More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Messaged two Arsenal supporting mates tonight regarding Nketiah:

1. 'Please take him'

2. 'You're welcome to him, he's shit'

Encouraging :lol:

I looked at a highlights video to see what he was like....I really wish I hadn't now [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Lots of reports saying Origi is now available. We have to go for him IMO.

Contract is running down for this summer too, and so he can be had for around £10 million apparently. No brainer, as he can also play out wide. Good alternative to the Lingard deal we were looking at.

Potentially getting both Origi and Nketiah for around £15 to £20 million would be ridiculous. Would sort out the forward line and wide areas.

It's one or the other, they have shown the level we are looking to attain.  We just need to stay up.  Then we can get Botman, Carlos etc.  They have made it clear we would sign them now if we can for a reasonable fee, the same with others.  We can't fill the squad with players that need to be replaced in the summer.

15 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

It's one or the other, they have shown the level we are looking to attain.  We just need to stay up.  Then we can get Botman, Carlos etc.  They have made it clear we would sign them now if we can for a reasonable fee, the same with others.  We can't fill the squad with players that need to be replaced in the summer.

Solid point. If it's a case of one or the other has to be Origi we look to bring in. That guy has a knack for scoring important goals.

Origi would be decent, but with the Pool hate, what ever we have seen from Sevilla will be close to nothing to what Pool would extort us for... in ways we most likely can't even imagine yet. Or else he'd be in already... I'm pretty sure. It's been out there since forever.

33 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Origi is a good enough player to keep on. He’s been regularly trusted as a sub for a champions league/premier league winning team. 

See, whenever I look at Origi's stats i get extremely underwhelmed. He had one season in Liverpool when he managed 7 starts out of 26 games played or something, then the rest have been very few run-ins in the team and some cup-games. What am I missing?

I'd take Burn and Nketiah tbh. I think some folk are getting carried away.

Watching Nketiah he's an instinctive striker, very similar to Wilson and you don't score the goals he has without being a natural finisher.

I'd love Origi but Nketiah is a huge upgrade and will give up much needed runs into the channels too.

He also looks decent at dropping deep and starting moves from midfield or on the left flank - could be nice with Maxi!

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Nketiah, from what Ive seen, is a very good 18 yard box goalscorer. He has quick feet, a great touch and smart finishing. You play him central or you dont play him at all. He'd require service to him in the box and imo if you do that he'll score a lot. Definitely a gamlbe though and he'd need a very specific role in a very specific set up. I do think he'll be fire if he gets that though,

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Messaged two Arsenal supporting mates tonight regarding Nketiah:

1. 'Please take him'

2. 'You're welcome to him, he's shit'

Encouraging :lol:

I wouldn't take fans views as a benchmark tbh. Can remember some really scathing views on Enrique, Colo, Joelinton and Manquillo on here in the not too distant past. I don't really know that much about him, but looks like he's got pace, from what others say, seems like he has a finisher's instinct. I get Origi has scored important goals at Liverpool, but does he offer that much different to Wood?

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I wouldn't take fans views as a benchmark tbh. Can remember some really scathing views on Enrique, Colo, Joelinton and Manquillo on here in the not too distant past. I don't really know that much about him, but looks like he's got pace, from what others say, seems like he has a finisher's instinct. I get Origi has scored important goals at Liverpool, but does he offer that much different to Wood?

Not at all saying they're wrong or that Nketiah has got 40goals a season in him, but they probably rightly (at the time, based on what they saw) said the same thing about a very raw, uneasy on the eye, fast but unconvincing, chance squandering Andy Cole

Edited by Wolfcastle

I think was we have gone to this 4-3-3 setup we need a wide forward type that is more of a striker or goal scorer than a winger per se. To bring more goals into the team. Similar to what Howe typically got out of Josh King at Bournemouth, who would play on the left for him at times.

Lingard would have played that role very well, but Man U aren't having it, and so I think we are likely looking at the likes of Origi, Nketiah, Mavididi etc to bring that quality into the team. Nketiah would likely be the cheapest and he's the youngest of the bunch, and so has lots of room to improve. I'd be happy with the move.

For what it's worth I think we will still be looking for another striker that is adept at holding up the ball and featuring as a lone striker in a 4-3-3, so that we have three options for that role in Wilson, Wood and the new guy. Looking like it will most likely be Zapata, or maybe perhaps Morata.

Edited by KaKa

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

People need to chill the fuck out, it's fairly clear we are working on deals 

We have been working on deals the whole window. It's the last three days, but yea let's chill? :lol:

6 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not at all saying they're wrong or that Nketiah has got 40goals a season in him, but they probably rightly (at the time, based on what they saw) said the same thing about a very raw, uneasy on the eye, fast but unconvincing, chance squandering Andy Cole

He reminds you of a young Andy Cole? Interesting.

25 minutes ago, LRD said:

We have been working on deals the whole window. It's the last three days, but yea let's chill? :lol:

We've got no control either way, to be fair, just have to hope for the best.

Bruno is imminent and Burn is still being worked on, but with Bakker falling by the wayside it has gone a bit quiet overall as far as reported "bids" go. Think Monday is going to be mental.

Yea, hoping for the best too. Cautiously optimistic that the Bruno deal is done and we are looking to bring in more, but we still need reinforcement in a couple more areas. There's very little time to get them in though, and I'm definitely not as chill like this is at the start of the window.