More transfer rumours

midds

I genuinely still think we can get four done, including Bruno. We've still got the two domestic loan slots to use, which it sounds like we're well aware of, but we can't discount a few moves at other clubs that might open up options that haven't previously existed.

If it's a busy deadline day all-round, January-wise at least, then we'll be one of the very few (only?) clubs there to profit from that.

I agree, there won’t be any lack of appetite for getting deals done from our side. My best case scenario now is a CB that gets Lascelles out of the team (maybe that needs to be 2 CB’s because Howe won’t drop him?) and someone who will get us 10 goals.

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I agree, there won’t be any lack of appetite for getting deals done from our side. My best case scenario now is a CB that gets Lascelles out of the team (maybe that needs to be 2 CB’s because Howe won’t drop him?) and someone who will get us 10 goals.

I can't see howe dropping lascelles. 

11 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Would be slightly disappointing if Wood was our only attacking signing mind. Sure he won’t be though.

I think Wood was just an extra brought in due to Wilson's injury. We were fine with paying so much because we could get him in quickly in a desperate situation and because he has prem experience. Ultimately he'll be more of a squad player.

Think we're trying to get a main striker in before the deadline now. We've apparently looked into the likes of Vlahovic and Nunez but those didn't quite pan out with Vlahovic going to Juve and Nunez apparently not being keen.

More recently we're now seeing links to Zapata, Morata and even Osimhen and so I think we're looking to do something there still.

31 minutes ago, Rich said:
58 minutes ago, LRD said:

We have been working on deals the whole window. It's the last three days, but yea let's chill? :lol:

We've got no control either way, to be fair, just have to hope for the best.

Bruno is imminent and Burn is still being worked on, but with Bakker falling by the wayside it has gone a bit quiet overall as far as reported "bids" go. Think Monday is going to be mental.

What happened to the Bakker deal? I saw a random tweet somewhere that it was off all of a sudden 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Howe obviously doesn’t rate lascelles , he wants two centre half’s !

Every defensive situation where we are in a bad way Lascelles is usually culpable. The guy cannot play in a high line and is uncomfortable on the ball, as well as being a terrible passer of the ball. He will be out of the team IMO. Trippier will get the armband.

Edited by KaKa

Valencia are offering Maxi Gomez about. His goal scoring record has dropped since joining Valencia from Celta Vigo, but he looked a really talented target man prospect at one point. Still just 25 years old.

Anyone think he'd be a good signing?

39 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

A season? Or just for the second half? You think we’ll sign a 20 goal a season striker? 

Extremely unlikely and difficult for now but I'd love us to rattle some cages and make a bloody massive bid for Raphinha. Even if it doesn't work out. 

Him and ASM out wide either side of someone like say Zapata. Drool.. 

Edited by Ikon

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Valencia are offering Maxi Gomez about. His goal scoring record has dropped since joining Valencia from Celta Vigo, but he looked a really talented target man prospect at one point. Still just 25 years old.

Anyone think he'd be a good signing?

Be worth a go for 6 months at least 

15 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Extremely unlikely and difficult for now but I'd love us to rattle some cages and make a bloody massive bid for Raphinha. Even if it doesn't work out. 

Him and ASM out wide either side of someone like say Zapata. Drool.. 

Man Raphina is awesome and would be an dream combo with bruno.

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

If Raphina is even the slightest bit available we should be all over it.  I’d even go so far as to offer Leeds £120m for him and Kalvin Phillips.

for sure, Thats good value in todays market. Or make that 100. 

Edited by peder

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be worth a go for 6 months at least 

If we can't agree for the likes of Zapata, Morata or Osimhen I'd tend to agree.

Apparently available for around 15 million Euros, which seems a pretty sweet deal.

Edited by KaKa