More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Jaysus, just had a quick check of Twitter to see if there was any news. What a mess.

I get that fans might be starting to lose their nerve, but there's comparisons to Ashley and low balling, tagging and sometimes being abusive to the owners and general over the top panic. It's a total embarrassment.

The tagging the new owners is the worst thing on there at the minute.

32 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Some of our fans on Twitter / Facebook are embarrassing.

Constantly saying we are the richest team in the world , over and over again. 

Having the richest owners in the world means nothing if you don’t spend money wisely or have footballing people in the correct positions.

We still need a proper scouting structure / recruitment team / director of football / new analysts

Once you get into the billions , the rest is just zeros , money can be burnt through quite quickly if we spend it on the wrong players.

As it stands it appears we still have the old scouting network / old recruitment team with input from Eddie and new owners / plus the ex reading guy 

Looking from the outside in , it appears we have a decent budget but not the “we can buy any player we want’ type of money 

We can already see how difficult it is going to be for us in terms of other clubs adding a few million on to the fee once we make a bid.

so to sum up …….what does this mean , it is good or bad , are we separate from the Saudi state , why did Pardew squeeze His lips so tight , and does it effect the takeover ? 

All good points.  The Twitter ‘richest club’ shite will stop once the window closes - actually, I’ll correct that.  It’ll turn to anger when the silly twats with KSA flags after their handle realise this isn’t a Man City / PSG takeover, and the club will be run based upon income and sizeable though not mind-warping investments each window.  ‘We’re the richest club in the world - where’s X player?’ Etc etc

I don’t think there’s excuses for the current owners not to have replaced the scouting and DoF positions within three months.  Yes, the were caught on the hop - Staveley and Reuben that is; the KSA PIF effectively didn’t arse themselves with their deal brokers and sorted it out themselves - but how long does it take to appoint those roles?  A month to get Howe in was pretty slow, all things considered.

Lessons will hopefully be learned all round for the next window - but for now, they’ve probably realised that getting value in January is next to impossible - particularly when every club in the world has the same stupid take on the takeover as every daft lad on Twitter.  ‘The world’s richest club’. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The tagging the new owners is the worst thing on there at the minute.

That needs to stop like.  But it won’t; and it’ll get worse as the window rumbles on and closes.  Loads of the silly gets weren’t joking about signing players of the M’Bappe level.  They’re not going to be shy about their disappointment …

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

All good points.  The Twitter ‘richest club’ shite will stop once the window closes - actually, I’ll correct that.  It’ll turn to anger when the silly twats with KSA flags after their handle realise this isn’t a Man City / PSG takeover, and the club will be run based upon income and sizeable though not mind-warping investments each window.  ‘We’re the richest club in the world - where’s X player?’ Etc etc

I don’t think there’s excuses for the current owners not to have replaced the scouting and DoF positions within three months.  Yes, the were caught on the hop - Staveley and Reuben that is; the KSA PIF effectively didn’t arse themselves with their deal brokers and sorted it out themselves - but how long does it take to appoint those roles?  A month to get Howe in was pretty slow, all things considered.

Lessons will hopefully be learned all round for the next window - but for now, they’ve probably realised that getting value in January is next to impossible - particularly when every club in the world has the same stupid take on the takeover as every daft lad on Twitter.  ‘The world’s richest club’. 

You also have the 'we've gone from Vlahovic to Wood on a week, what's going on' brigade. It's just a collection of absolutely shit takes.

Just now, The Prophet said:

You also have the 'we've gone from Vlahovic to Wood on a week, what's going on' brigade. It's just a collection of absolutely shit takes.

100% mate.  Absolute clowns.  I pointed out on here that the likes of True Faith aren’t helping by putting up articles re Vlahovic on their website.

People need to be calm, and certainly shouldn’t be abusing people on Twitter.  I think there are reasoned criticisms to make with the early days of the new regime - but I’d rather see if lessons are learned re mistakes before going overboard. 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm pretty sure Vlahovic has never been an option as well. People read the media shite and then make assumptions. And twitter is ripe for shite fictional rumours and there's just too many mugs that believe them

15 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

That needs to stop like.  But it won’t; and it’ll get worse as the window rumbles on and closes.  Loads of the silly gets weren’t joking about signing players of the M’Bappe level.  They’re not going to be shy about their disappointment …

May as well take this one out and dust it off again: the fans are the best and worst thing about our club.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Vlahovic ain't comin here in January, wouldn't rule it out in the summer if we stay up but not now. Chris Wood for the short term isn't that bad an idea, as long as he knows what he's getting himself into.

We aren't staying up 

I said we need to secure a few signings before the window opens or else we would be in trouble. And some people asking where’s my diapers.

See? Every team are holding us ransom now. That’s the consequence. 

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

I said we need to secure a few signings before the window opens or else we would be in trouble. And some people asking where’s my diapers.

In reality, none of us actually have any idea who we're actually bidding for and what is going on behind the scenes.

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

Perhaps those teams have been holding us to ransom for some time?

Our next three games are obviously so huge for us that we can't really afford to sit and wait for loans at the end of the window as you might normally.

That being said, people shouldn't be posting out abuse on twitter under any circumstances.  Some people just aren't raised right.

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

If teams are holding us to ransom what makes you think they would have accepted bids before the window opened? That's illogical

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If teams are holding us to ransom what makes you think they would have accepted bids before the window opened? That's illogical

Exactly, they wouldn't have. They'll always wait until we're in a weaker position.

Some people here should never play poker

14 minutes ago, Zero said:

Consequence of what? Being in the relegation zone? The same relegation zone we were in before the window?

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It makes the matter worse and worse man. The later you make the bid the higher the cost it would be. Before Jan if you throw 40m to Lille I guarantee you Botman would be here already.  Now they are waiting for 50m, or even 60m at 31 Jan. 

I ain’t asking several class or marquee signings but at least some bodies that are capable to do a short-term job, cover several key areas etc so that we aren’t in such a bad shape aka now.

This is not about poker. This is simply project management. We have absolutely no buffer now.

Wish i knew what our plan is. They've worked tirelessly, preparing for all of december for this window they've said. Considering how it doesn't seem possible to start negotiating before the 1st of january (what people on here say) i wonder what exactly we've been preparing (genuine thoughts). We seem to have had a plan that just hasn't worked out for whatever reasons, or the wrong people trying to close deals, i dont know. End result is that we've wasted too much time as it doesn't look like we'll have whats needed for the Watford game. Especially when it would have been nice for potential new signings to meet their team mates before the game at least. I know it isn't FM, which imo is a lazy thing to say. Before the window everyone was like we have to get the players in as early as possible so that we have enough in before the Watford game. People have a reason for concern, it doesn't neccesarily mean total meltdown. Have we aimed too high? If so why didn't we move on to other targets earlier. Are we doing many deals at the same time? Doesn't sound like we are having many deals at an advanced stage right now.

Having said the above, there's still hope, there might be tons of stuff going on, deals being close, happening today or tomorrow. I'm not pointing fingers too much as i can only base these thoughts on from what i/us can see from the outside. Might be totally wrong look from the outside. Time will tell in the next day or two. Random thoughts shared pretty much. Good that many aren't concerned at all, i wish i felt the same.

5 minutes ago, TBG said:

Consequence of what? Being in the relegation zone? The same relegation zone we were in before the window?

you genuinely think we should field out this team against Watford before the window opens? 

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

It makes the matter worse and worse man. The later you make the bid the higher the cost it would be. Before Jan if you throw 40m to Lille I guarantee you Botman would be here already.  Now they are waiting for 50m, or even 60m at 31 Jan. 

I ain’t asking several class or marquee signings but at least some bodies that are capable to do a short-term job, cover several key areas etc so that we aren’t in such a bad shape aka now.

This is not about poker. This is simply project management. We have absolutely no buffer now.

Why would Lille even entertain us prior to the window, on a player they seemingly have no Interest in selling?

Serious question

Edit - we may have done personal groundwork on botman for all we know, and hoped come transfer window it was simply negotiating a fee. 

Once again, just trying to understand how/why this is going a bit awry.

Edited by NE27