this thread.

The story is pointless - it’s trying to assess something that hasn’t finished 

wait until Feb 1st then assess

we haven’t lost in the league since the window opened

4 points from last two games is something we would of taken before window opened 

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Has anyone been linked with Christensen from Chelsea? Out of contract? We should be all over that.

Yeah he won’t sign for another English club and in talks with Barcelona and Bayern for a free in the summer.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I agree he’s a prick. I agree it isn’t a big story. The thing is you can’t just condemn the whole article as false because he’s a nobhead. Like others said he liked the wood signing and broke it. 

Yes he got the Wood transfer correct, he also was the one who laughably reported on Henry Mauriss, with one of the worst exclusives I’ve ever seen. How can you judge a club’s transfer window until it’s completed? That is an opinion piece not a story and as always with that cunt, negative. If he wrote that opinion on February 1st after the transfer window had finished and there is a lack of signings incoming, then fair enough. The fact he is writing it 8 days before the window shuts, stinks of his usual blatant agenda. 

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

What alarms me the Most about this article is that nowhere does it mention midfield? Surely Howe can’t be happy with what he have. No way 

Yes. I was sure we would be doing some good business in the final days of the window, now I'm a bit concerned, especially as he really seems to rate Shelvey. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah he won’t sign for another English club and in talks with Barcelona and Bayern for a free in the summer.

Yeah- could see a swap for their respective out of contract players- Christensen and Rudiger for Sule (and Ginter from BMG). Apparently Christensen is currently one of the lowest paid at Chelsea on £84k pw and wants it doubling to stay. Could still happen I guess. 

10 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Its Luke Edwards man.   The guy for 2 years told us the Bruce was great and we were ungrateful and the Mauriss was going to buy the club after he spent 3 months double checking he was legit.    The guy has something wrong with him, he's like the green goblin in Spiderman.  One minute he's all sweetness and light, the next minute he writes shit articles like above (which I haven't read as I won't give him the click).  Wish he would get re-assigned to another team!

Nailed it. I was just about ready to let it go, but the fucking prick can't resist aiming little digs at the ownership, and probably cheers every loss in secret. 

24 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Waugh and Caulkin both saying we are after 2 centre midfielders fwiw.

I think Edwards either has the most blatant case of unconscious bias I've seen, or snooty antagonism is just a way for him to get people engaged.

He might not even realise he's doing it, but he puts out pieces where the only consistent thread in them is that they contradict what fans are saying on Twitter - right down to him putting a positive story about being close to signings last week when fans were getting pissed off with the transfer window. Now we win and he's back to putting out Buzz Killington pieces about how they must do better.

To me it doesn't matter whether his points have merit - anyone can make points that have merit and there'll be others making the same ones he is anyway - it's that I think he has an air of inauthenticity to what he says at best, and deliberate, outright hostility towards fans at worst. The narcissism, brain-dead stubbornness over Bruce/Rafa/Staveley, patronising tone, and complete denial of being the way he is are all byproducts that just turn me off him even more.

Hans reckons he probably doesn't even watch football :lol: and he does often come across like that as well.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Really wish we just stopped linking his shit articles. Weird man and couldnt care less about what he says. :)

Bingo. People forget he was absolutely gutted when the takeover went through. He's a wanker who enjoys nothing more than seeing our demise.

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think Edwards either has the most blatant case of unconscious bias I've seen, or snooty antagonism is just a way for him to get people engaged.

He might not even realise he's doing it, but he puts out pieces where the only consistent thread in them is that they contradict what fans are saying on Twitter - right down to him putting a positive story about being close to signings last week when fans were getting pissed off with the transfer window. Now we win and he's back to putting out Buzz Killington pieces about how they must do better.

To me it doesn't matter whether his points have merit - anyone can make points that have merit and there'll be others making the same ones he is anyway - it's that I think he has an air of inauthenticity to what he says at best, and deliberate, outright hostility towards fans at worst. The narcissism, brain-dead stubbornness over Bruce/Rafa/Staveley, patronising tone, and complete denial of being the way he is are all byproducts that just turn me off him even more.

Hans reckons he probably doesn't even watch football :lol: and he does often come across like that as well.

Does he support us? I know Douglas doesn't but cannot remember if Edwards does or not. If not then I imagine unconscious bias is a factor like.

And I do reckon he at least only has one eye on games like (again if he doesn't support us it makes sense), although his assessment of yesterday is pretty bang on imo. He did an article on Joelinton which was just wishy washy shite, no real talk of why he was great against Man Utd just general superlatives. Like he'd heard he was great and just sort of filled in the blanks - it didn't read like someone who had paid attention to his game. I know tactical analysis isn't really his thing but if you're writing an article on a players' performance it should probably get a look in :lol:. Then talking about Trippier's dominance in the air (being like a centre back) after the Cambridge game which seems lifted straight from WhoScored. I know he hasn't been studying Trippier's games for Atletico. He can click any individual players thread on here and get a general gist of what to write if he needs to.

EDIT: He supports Leyton Orient

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Let me be the first to inquire about Bissouma’s pending legal bother

Yep absolutely right, can’t touch the fucker until the outcome of his case is known, can’t be a good sign that Brighton are willing to offload one of there best players half way through the season, it should be approached with massive caution 

Edited by nufcnick

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I know people hate him, I do. But we shouldn’t outright dismiss what he’s saying 

Every journalist is immediately dismissed on here unless it’s overwhelming positive news. Even when they are right.

Edwards, like most journalists, clearly gets some right and some wrong but he’s been on the money quite a bit this January.

It’s plain and simple for us all to see with our own eyes the transfer window has been chaotic and lacking real strategy.