More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

It's not an excellent point really, the clubs might try and get rid for a fee but if the players wait until the summer they get a huge sign-on bonus instead so a lot of them will be happy to wait until then regardless of the clubs position.

Plus the players may have no interest in joining us in our current position. 

Also for Tarkowski, the club would probably rather keep him for the rest of the season, stay in the prem and let him leave for nowt. It's worth more to them in the long run and selling him mid season is signing their own death warrant. 

Guest Biggsbond14
7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Let's be honest, we have no idea how far along deals are. The only concrete links seem to be Digne, Carlos and Botman.

I hope we have one, ideally two in by the end of the week. I think we'll beat Watford regardless, it's more about getting them bedded in as soon as possible.

Confident at beating Watford really ?  We couldn’t beat league 1 Cambridge with a full house roaring us on with cotton wool feet supposed footballers playing for there futures 

Just now, Biggsbond14 said:

Confident at beating Watford really ?  We couldn’t beat league 1 Cambridge with a full house roaring us on with cotton wool feet supposed footballers playing for there futures 

By that logic Arsenal are certainties to lose at the weekend? They couldn't score against Forest with Martinelli, Odegaard and Saka on the pitch.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Let's be honest, we have no idea how far along deals are. The only concrete links seem to be Digne, Carlos and Botman.

I hope we have one, ideally two in by the end of the week. I think we'll beat Watford regardless, it's more about getting them bedded in as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

I also think we'll do Watford with or without a new striker (not that I don't want one).
Playing them will suit the team better than Cambridge to be honest. Get back to the 3-4-3 from the Brentford game and try and counter them.
Might as well try a back three of Schär/Lascelles/Dummett if Fernandez is still out. Tripps and Murphy WB's, Big Joe and Shelvey in the middle and ASM/Gayle or New striker/Fraser.

Should be enough for a win IMO.

Guest Biggsbond14
Just now, The Prophet said:

By that logic Arsenal are certainties to lose at the weekend? They couldn't score against Forest with Martinelli, Odegaard and Saka on the pitch.

But we aren’t Arsenal who have been in really good form of late I’m basing it on us now and how shit we are over half a season unless you can see us scoring with that shower of shit 

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

£17m for Chris Wood? He's 33 ffs, I would barely think he's worth £7m. Not like he's banging them in either, for all we know he could be going downhill already. 

:lol:

I'm sure you used to know your stuff.

Guest Biggsbond14
1 minute ago, clintdempsey said:

I also think we'll do Watford with or without a new striker (not that I don't want one).
Playing them will suit the team better than Cambridge to be honest. Get back to the 3-4-3 from the Brentford game and try and counter them.
Might as well try a back three of Schär/Lascelles/Dummett if Fernandez is still out. Tripps and Murphy WB's, Big Joe and Shelvey in the middle and ASM/Gayle or New striker/Fraser.

Should be enough for a win IMO.

Fucking hell that back 3 , dummett hasn’t kicked a ball in the the league for like forever 

1 minute ago, Biggsbond14 said:

But we aren’t Arsenal who have been in really good form of late I’m basing it on us now and how shit we are over half a season unless you can see us scoring with that shower of shit 

Our lot couldn’t score in a brothel with a diamond encrusted penis 

31 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

rant from another forum, but I think he makes an excellent case:

'all of the below are FREE in June/July. ****ing FREE. Now some clubs might be able to just hold out as they don't need the cash, like Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juve. But a LOT of these clubs cannot afford to let £20m just disappear for the sake of 5 months. So how on ****ing earth haven't we signed like 8 players for about £120m and offloaded some of our utter **** for around £20m?

CB - Ginter, Tarkowski, Felipe, Romagnoli, Denayer, Zagadou, Christensen. Not one of these would cost more than £20m now.
MF - Brozovic, Kessie, Zakaria, Grillitsch, Isco, Kamara. The first two might be slightly more, but the rest? Well under £20m. Four of these are DM's.
FW - Dybala, Lacazette, Dembele, Belotti, Aznoun, Brereton Diaz, Origi. Yeah, we're not getting Dybala and Lacazette's not likely. But the rest? They're not pricey. Get two or three just to have options.

Or the alternative is try to survive with Clark, Lascelles, Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden and Longstaff. I mean, I've seen some ****ing no-brainers in my time, but this takes the piss. And this is just the out-of-contract players - haven't our scouts supposedly been working this past 2 or 3 years on finding other players??'

Romagnoli and Belotti would be class but it would be very Italian for them to just be waiting to sign new deals. Maybe even seeing how the season ends first.

Just now, Biggsbond14 said:

Fucking hell that back 3 , dummett hasn’t kicked a ball in the the league for like forever 

I didn't say it was good. :D But I think it'd be enough. Dummett at least knows how to defend. I'd rather him than Clark that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

But we have recently put in solid home performances v Burnley and Man United. Watford will be a threat going forward, but they haven't kept a clean sheet all season.

Just now, The Prophet said:

But we have recently put in solid home performances v Burnley and Man United. Watford will be a threat going forward, but they haven't kept a clean sheet all season.

We had Callum Wilson for both those games. Now we have a void up front with a choice of taking an out of favour Championship level reserve or playing a non-goalscoring striker who has been our best midfielder, or ASM.

Guest Biggsbond14
4 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

I didn't say it was good. :D But I think it'd be enough. Dummett at least knows how to defend. I'd rather him than Clark that's for sure.

Certainly don’t want clark in and I’m sure if dummett is fit for bench he should start I guess 

Guest Biggsbond14
6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We can’t score 

It does feel like the rumour mill and updates from The Athletic etc have dried up over the past 3 or so days. (disclaimer: in relation to the first week of this window, I'm fully aware that may seem to have a "you don't know you're born" angle to it cos we're genuinely trying for the first time in 14 years)

I'm hoping this is the powers that be simply working hard in the background and perhaps learning that leaking things to the press like a colander re: signings isn't such a clever idea any more, no matter how much of a dead cert it may seem.

Hope they're going all out for a striker before the weekend because I fear even a really good centre half thrown into our mess of a defence without much time spent in training, particularly one who hasn't played PL football before, could still have a rotter of a debut. Someone who can nick a goal or two will be probably the difference maker in the Watford game.

I don't think they can push the Botman and Striker deals through this week  I'm not sure who is actually doing the contracts ect but they seem new to it (not their fault) and it's taking time.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I don't think they can push the Botman and Striker deals through this week  I'm not sure who is actually doing the contracts ect but they seem new to it (not their fault) and it's taking time.

The Botman deal seems reliant on coming to an agreement with Lille. Sounds like the framework of the deal with the player is all but agreed if we are to believe last week’s news. And there are rumors circulating this morning that Lille has indeed named their price. 

As for the striker there’s barely been any names mentioned in the press (not that that really should mean something) so I’d be really surprised to see one in this week. 😟

Without Wilson I think the situation with our strikers is as desperate as I can ever recall. Looking back through squads down the years and I honestly dunno if it's ever been this bad (again, the situation as it is without Wilson). I'm sure we've always had someone waiting in the wings who was capable of at least holding the line and/or getting a shot on target, in the event our first choice was unavailable. At the moment it's a choice between ASM and Gayle, both of whom are a total disaster. 

I'd be absolutely smashing the panic button at this point, anyone will do going into the weekend, then put money towards a proper one before the month's out. Shane Long on loan, fuck it. Ellis Simms, Jay Rodriguez, Fabio Silva. Fucking anyone. 

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

:lol:

I'm sure you used to know your stuff.

I read that he was 33 yesterday and just went with it. Seemed like such a specific number I just assumed it was correct. :doh:

Anyway 30 is not that bad, although I have never liked Wood as a player, but I can see why he might be tempting. He does attack crosses, and I always think he's going to score against us.