More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Zero said:

It makes the matter worse and worse man. The later you make the bid the higher the cost it would be. Before Jan if you throw 40m to Lille I guarantee you Botman would be here already.  Now they are waiting for 50m, or even 60m at 31 Jan. 

I ain’t asking several class or marquee signings but at least some bodies that are capable to do a short-term job, cover several key areas etc so that we aren’t in such a bad shape aka now.

This is not about poker. This is simply project management. We have absolutely no buffer now.

How on earth can you guarantee that?

If you put yourself in Lille's shoes and someone bids 40m for Botman, do you accept it or think "We'll wait, his price can only go up"?

13 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

If Wood has a release clause, then no haggling is required.

We’ve no idea re what their planned investment is etc.  Back in November the consortium had to plough in £38m to keep the club running.  What was notable about that is that each consortium member had to plough in a % of that based upon the size of their shareholding.  

Staveley doesn’t have the money to keep up with PIF even on a 5% basis if the intention is to chuck hundreds of millions in.

It looks to me like the club spending what it has for the time being. 

Shares can be diluted or the business can put up the money itself. We don’t know exactly what will happen, but Staveley did say the aim was to go for trophies within 5 - 10 year and you’re not doing that without serious money being spent. So she is either lying about that or that is the actual plans. 

I swear there is a scene at the start of planes trains and automobiles where Steve martin desperately offers some money for some blokes taxi, and the bloke subsequently says "if you're willing to pay this much for a taxi, you're surely willing to pay X amount" or something to that effect 

Feels like us in the transfer market, in January, in the relegation spots, with the wealthiest backers in the world.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If you put yourself in Lille's shoes and someone bids 40m for Botman, do you accept it or think "We'll wait, his price can only go up"?

Lille will be wanting a bidding war with other clubs to get the best price. This probably won’t go ahead until possibly the last day if the window or the Summer window.

Resigned to not having new additions for Watford,plus I don't buy into new striker= we win, no new striker = we lose. Think we have enough to put them away regardless. If Gayle has recovered from covid get him in,at least he knows which runs to make. See how it goes.

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Resigned to not having new additions for Watford,plus I don't buy into new striker= we win, no new striker = we lose. Think we have enough to put them away regardless. If Gayle has recovered from covid get him in,at least he knows which runs to make. See how it goes.

We could always play Joelinton up front as well like. 

Just now, Holloway said:

Gayle would struggle to hit the floor if he fell on it, never mind the back of the net 

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

How does Ayoze get on at Leicester these days? Is he a regular starter? I know Vardy is out for a while but does it mean Ayoze gets morr chances?

Honestly, if we need proven attackers, we should try get him back. Or at least ask for him on loan. He'd be our focal point in attack and when Wilson does get back, you got a potential partnership there ala Ayoze-Rondon.

The season we went down, the lack of goals from him and Mitrovic was a big reason. Now I'm a fan of Ayoze as a player, but he's not a prolific goalscorer, and he's not a target man either. Not at all what we need at this time. 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Lille keep on adjusting the price base on our transfer news every day. Just like someone said if we already get Carlos, who give a shit for Botman? 

If I am Lille I will try to sell Botman to Newcastle “when his value is the highest in Newcastle’s shoes”. 

That’s why we fucking need to secure some before the window opens. That’s the buffer man...every one know we don’t now.

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

It makes the matter worse and worse man. The later you make the bid the higher the cost it would be. Before Jan if you throw 40m to Lille I guarantee you Botman would be here already.  Now they are waiting for 50m, or even 60m at 31 Jan. 

I ain’t asking several class or marquee signings but at least some bodies that are capable to do a short-term job, cover several key areas etc so that we aren’t in such a bad shape aka now.

This is not about poker. This is simply project management. We have absolutely no buffer now.

It seems you have an in as to what went on before January? Do tell.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Lille keep on adjusting the price base on our transfer news every day. Just like someone said if we already get Carlos, who give a shit for Botman? 

If I am Lille I will try to sell Botman to Newcastle “when his value is the highest in Newcastle’s shoes”. 

That’s why we fucking need to secure some before the window opens. That’s the buffer man...every one know we don’t now.

But clubs don’t want to sell their players outside of the window for various reasons. That’s why it simply never, or very rarely, happens. It’s awesome to read all these people knowing how to run a football club. 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

None of this adds up with 'just get it done before the window opens' because the same 'sell them at the highest value' theory applies regardless. 

6 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

It's not simple project management, it's bloody game theory.

If you are using game theory then tell me what should you do if you know the most likely outcome is both sides dragged to the final day and we are either going to relegate with a shit squad, or paying ridiculous fees?

or how about find other sellers earlier and let them know we have choices and it’s all or nothing for them?

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

None of this adds up with 'just get it done before the window opens' because the same 'sell them at the highest value' theory applies regardless. 

Then tell me why could Watford bring in a few bodies already?

Just now, Zero said:

If you are using game theory then tell me what should you do if you know the most likely outcome is both sides dragged to the final day and we are either going to relegate with a shit squad, or paying ridiculous fees?

or how about find other sellers earlier and let them know we have choices and it’s all or nothing for them?

I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry. 

Clubs will hold out for the best possible offer on their assets. And may decide not to sell if they don't need to. Not sure how this is difficult to grasp.

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

A different club in a different situation buying different players. Udinese are also a partnered club with Watford. Maybe you should tell us how it works? 

Even then, how does 'get signings in before the window opens' join up with clubs wanting to get the maximum value possible? Any club wanting to do that blatantly isn't going to sell before the window opens, what you're saying contradicts itself. 

Edited by kisearch

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

And that answer to that is during the transfer window and not before it

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

Well I’d imagine it’s because 1 is from a Belgian second division who would happily take a half decent offer and the other is from udinese who is also owned by the people that own Watford. Maybe not a great example 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

And that answer to that is during the transfer window and not before it

Then sign someone else, even some who is better than Clark would do it. 

buffer man, we need buffer.