More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Yeah, we really need someone else up front. A CB, Guimares and a good, pacey striker would be a great spine to get us those 25 points from the next 17 matches. Then a right-sided forward would be a bonus. Five days to wrap it alll up. 

Burn, Bruno and Zapata. Get ‘em in,

Zapata would be the killer signing for me if we are just talking beating relegation. He not only scores goals, he gets loads of assists too. Would look great in any CL side.

Longer term impact is Bruno. What he can do in midfield, we've not had that in a long time. :drool:

Just now, TRon said:

Zapata would be the killer signing for me if we are just talking beating relegation. He not only scores goals, he gets loads of assists too. Would look great in any CL side.

Longer term impact is Bruno. What he can do in midfield, we've not had that in a long time. :drool:

Precisely that. Lest we forget, Joe Willock’s purple patch of goalscoring form last season practically saw us safe. We need assurance of some goals in our run-in this round. I really hope we’re looking at Zapata and Nunez and hustling some deals for them on the quiet.

Here's my mini prediction:

We will sign Lingard on a permanent deal, with a small release clause. This way, man United get their 10m or whatever, Lingard has an out in the summer and we recoup some of the fee if he leaves.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Maybe there is something in the whole Nunez talk. Lots of places have said we are in for Zapata but maybe we are holding off in case we have a chance and Nunez or someone else. 

Zapata is everything we need though Pace, Power, movement and presence, ideal fit for the PL and wouldn't need time to adapt imo.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Maybe there is something in the whole Nunez talk. Lots of places have said we are in for Zapata but maybe we are holding off in case we have a chance and Nunez or someone else. 

Zapata is everything we need though Pace, Power, movement and presence, ideal fit for the PL and wouldn't need time to adapt imo.

Nunez would be some statement- he’s probably the third hottest striking prospect on the continent, behind Vlahovic and Schick. He won’t be short of suitors.

Zapata fits the profile of what we’ve been able to attain this window - older (costs less, less competition from top clubs, more amenable to move for a final payday), but still fit, and still good. Same as Trippier and Wood. And if they help us avoid the drop this season, they can be subs or cover after we revamp the squad in the summer with actual hot young prospects.

Zapata is now my striker version of Ottmar Hitzfeld for this window [emoji38]

Guest carpetman1
12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Wait until they are greeted by Adam Pearson at the gates :lol:

Only seen a couple of Mr Pearson’s videos. He seems like a canny lad that is just really into the club. Does he spout more shit than an average journo, though? Not sure.

Just now, carpetman1 said:

Only seen a couple of Mr Pearson’s videos. He seems like a canny lad that is just really into the club. Does he spout more shit than an average journo, though? Not sure.

I just hate these social media bellends or rather that whole fan with a camera and a utoob/Twitter/FB account turning it into some shite NUFC fans thing. That and I’m a miserable old cunt these days [emoji38]