More transfer rumours

midds

I feel like we’re approaching the stage of the window that we might have to (or should) actually pay the asking price for a centre back even if it means over paying and reducing the amount of overall players we’ll sign this window. 

I’m really not confident we’ll stay up unless we gain another top quality defender. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I feel like we’re approaching the stage of the window that we might have to (or should) actually pay the asking price for a centre back even if it means over paying and reducing the amount of overall players we’ll sign this window. 

I’m really not confident we’ll stay up unless we gain another top quality defender. 

I'm not confident we will stay up unless there are 3 or 4 signings incoming (still may we have to see). Still maintain Wood was a terrible waste of money also, £25 million still gets me laughing in unbelief

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Must be coming up to a record in failed bids in a window 

I’m not sure if I preferred it when we didn’t try to sign players or prefer being very publicly shit at signing players.

Just now, gdm said:

Must be coming up to a record in failed bids in a window 

It's just become tiresome. So many deals leaked and subsequently failed:

Botman

Carlos

Lingard

Gosens

Ekitike

Not all the blame lay with the owners as I'm sure leaks came from all over i.e. selling club, player involved, agent etc but some of the names linked with key positions are becoming underwhelming (Bruno aside).

Burn, Phillips, Tarkowski don't scream guaranteed survival to me.

Just now, St1pe said:

I’m guessing our hand only gets weaker the closer it gets to the window end too. We’ll end up like that Sunderland chairman by bidding £100m for Tarkowski in the last half an hour. 

Maybe. Or the lack of clubs buying and the need for some to balance the books might strengthen our hand.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It depends if you take every press report at face value.

I think we have to reasonably assume we’ve bid for Lingard, Botman, Carlos & this lyon guy and so far we’ve got none of them 

Guest reefatoon

Remember those sweet old days when we were never knocked back for players because we never used to bid for any.  AAAhhhhh sweet sweet care free January bliss, where the month didn't make a fuck of difference.

We don't have the clout, the profile or the income streams (yet) to force through a sale of a top class player.  I'm 100% certain we'll see some more achievable targets come through the door before the window closes and we'll be back in for the cream when we're in a better position to force the issue.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Remember those sweet old days when we were never knocked back for players because we never used to bid for any.  AAAhhhhh sweet sweet care free January bliss, where the month didn't make a fuck of difference.

I didn't even realise it was a transfer window until about 27th January one year :lol: