More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Don't really know much about Nat Phillips as a player, but the only transfer link I can even see regarding him is the opinion of Mark Douglas on the previous page? Not sure it's worth getting wound up over. 

He’s been identified as the number one back up target to Carlos and Botman in the athletic all month 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He’s been identified as the number one back up target to Carlos and Botman in the athletic all month 

I'll form an opinion on it when someone credible says we've actually make a bid. The links I've seen are tenuous at best. 

I still feel pretty chilled tbh. We needed to make signings prior to our January league games and we did, with both of those players contributing to a far-from-disastrous haul of four points from six. 

So we've earned ourselves the luxury of making more additions later in the window which, again, is far from being a major issue and is typical of this market in any case. 

I've no problem with swerving on the likes of Carlos to retain a precedent of not being exploited. Nor do I have a problem with swerving on the likes of Coutinho, whose primary interest is a massively inflated wage bill and who would upset a fragile dressing room that cannot afford to become toxic if we're to survive. 

Six days to chase down attainable targets and get them signed. It should be doable and they all count even if it's by teatime tonight or by midnight on the 31st. Let's save our rage for the morning after, if necessary. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

I still feel pretty chilled tbh. We needed to make signings prior to our January league games and we did, with both of those players contributing to a far-from-disastrous haul of four points from six. 

So we've earned ourselves the luxury of making more additions later in the window which, again, is far from being a major issue and is typical of this market in any case. 

I've no problem with swerving on the likes of Carlos to retain a precedent of not being exploited. Nor do I have a problem with swerving on the likes of Coutinho, whose primary interest is a massively inflated wage bill and who would upset a fragile dressing room that cannot afford to become toxic if we're to survive. 

Six days to chase down attainable targets and get them signed. It should be doable and they all count even if it's by teatime tonight or by midnight on the 31st. Let's save our rage for the morning after, if necessary. 

Top post.

I quite like Nat Phillips (not enough to go back and forth with posters and get roasted for it :lol: ) but there’s no getting away from the fact that he’d be a massive downgrade on Botman and Carlos.

Loved this from him though.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Six days to chase down attainable targets and get them signed. It should be doable and they all count even if it's by teatime tonight or by midnight on the 31st.

I’ve no doubt we’ll get the players in but it’s how far down the list we seem to be going that’s becoming underwhelming 

Just now, McCormick said:

I quite like Nat Phillips (not enough to go back and forth with posters and get roasted for it :lol: ) but there’s no getting away from the fact that he’d be a massive downgrade on Botman and Carlos.

Loved this from him though.

Absolutely didn’t mean that. He had no clue those players were there :lol:

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-01-25/benfica-newcastle-tem-novos-alvos-na-luz-alem-de-darwin/924206

Rumours that NUFC might be interested in Benfica's Lucas Veríssimo (solid CB but facing a long term knee injury), and Soalho Meité (absolutely horrible midfielder). Benfica fans pretty happy with the chance that you might be taking Meité away.

At this moment even Benfica fans are making jokes out of all these ridiculous news always talking about NUFC constant interest in random players. I really don't know where all of these are coming from.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

2 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-01-25/benfica-newcastle-tem-novos-alvos-na-luz-alem-de-darwin/924206

Rumours that NUFC might be interested in Benfica's Lucas Veríssimo (solid CB), and Soalho Meité (absolutely horrible midfielder). Benfica fans pretty happy with the chance that you might be taking Meité away.

I’ll bet good money neither happen 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The voice of reason

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're gonna end up like Golem with your obsession over our midfield like. :lol:

The midfield's been a bugbear of mine going back to the days we had Nicky Butt tbh, I know where he's coming from.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Merino is the last player I remember thinking, yeah this guy is it. Then we lost him. 

The Colback/Anita midfield still wakes me up at night in a cold sweat.

Just now, Consortium of one said:

Tiote and Cabaye was the only midfield I really liked during the Ashley era.

Yeah...and then Pardew got our defenders and goalkeeper to launch the ball 70 yards over their heads. :lol:

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

There are so many quality players in Europe and beyond on relatively modest salaries with acceptable release clauses.

Name 5, their release clause fee and how willing they are to come.

Guest reefatoon

We must be struggling to find players willing to sign for us on peanuts, just to keep the current bunch of useless whoppers happy.

Edited by reefatoon

20 minutes ago, TBG said:

Name 5, their release clause fee and how willing they are to come.

I’ve answered this already - I’m not a paid football scout. We literally pay people thousands to do this work and the best they can identify is some lumps from their own league.

However, it’s not rocket science to realise there will be players better than Ciaran fucking Clark available in Europe. 

We could go to most Germany, French or Spanish sides (aside from the top clubs in each league) and handpick any player we wanted based on our transfer fund and proposed wages for other players which would be a significant increase.

For example, Valencia have just bought a CB from Basel for less than a million. Would wager my next pay packet he wouldn’t be any worse than what we have.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-01-25/fc-porto-tottenham-apresentou-proposta-para-levar-luis-diaz/924257

Tottenham made an offer to FC Porto about Luiz Diaz. 45M EUR, but apparentelly Porto wants the full clause which will be 80M EUR.

This winger is a beast. Easily the best player of the Portuguese Primeira Liga at the moment.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz