More transfer rumours

midds

Does he? He's scored 15 league goals in a season once his whole career and 15 or more in all comps 3 times.

I feel like he isn't as prolific as the teams he plays for suggests he should have. Obviously miles better than anything this team has had in a long time tho.

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

With the amount of CB links popping up today in addition to Burn, seems like we still want two this window.

What's more interesting if we get two is that it surely signals the end of ALL of our current CB's. Whomever we get this window will likely end up back up to the likes of Botman/Carlos/Badiashile whom we will go back for in the summer if we stay up. Crazy.

Loads of Left back links as well. I wonder if they've been having more on the go at once, to keep the price down (if teams know we have more than one iron in the fire) and by keeping a few on the go gives a better chance of getting one.

25 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

Can't believe we have bought two top international players in one window......and I don't mean from some shit countries neither!!

Brazil isn't quite up there with New Zealand, but with time, I think they'll improve.

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

Does he? He's scored 15 league goals in a season once his whole career and 15 or more in all comps 3 times.

I feel like he isn't as prolific as the teams he plays for suggests he should have. Obviously miles better than anything this team has had in a long time tho.

Yup, never been too keen on him. Scored goals but not a prolific amount even when at the top clubs.

5 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Brazil isn't quite up there with New Zealand, but with time, I think they'll improve.

Stupid me, I was talking about signing Trips and Bruno....forgot about Wood being a Kiwi international as well......so that's 3 internationals we've bought (when Bruno completes).....and only one from a shit footballing nation:indi:

Edited by DMLeazesender

Totally feel we need more than Chris Wood, I could see Gayle on his way possibly, rumours of Hendrick also, will free up squad numbers. 

Before or on deadline day, another forward and a left back, and centre back, and I think we've done enough and will stay up.🤞🏻

Edited by mighty__mag

Take Morata in a heart beat here. Don't think he's the real elite, but certainly an incredible signing for any club outside of Europe level. Would be on big money I don't think we'd pay though. Other names out there I'd fancy more in fantasy realms.

Going to Spurs seems to make total sense on the face it... must have a good relationship with Conte, and Conte must love him... Spent £20M for him when he was at Juve, and £60M at Chelsea. Just Conte doesn't play with 2 up front, and don't see him playing in wide positions. Would be a lot of money for Levy to hand over when unless he's spending the Kane money early.

Edited by Xa9as

1 minute ago, Xa9as said:

Take Morata in a heart beat here. Don't think he's the real elite, but certainly an incredible signing for any club outside of Europe level. Other names out there I'd fancy more though

Going to Spurs seems to make total sense on the face it... must have a good relationship with Conte, and Conte must love him... Spent £20M for him when he was at Juve, and £60M at Chelsea. Just Conte doesn't play with 2 up front, and don't see him playing in wide positions. Would be a lot of money for Levy to hand over when unless he's spending the Kane money early.

I'd be happier with Zapata, Isak (injured currently though isn't he ?), the Southampton/Chelsea lad.......or Defoe:mackems:

6 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd be happier with Zapata, Isak (injured currently though isn't he ?), the Southampton/Chelsea lad.......or Defoe:mackems:

Yeah, like look of Zapata - he'd be top choice for me out of all the players mentioned. Don't pay too much attention to names until they obviously get to Bruno Tripper Carlos levels of us being interested though. 

Went to see how many goals Morata has in Seria A this season - 5 which seems a bit shit. Immobile is a name that I've not seen floated around, top scorer on 17 with Vlahovic... 

Would get proper excited if it looked like we were properly in talks for Zapata like - same with Nunez.

Plenty of quality strikers out there I recon we could get in that'd be class for us... would love us to try and get Morelos from Rangers or Mitro back from Fulham.

Edited by Xa9as

15 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Totally feel we need more than Chris Wood, I could see Gayle on his way possibly, rumours of Hendrick also, will free up squad numbers. 

Before or on deadline day, another forward and a left back, and centre back, and I think we've done enough and will stay up.🤞🏻

Don’t think we are bothered about squad spaces - they will just rot 

T

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Lingard can play false 9, he did for a few games at West Ham, so he'd be two for the price of one in terms of squad numbers. It's unfortunate his deal looks likely to go to the wire, because having a fallback like him would strenghten our position in getting another more established striker in a last minute deal. 

We definitely need another striker in after hopefully acquiring a CB or 2. Wilson could easily get crocked again and if Wood also gets crocked, we're fucked.

After Bruno hopefully signs, we need Bakker in, Burn (ideally 2 CBs) and a young hungry striker (not hungry like Steve Bruce)

Anything to lessen the pressure on ASM (and the pressure he puts on himself) to magically win games by himself

17 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Yeah, like look of Zapata - he'd be top choice for me out of all the players mentioned. Don't pay too much attention to names until they obviously get to Bruno Tripper Carlos levels of us being interested though. 

Went to see how many goals Morata has in Seria A this season - 5 which seems a bit shit. Immobile is a name that I've not seen floated around, top scorer on 17 with Vlahovic... 

Would get proper excited if it looked like we were properly in talks for Zapata like - same with Nunez.

Plenty of quality strikers out there I recon we could get in that'd be class for us... would love us to try and get Morelos from Rangers or Mitro back from Fulham.

I'm sure not long after the takeover collapsed Immobile had mentioned his agent was approached by the new consortium 

I guess the targets from that time changed 

At this point I think a decent CB signed and I’m confident we have enough to stay up. The midfield position is a key upgrade, it should make a huge difference to us in terms of possession and protecting the back 4.

Being greedy though, if we could still pull Lingard off it would gives us another dimension alongside St Max and potentially make us very good to watch for the remainder of season.

Still think we’ll see another big story in the next couple of days involving a striker, potentially Nunez, Zapata or Isak, but have a feeling that might be just out of our reach this window.

Great times. 

I think this is just the start of a whirlwind next few days, that the Bruno deal once completed will set in motion. Some of the players being linked in the last 24 hours are top top level but they’ll come to us and believe in the project.

We still need atleast 1 dedicated CB. A LB would be great although Manquillo made a case for it against Leeds.

Then at least 2 players who can cover the wings, CAM, and ST. Willock looked better but I still don't really trust him. Fraser has been decent due to his work rate but he isn't really a winger anymore. 

So if we get Burn, Bakker and Lingard we're looking almost good imo, bring in a striker who can help out in midfield and/or on the wings and the quality and balance of the side looks acceptable, which seemed a long way off a week ago.