More transfer rumours

midds

All the puns aside, Chris Wood is exactly what we need (assuming there’s little chance of getting an absolute superstar)

He would be a great focal point, knows the league, is tremendously consistent (double figures for the past 4 seasons), weakens a rival and could play alongside Wilson as well as on his own. He can leave in a year, longevity is not our concern right now.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I like cantwell but he’s not the player to turn us around. If we were higher in the table he’d be an interesting addition to the squad.

If the links are true I feel like he is someone that has come available the Howe fancies as a long term project. Can't believe he was or is a priority target. 

Will be handing in the Championship mind!

4 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

All the puns aside, Chris Wood is exactly what we need (assuming there’s little chance of getting an absolute superstar)

He would be a great focal point, knows the league, is tremendously consistent (double figures for the past 4 seasons), weakens a rival and could play alongside Wilson as well as on his own. He can leave in a year, longevity is not our concern right now.

He's merely imo just someone to aim a cross or long ball at. He's not quick, just a lump up front who by some Burnley fans' accounts has had a poor 12 months. Surely we can get better from abroad? Dunno who, mind.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Ashley17 said:

We need two strikers. Can see us still trying to get a big up and coming striker in but two strikers that are new to the country league seems risky and unlikely. We need whomever comes in to hit the ground running. Someone like Wood makes some sense, although PEA was obviously aalot more sexy.

That said, looks like we are trying for two new to the PL defenders, so who knows. 

Have to nail these signings. It's high stakes and will make or break what's left of the season.

I know it's January and it's notoriously hard to sign the players needed but when Staveley was coming out after the takeover and saying the aim is to win the Premier League, I'd like to think we are aiming higher than Cantwell and Wood like.

3 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Twitter, man. The new saying of "THIS IS NOT FIFA!" is not the world-beating argument-killer these plebs think it is. 

We just got rid of Mike Ashley and are all rejoicing in the fact we can now have a bit of hope. Even the new owners are encouraging hope,regardless of our situation. In fact, we need more hope and optimism because of our league situation. 

But now the miserable/self-confessed realists on Twitter want to keep to their past-time of low expectations, stuck in the MA way, doing some impressive mental gymnastics to justify shit. And anybody desiring even a little bit more than the usual relegation/championship quality get hit with the ridiculous "THIS IS NOT FIFA!" and "no wonder we get called deluded". You fucking what? :lol:

Trippier, who left one of the best mangers in the world gutted, says Get. To. Fuck :lol:

Personally, I know fine well "THIS IS NOT FIFA!"...but like fuck am I going to sit here and happy clap potential signings that would be shocking under the last owner (although I'd support them if they came). 

"THIS IS NOT FIFA!"...absolutely. But "THIS IS NOT THE OLD NUFC" either :thefinger:

It works both ways though  there's been plenty of 'as if we've gone from Vlahovic to Wood'. As ever with Twitter, there's absolutely no middle ground.

10 minutes ago, 1892er said:

I know it's January and it's notoriously hard to sign the players needed but when Staveley was coming out after the takeover and saying the aim is to win the Premier League, I'd like to think we are aiming higher than Cantwell and Wood like.

do you think she meant this season?

This Wood signing I feel just papers over the cracks

I hope journos are barking up the wrong tree with this one

Knowing our luck he'll probably end up in the tree-tment room

But I'm sure he'll have a blossoming relationship with Will-oak

But a blustery one with Gayle

Maybe if he scores the winning goal that keeps us up he will strip to his trunks like Laurent Robert

I hope we find out if this is happening a-SAP

In a nutshell this has been our most exciting window in 14 years but this is the last time we should axe Howe 

I expect him to have his best goalscoring form in Septimber 

At least he has a chiselled jaw 

Ok I'm done

3 minutes ago, thomas said:

do you think she meant this season?

Not this season but my concern is filling the squad with players that can't cut it at the top level on 3/4 year contracts and then having to shift deadwood again.