More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Although it might be a problem if one of those clubs complains about tapping-up.

Nothing stopping you speak to agents. No point in agreeing a transfer fee if the player doesn't want to come. Easier to agree a fee if the player indicates he wants to go.

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

agreeing personal terms with the player doesn't seem to be the problem so far :lol:

“Hey guys, so we’ve spoken to your man Duvan and we have his contract sorted. So let us have him already m’kay?”

10 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Nothing stopping you speak to agents. No point in agreeing a transfer fee if the player doesn't want to come. Easier to agree a fee if the player indicates he wants to go.

Yes there is, the agent is acting for the player, making an approach to an agent is no different to making one directly to a player.

PL Handbook Rule T.3. Any Club which by itself, by any of its Officials, by any of its Players, by its Intermediary, by any other Person on its behalf or by any other means whatsoever makes an approach either directly or indirectly to a Contract Player except as permitted by either Rule T.1.2 or Rule T.2 shall be in breach of these Rules and may be dealt with under the provisions of Section W of these Rules (Disciplinary).

I understand that probably happens all the time behind closed doors but it is still tapping-up and against the rules.

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Alan Nixon reports, red flag.

So to me, this just proves that everything the media writes is 99.999999% bullshit.

Do we honestly believe that NUFC let it be know that they were pulling out of the Carlos deal and in the next sentence said, oh by the way we are going after the Brighton lad now?

Just absolute garbage

Just now, Wykikitoon said:

Criminal we turned down the chance to sign Coutinho, imo.

I get the thought process behind it, but he’s not managing Bournemouth any more. If you want quality, you need to pay for it.

It’s not like we’re signing Wood and putting him on £350k a week. One or two star players on high wages wouldn’t be a disaster.

That can't be true like. Fuck me if it is like.

Aye, fuck Coutinho, we'll just stick with the dross we have incase it unsettles a dressing room that's managed one win all season before this weekend. Can't upset the apple cart now, not while everything is going so swimmingly. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

That can't be true like. Fuck me if it is like.

Aye, fuck Coutinho, we'll just stick with the dross we have incase it unsettles a dressing room that's managed one win all season before this weekend. Can't upset the apple cart now, not while everything is going so swimmingly. 

Exactly. Perish the thought that our players start underperforming....

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

You can’t take a chance on Coutinho in our situation - he’s been utter shite for 2 years - we need players to come in and hit the ground running 

A 'shite' Coutinho is still comfortably our best player.

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

You can’t take a chance on Coutinho in our situation - he’s been utter shite for 2 years - we need players to come in and hit the ground running 

A loan is worth a punt.  Spunking £100m on him is taking a chance. But would still walk into our team.

I also get the rational around it.  He doesn't want to upset our current players. But lets be honest.  Who cares. Majority need to be shipped out.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Don't think it's much of a problem, tbh. There are lots and lots of good players whereby coming here would be an increase in salary and not disrupt structure while we're in a dogfight. We don't need superstars right now, we just need good players. 

exactly that - we need players that can get us to safety as quickly as possible and then in the summer, with structure in place, that is the time to go for the superstars, if they so desire.