More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

We are not getting two proven PL strikers in. Madness. Wood is proven still people are talking like he is not here. 

Viduka when at Leeds had 4 seasons in a row where he had double figures, like Wood - at a much more attacking team. At Boro, injury hit, he scored 7. 16 and 19 goals next 3 seasons. (He was 29 when he went there).  So a similar-ish situation. Wood is probably half the player of Viduka but even if he only got even half of that, it is money well spent. 

8 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Viduka when at Leeds had 4 seasons in a row where he had double figures, like Wood - at a much more attacking team. At Boro, injury hit, he scored 7. 16 and 19 goals next 3 seasons. (He was 29 when he went there).  So a similar-ish situation. Wood is probably half the player of Viduka but even if he only got even half of that, it is money well spent. 

Delete

May have read that wrong kingxlnc. Sorry

Edited by nufc123

I don't mind this at all. He is a Gayle upgrade. Pacey, can play across the front and gets in the right positions to score. He is hungry to succeed. 

Definitely dissapointed this is the end of any Zapata/nunez/world class striker of the hour talk. 

It's a smart move though like Burn. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

I don't mind this at all. He is a Gayle upgrade. Pacey, can play across the front and gets in the right positions to score. He is hungry to succeed. 

Definitely dissapointed this is the end of any Zapata/nunez/world class striker of the hour talk. 

It's a smart move though like Burn. 

Gayle scores goals

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I guess. 3 years ago he managed 4. 

Half of ntketiah’s whole league tally :lol: 3 of them were in the championship 

Edited by gdm

A player like Nketiah up front changes the dynamic of the team imo. He's very raw but has something about him, especially in his movement. His pressing is also excellent whenever I've seen him. 

Not sure he fully suits arsenal's style of play and I think he could turn out to be quite a shrewd singing. Certainly no more of a risk than some of the attackers we've been linked with from abroad. 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Half of ntketiah’s whole league tally :lol:

Gayles absolutely finished imo. Absolutely no way nketiah is a worse option than playing Gayle. 

We won't be paying through our arse for Nketiah. Its low risk, high reward. 

I wanted Zapata and feel we could do better than Nketiah but it is far from the worst option imo. 

Just now, toontownman said:

Gayles absolutely finished imo. Absolutely no way nketiah is a worse option than playing Gayle. 

We won't be paying through our arse for Nketiah. Its low risk, high reward. 

I wanted Zapata and feel we could do better than Nketiah but it is far from the worst option imo. 

It’s hardly no risk if we don’t score enough and go down 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Comparing Gayle to Nketiah. Gtfo. He's raw and slightly inconsistent but also hasn't had much game time. Has way more about him than Gayle though. 

but still not what we hoped for. 
wood and nketiah as attacking transfers this window and we desperate need goals. Need an proven goalscorer. 

Edited by peder

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nketiah is fine as long as we bring in another attacking midfielder.

:thup: Nketiah plus Lingard would be sound. Nketiah alone is slightly meh. Understand he's still a young lad and learning but it is underwhelming like, especially if it's only him coming in after Bruno.

Seen very little from Nketiah to get too excited about, maybe I've missed his good games? Just seems a bang average PL player, much like Burn and Wood. Doesn't mean they're not an upgrade obviously because we have a lot of substandard PL players in the squad currently. They'll improve it but not dramatically imo. 

Nketiah probably fills the void of a striker that can play out wide which we need imo. Cheap backup to Wilson with utility seems a smart move tbh. Like Dan Burn it's not flashy but it improves our squad a lot without breaking the bank.

We do still need a legitimate, proven CAM though.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, midds said:

Seen very little from Nketiah to get too excited about, maybe I've missed his good games? Just seems a, bang average PL player, much like Burn and Wood. Doesn't mean they're not an upgrade obviously because we have a lot of substandard PL players in the squad currently. They'll improve it but not dramatically imo. 

Bang on. I feel like this is very bang average player. Was dreaming of Zapata, hoping for at least someone exciting. But I guess it is what it is. I feel its very risky due to our lack of a good striker and with our only decent one out for a while..

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:thup: Nketiah plus Lingard would be sound. Nketiah alone is slightly meh. Understand he's still a young lad and learning but it is underwhelming like, especially if it's only him coming in after Bruno.

Aye this is where I’m at

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, gdm said:

He doesn’t score goals which you kinda want your strikers to do 

He has probably scored bucketloads in his youth career 

He hasn’t had a huge run of games or starts to judge him properly 

He is a very good finisher and will prove people wrong , wherever he ends up (if he plays consistently and starts games) 

No good playing 4/5 games per season and coming off the bench 

Edited by JonBez comesock