More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I agree, but that's what two we've walked away from and two that are ongoing?

Most reports today say we walked from lingard deal so 3 from 4

im wary of critising but so far the only deals we’ve done is wood coz Burnley had no choice & Trippier coz atleti seemed very fair 

Edited by gdm

23 minutes ago, loki679 said:

We don't have the clout, the profile or the income streams (yet) to force through a sale of a top class player.  I'm 100% certain we'll see some more achievable targets come through the door before the window closes and we'll be back in for the cream when we're in a better position to force the issue.

For all we don't have the income stream yet, we know we will which means we have the money. What we don't have is the desire to pay much much more than we deem someone to be worth at this point in the window.

26 days in and fuck all had been addressed. If we can't land top targets then try the tier below. If clubs in the PL won't deal with us fairly then look abroad or in the championship. A change of tact is most certainly needed.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

26 days in and fuck all had been addressed. If we can't land top targets then try the tier below. If clubs in the PL won't deal with us fairly then look abroad or in the championship. A change of tact is most certainly needed.

Most of the players we've been li ked with have been abroad, same story.

I'd imagine the same shithouse tactics from any club we are dealing with tbh, can't imagine championship being much better.

Who'd have thought we would still be looking to take advantage of nearly out of contract and release clause players even with untold riches.

The fact we are relegation threatened is an unfortunate added hindrance.

Let's not assume it's entirely impossible to bring in players in January. We bought six players January 2013. We need options, just bodies in, someone to take a chance on. Even if they aren't walking straight into the XI we need competition and cover for nearly all positions.

1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

It's the pattern that's worrying, NUFC want the player, the player wants to come, club moving goal posts/doesn't want to sell. The whole thing stinks.

Yes, how dare Burnley not sell their best defender to us and all but guarantee their own relegation.

8 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Are we really about to sign Bruno from Lyon. A bid for a player is actually accepted. What a signing at that. Can we just offer Lyon loads of money for a few more of there players.

Yes. About as much as we'd agreed deals to sign Carlos and Lingard on Monday evening with agents flying out to seal the deals.

8 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Are we really about to sign Bruno from Lyon. A bid for a player is actually accepted. What a signing at that. Can we just offer Lyon loads of money for a few more of there players.

Indeed. Paqueta and Aouar wouldn’t go astray …

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Remember both Di Marzio and Romano tweeting he was about to sign for us just at the same time we signed Jamal Lewis, so clearly a player we have kept an eye on for a long time.

23 hours ago, arnonel said:

Same. I just wish they did something super exciting. There is a lot of pragmatism, which makes sense, but would love just one Ben Arfa type signing - or investment in loads of exciting youth. That would rock

Ignore. I take this back.

Im back in baby